IGNORED

10 wins countdown

mozo

Is it fair to say that 10 wins and a few draws will be enough for a playoff position?

For example, 10 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats would see us finish on 80 pts which last season was enough for Fulham to finish 6th with a 5 point cushion.

Home wins over Hull, Ipswich, Birmingham, QPR and Sunderland, and away wins against Bolton, Burton, Millwall and Preston are all very realistic.

Add to them a Boxing Day win and we're one down with nine to go.

14 wins from 23 could be enough for automatic.

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

Is it fair to say that 10 wins and a few draws will be enough for a playoff position?

For example, 10 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats would see us finish on 80 pts which last season was enough for Fulham to finish 6th with a 5 point cushion.

Home wins over Hull, Ipswich, Birmingham, QPR and Sunderland, and away wins against Bolton, Burton, Millwall and Preston are all very realistic.

sounds easy, still not counting any chickens yet.

This is City we're talking about, so they'll have unexpected wins, draws and defeats. eg Losing at home to PNE, but winning at Hull etc.

After 23 games City have 44 points, so it may be considered realistic to expect 88 points for 46 games. Then again, this is City we're talking about.

88 points would have placed a team 4th in 2016 and 3rd in 2017. Going back further QPR were champions in 2011 with 88 points as were Cardiff two years later. In 2012 Soton were runners up with 88 points. In 2008 WBA were champions with just 81 points.

6 hours ago, mozo said:

That's the one, can't be doing with the pray off at my time of life.:pray:

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not moaning after how this season has been, but why can City never just have a boring midtable season?

Even our last midtable finish we spent half the season bottom of the league.

It would be nice once in a while - I suspect most of us would have been happy with that back in August.

For me it`s the absolutely positively having to be at every game because it matters so much - I missed a stag weekend in Prague last season because I just had to be at the Barnsley home game!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would be nice once in a while - I suspect most of us would have been happy with that back in August.

For me it`s the absolutely positively having to be at every game because it matters so much - I missed a stag weekend in Prague last season because I just had to be at the Barnsley home game!

At 22 I'm struggling to thing of more than 2-3 boring, mid table seasons in my lifetime.

1-2 seasons after the playoff final defeat, and possibly 1 season after Wilson left.

It really is amazing to think just a couple of months ago people actually walked out at half time when losing to Leeds and now we’re talking about promotion.

Whatever happens it’s gonna be a rollercoaster ride and it won’t be straight forward knowing City, but at least the actions at the right end of the table this season!

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

It really is amazing to think just a couple of months ago people actually walked out at half time when losing to Leeds and now we’re talking about promotion.

Whatever happens it’s gonna be a rollercoaster ride and it won’t be straight forward knowing City, but at least the actions at the right end of the table this season!

That was fools being fools though, back before the Leeds game we were still by the playoffs.

On Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 23:56, JamesBCFC said:

Not moaning after how this season has been, but why can City never just have a boring midtable season?

Even our last midtable finish we spent half the season bottom of the league.

Because we are Bristol City. We only ever do the extremes. Go for promotion or fight relegation. 

14 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

From 17 games:

For Play offs need to get to 80 points - 10 wins or equivalent 30 points

For Auto need to get to 90 points - 13 wins or equivalent 40 points

I was going off the theory that if we win 8, we are unlikely to lose the other 9! 4/5 draws could be enough.

All about the next game, then the next game, then the next game, and so on...

End of the day; now we only have the league to focus on, and have bolstered the squad a little, along with one or two injury returnees arriving back too, it’s just a case of taking it a match at a time and aiming to win each one.

I’m as guilty as the next for looking at all the machinations, but the twists and turns of yesterday’s game (down to ten at nil all, then winning well) should caution us to raising our heads to the horizon too much.

Upside is we’re basically safe from relegation now; after the last two seasons, that alone is something to celebrate!

16 minutes ago, samo II said:

All about the next game, then the next game, then the next game, and so on...

End of the day; now we only have the league to focus on, and have bolstered the squad a little, along with one or two injury returnees arriving back too, it’s just a case of taking it a match at a time and aiming to win each one.

I’m as guilty as the next for looking at all the machinations, but the twists and turns of yesterday’s game (down to ten at nil all, then winning well) should caution us to raising our heads to the horizon too much.

Upside is we’re basically safe from relegation now; after the last two seasons, that alone is something to celebrate!

' Safety First Samo ' like it ! 

;)

I dare say it, but looking at our fixtures from now on, I feel dangerously optimistic. Getting most of the bottom ones and last few around us out of the way next month before the end when they start scrapping for points. Then it's mostly mid table, best teams to play towards the end. 

Great opportunity here, great transfer window so far. Let's do this!!!

Edit...looking at Derby's, they have Wolves, Boro, Villa, Burton and Bolton in their last six. Dangerous combo of top and bottom fighting. Great stuff!

Archived