IGNORED

Crowd v Reading

Sleepy1968

I haven't seen anything on the official site but it looks like there are about 170 odd home tickets left for the Reading game. Reading have sold 1,111 with no POTD sales for away supporters. Allowing for some unsold corporate/hospitality seating  in the Lower Lansdown (in places actual fans might have wanted to sit, rather than be forced down into near pitch level rows), we must be looking at a crowd of 22,000+. Amazing.

Are some POTD prospects going to be disappointed or can City magic up some unsold seats from somewhere?

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I haven't seen anything on the official site but it looks like there are about 170 odd home tickets left for the Reading game. Reading have sold 1,111 with no POTD sales for away supporters. Allowing for some unsold corporate/hospitality seating  in the Lower Lansdown (in places actual fans might have wanted to sit, rather than be forced down into near pitch level rows), we must be looking at a crowd of 22,000+. Amazing.

Are some POTD prospects going to be disappointed or can City magic up some unsold seats from somewhere?

If Reading only bringing 1.1k then maybe we should have left the Atyeo as it was on Weds. 

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

According to the website they are expecting a crown in excess of 20,000 !! but as you say there seems to be very few tickets left for the home ends, maybe they can open up the Atyeo for home fans if there is a late rush for potd

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I would hope/expect that City will open up the Atyeo tomorrow for POTD with Reading only bringing 1.1k.

I do wonder whether Avon & Somerset will allow us to do that though? 

Hope the boys have stayed off the turkey today - 3 points crucial tomorrow

Yoooo redddsssd

If they didn’t have any objections to Man United & City sharing the same stand I can’t imagine they would have any problems when it comes to Reading. 

Reading have got to have one of the least threatening fan base. Odd lot they are. 

2 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

I'm off to Neath versus Aberavon in the El Classico South wales derby.  And guess what?? Not a police officer in sight .... pay on the day ... fierce local rivalry ... tough working class area ... both sets of fans drinking together in the clubhouse (together with some English visitors) .... but not a sign of trouble because? ... it's rugby ... love it!

Oh bore off ffs. 

1 minute ago, oldrosie said:

I'm off to Neath versus Aberavon in the El Classico South wales derby.  And guess what?? Not a police officer in sight .... pay on the day ... fierce local rivalry ... tough working class area ... both sets of fans drinking together in the clubhouse (together with some English visitors) .... but not a sign of trouble because? ... it's rugby ... love it!

Don't let us detain you...why don't you **** off now !

16 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Are they not trying to ban alcohol at Welsh national matches because the fans can behave themselves? Used to have to put up with rugby fans when on the train home to London, they would get in at Bath and Reading, they were at best embarrassing and at worse a set of idiots. Hope you enjoy your day. 

47 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Could you be on a more irrelevant forum..? 

You do realise that people thinking that you are a nauseating tosser, isn’t the same as any of us giving a damn about who/what you go to watch..?!

I was hoping for a crowd of 23k to 24k for this one.  Being a boxing day, there may be quite a few who dont fancy another afternoon of their in laws and decide to potd.  Weather not great though so may deter a few.

For anyone waivering, get down to the the gate, experience a fantastic atmosphere and support our great team of Manchester conquerers.

Much better than watching a bunch of egg chasers.

52 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Could not think of anything worse. Sounds shit 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I was hoping for a crowd of 23k to 24k for this one.  Being a boxing day, there may be quite a few who dont fancy another afternoon of their in laws and decide to potd.  Weather not great though so may deter a few.

For anyone waivering, get down to the the gate, experience a fantastic atmosphere and support our great team of Manchester conquerers.

Much better than watching a bunch of egg chasers.

Landsdown (10,832 (-73 available = 10,759))

Atyeo (c1100 away fans)

Dolman (Sold Out - 6484)

South Stand (Sold Out 6143)

Attendance: 24486.

This is fag packet maths based on the website. This is based on no city fans in the Atyeo.

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Atyeo (c1100 away fans)

Dolman (Sold Out - 6484)

This is fag packet maths based on the website. This is based on no fans in the Atyeo.

Club had still been saying its POTD but that figure keeps them below the 25k threshold...........

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Atyeo (c1100 away fans)

Dolman (Sold Out - 6484)

This is fag packet maths based on the website. This is based on no fans in the Atyeo.

We’ve clearly not sold that many, if it’s POTD and no announcement has been made about the Atyeo being open. 

If anything, there will be at least 10% kept back for POTD, which aren’t showing as available. So maybe about 21k sold. Although thennthey usualy say “a crowd of over 21k is guaranteed” not “a crowd of over 20k is anticipated” 

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

Atyeo (c1100 away fans)

Dolman (Sold Out - 6484)

This is fag packet maths based on the website. This is based on no city fans in the Atyeo.

I doubt the upper w2 - w6 have been opened and sold though, maybe wrong and they have sold, but it always says sold out before they release any in those blocks (bar the family blocks)

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We’ve clearly not sold that many, if it’s POTD and no announcement has been made about the Atyeo being open. 

If anything, there will be at least 10% kept back for POTD, which aren’t showing as available. So maybe about 21k sold. Although thennthey usualy say “a crowd of over 21k is guaranteed” not “a crowd of over 20k is anticipated” 

It IS Xmas night.....perhaps no one's in the building to update ?

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Still pretty impressive, and clearly shows the club is on the up.

3 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Who gives a shit??:facepalm:

3 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Rather sh*t in my hands and clap. 

4 hours ago, oldrosie said:

in a crowd of over 26,000 there were just 4 arrests, ashton gate must be one of the safest places anywhere to watch football or rugby so what are you banging on about.

Archived