IGNORED

Excellent Match Report - Loft For Words........

cheshire_red

Once they’d removed West Brom loanee Jonathan Leko – a lazy and heavy legged presence wide in midfield who’d become a walking red card after a booking and several other stupid foul

hmmm even other fans can see it - we should really send him back and spend any loan fees/wages on someone else. 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Once they’d removed West Brom loanee Jonathan Leko – a lazy and heavy legged presence wide in midfield who’d become a walking red card after a booking and several other stupid foul

hmmm even other fans can see it - we should really send him back and spend any loan fees/wages on someone else. 

Totally. A lot of QPR fans said how weak we were before the subs. Leko is not on it at all. Even at Fulham away he almost made it easy for Fulham to attempt a fight back. 

It's a good write up, love the description of Maggers as "more boy and than Championship"!. 

Only dispute I have with it is over the penalty. I can only assume that because the ref seemed to allow blatant pushing (and really blatant, the sort where a player gets a push in the back just as he's about to jump for the ball) to go unpunished for most of the games that they must have thought it was legal. Yes, Flint and Baker collided, but only because Flint got pushed into him. Pen for me, and we could have had a couple more in the second half, for both pushing and shirt pulling.

11 hours ago, Fiale said:

Perhaps he already knows he is going? Might explain such a lack lustre performance.

11 hours ago, Fiale said:

Someone should show Leko that he's been described as "a lazy and heavy legged presence"  - if he has any pride, he will improve his attitude and effort.

Leko is the spark that failed to ignite - Pulis knew what he was doing when he let us have him.

12 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Totally. A lot of QPR fans said how weak we were before the subs. Leko is not on it at all. Even at Fulham away he almost made it easy for Fulham to attempt a fight back. 

I haven’t seen much of Leko, so not really in a position to write him off, but despite a turn of pace and some nifty footwork, he does look like he’s not the best "footballer".  Reminds me a bit of Walcott, a bit Press-His-Head-Down-and-let-him-run type player.

That type was effective imho when coming on v Sheff Utd....I thought he stretched and committed them, and helped us keep them in their win half, where pressure finally told.

He’s only 18, and if he learns his role / position could gave a good career.

17 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

That's a great write-up. A lot of fan written material has kicked the professional media stuff into touch this season. You don't need to agree with everything to enjoy the genuine insight that fans have over salaried journos. They know their own players and in this instance, Clive Whiitingham seems to know ours as well.

4 hours ago, Xiled said:

That's a great write-up. A lot of fan written material has kicked the professional media stuff into touch this season. You don't need to agree with everything to enjoy the genuine insight that fans have over salaried journos. They know their own players and in this instance, Clive Whiitingham seems to know ours as well.

21 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Excellent write up.

Excellent write up,

literally 2 sentences long,

dude what

Archived