IGNORED

Sir Nick Clegg

Barry Sheene

24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just goes to show how useless one needs to be to get this once coveted honour.

Absolute joke.

Couldn't agree more. I'd forgotten all about him.

Then I remembered he destroyed the Liberal Party by getting into bed with Cameron.

28 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

Out of interest who would you like to receive one?

Somebody who deserves one for doing charity work etc  To give one to some old geezer who is famous for looking a right mess and singing like his bollycocks have been through a mangle just makes a mockery of the whole process.

On 26/12/2017 at 08:59, Barry Sheene said:

Nick Clegg is to be rewarded with a knighthood in the new years honours list for his five year stint as assistant prime minister .

Cannot think of a more undeserving recipient

You quite simply couldn't make it up (well, I suppose you could

On 30/12/2017 at 10:36, BigTone said:

Somebody who deserves one for doing charity work etc  To give one to some old geezer who is famous for looking a right mess and singing like his bollycocks have been through a mangle just makes a mockery of the whole process.

And handsomely recompensed for said caterwauling.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:37, BigTone said:

Now I read we have Sir Barry Gibb ................... WTF !!    So now they give out Knighthoods for being a complete Toss Pot ?

Many a true word spoken in jest Big Tone...you're not so far from the truth...

In a previous incarnation the brothers Gibb were actually known as ' Les Tossers ' ... before they became famous as The Bee Gees. 

(did you see the Clive Anderson show when Barry followed be the other two walked off the set after Clive said they'd always been 'les tossers' to him?  ..it's on YouTube) :)  

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Many a true word spoken in jest Big Tone...you're not so far from the truth...

In a previous incarnation the brothers Gibb were actually known as ' Les Tossers ' ... before they became famous as The Bee Gees. 

(did you see the Clive Anderson show when Barry followed be the other two walked off the set after Clive said they'd always been 'les tossers' to him?  ..it's on YouTube) :)  

I did and loved it

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I watched the clip and, for the life of me, I can't see why or at what Barry Gibb was offended.

Clive Anderson's comment that they had always been Les Tossers for him was said several minutes before BG walked off stage, and he seemed to be in good humour after.

Maurice was the last one off and he looked totally bemused / confused by the whole thing. Barry really is a humourless plank.

An age thing, obviously, but I really liked the Bee Gees' 1960/70s songs (Words, Massachusetts etc.), but thought they went downhill from Saturday Night Fever and the whole disco thing onwards.

I am sure some expert will be able to demonstrate that their record sales prove I am in the minority, but there we are.

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An age thing, obviously, but I really liked the Bee Gees' 1960/70s songs (Words, Massachusetts etc.), but thought they went downhill from Saturday Night Fever and the whole disco thing onwards.

I am sure some expert will be able to demonstrate that their record sales prove I am in the minority, but there we are.

My thoughts exactly

Archived