IGNORED

Pulis in at Boro.....

BanburyRed

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Hard to fathom, and particularly from Steve Gibson. Sack Monk due to style of football and appoint Pulis! They must like 10 men behind the ball at Boro. Strikers for sale?

Rumour I've heard is the press conference Thursday was supposedly postponed on Monk's request for something family related, instead he was talking to Swansea. Gibson found out and was pissed, agreed a deal with Monk, waived compensation for leaving the role. Could explain why Monk is favourite for the Swansea job.  

42 minutes ago, miloemily said:

What an awful appointment 

It's hardly an 'awful appointment'.

He was bad here, many years ago. Despite that, he's unquestionably done well elsewhere whatever you think of him as a person.

What he achieved with Stoke was very impressive and did solid jobs at struggling West Brom and Palace.

Boro should really be challenging at the top, will be interesting to see how this goes. I predict he'll do well.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's hardly a 'terrible appointment'.

He was bad here, but he's unquestionably done well elsewhere whatever you think of him as a person.

What he achieved with Stoke was very impressive and did solid jobs at struggling West Brom and Palace.

Boro should really be challenging at the top, will be interesting to see how this goes. I predict he'll do well.

Failed at Portsmouth. Didn’t endear himself to Place or WBA fans with his brand of football. His type of football is well past it’s sell by date.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he did well with them and got them up into the playoffs. However, I wouldn't wish having to suffer his brand of 'football' on my worst enemy.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you about him keeping them up. I think he is a perfect fit for Middlesbrough as his football is dire, as is the town. Just as Barcelona is a beautiful City and you expect their football to match, Middlesbrough is a dump so you expect the football to match the surroundings 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you about him keeping them up. I think he is a perfect fit for Middlesbrough as his football is dire, as is the town. Just as Barcelona is a beautiful City and you expect their football to match, Middlesbrough is a dump so you expect the football to match the surroundings 

Stoke & Middlesbrough could be twinned, they're that bad!

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's hardly an 'awful appointment'.

He was bad here, many years ago. Despite that, he's unquestionably done well elsewhere whatever you think of him as a person.

We will see. The expectation at boro isn’t just staying up like at stoke or West Brom. Get a grip.

Archived