IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

(where 6 is a decent performance)

Fielding - 6 - Two really good saves, back to his worst with kicks.

Wright - 6 - Steady display

Baker - 6 - Solid enough until coming off with injury

Flint - 7 - Won everything at the back

Mags - 6 - A couple of dodgy moments but generally effective

Bryan - 6 - Didn't really get the service to threaten too much today

Pack - 5 - Really thought he might get send off 2nd half but showed good restraint. A bit slow and guilty of the odd misplaced pass.

Brownhill - 5 - A couple of forward forays, but well off from his usual game. Should have done so much better in rare first half break, when he pushed the ball too far in front of himself, also terrible play to gift them possession from our FK which led to Pack taking a yellow for stopping their break.

Smith - 7- Pick of our midfield, battled for all 94 mins.

Reid - 5 - Wasteful, should of scored when put through, had a couple of other half-chances where he should have got shot off but didn't.

Taylor - 5 - Decent first half, except missing the target completely with free header. 2nd half started to gift possession away, rightly subbed.

SUBS

Pato - 7 - Started to join up our play and very composed finish to pass the ball into top corner. Really hope is hamstring is OK, but didn't look good when he went down.

Woodrow - 5 - Huff 'n' puff, passed on one chance to have a shot and passed to Reid who delayed and chance was gone.

Kelly - ? - Only on for 4 minutes so can't really rate, despite getting 2nd goal.

Overall, a great result but a below par performance. Luckily Reading were poor, especially in final 3rd. We will need to play much better in coming games to keep getting results.

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Brownhill 5? That was one of his best performances of the season and he was the best player on the pitch by far.

Not in my eyes, like I said lost control of the ball in ouir one decent break in the first half and lost possession badly from our own FK which resulted in Pack picking up a booking. I thought he was not at his normal excellent level.

5 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Brownhill 5? That was one of his best performances of the season and he was the best player on the pitch by far.

Yep overall MOM for me, still he also thought Taylor had a good first half and I thought he spent too much time on his arse and he had an overall mare, gave him the same mark as Reid who set the goal up.

19 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Fielding - 6 - Two really good saves, back to his worst with kicks.

Wright - 6 - Steady display

Baker - 6 - Solid enough until coming off with injury

Flint - 7 - Won everything at the back

Mags - 6 - A couple of dodgy moments but generally effective

Bryan - 6 - Didn't really get the service to threaten too much today

Pack - 5 - Really thought he might get send off 2nd half but showed good restraint. A bit slow and guilty of the odd misplaced pass.

Brownhill - 5 - A couple of forward forays, but well off from his usual game. Should have done so much better in rare first half break, when he pushed the ball too far in front of himself, also terrible play to gift them possession from our FK which led to Pack taking a yellow for stopping their break.

Smith - 7- Pick of our midfield, battled for all 94 mins.

Reid - 5 - Wasteful, should of scored when put through, had a couple of other half-chances where he should have got shot off but didn't.

Taylor - 5 - Decent first half, except missing the target completely with free header. 2nd half started to gift possession away, rightly subbed.

SUBS

Pato - 7 - Started to join up our play and very composed finish to pass the ball into top corner. Really hope is hamstring is OK, but didn't look good when he went down.

Woodrow - 5 - Huff 'n' puff, passed on one chance to have a shot and passed to Reid who delayed and chance was gone.

Kelly - ? - Only on for 4 minutes so can't really rate, despite getting 2nd goal.

Overall, a great result but a below par performance. Luckily Reading were poor, especially in final 3rd. We will need to play much better in coming games to keep getting results.

5 for brownhill and pack. Brownhill got motm and pack although a bit of a shakey first half, was very good second. His tackle should have led to a goal and a great disguised pass to Reid led to the st up for Patterson. Korey no better than either of them really,  8 for brownhill 7 for pack. 6 first half 8 second. 8 for korey and I thought Reid was very unlucky not to grab a goal. 2 Awful offside Decisions against him. Reid 7. Tireless performance. 5 for Taylor who wasted possession and missed a very presentable chance. Thought Woodrow was a significant improvement on him. 6 or 7 

Christ we are tough on these players.

We pulled off a 2-0 home win with half the squad injured, walking wounded and illness, the players brought what they could again!!

Joe Bryan is class as is Brownhill Flint Pack Fielding Magnússon Wright Baker Smith Taylor Reid and the rest!

where 6 is a decent performance)

Fielding - 7- 5/10 for the first half but made some great saves in the second and kept us in the game. Kicking still needs improving.

Wright - 7- Kept Barrow very quiet and looked a lot better going forward.

Baker - 6 - Good display just a shame with the injury

Flint - 8 - Won everything in the air, won every tackle, simply brilliant 

Mags - 9 - My MOTM very good crosses in the box at LB, positing very good and when Baker came off which was a massive void he stepped in and helped close out the game.

Bryan - 7 - LM not the best but once changed to left back he was flying down that left side. Surely favourite for POTM

Pack- 6 - A steady game very good at winning back possession.

Brownhill - 8 - Not far off MOTM today so good at bursting forward in to the box and works incredibly hard.

Smith - 7- Calm composed and won the ball back a lot, a couple of times he should’ve shot though.

Reid - 7 - Unlucky not to score today he made some great runs but a mix of poor finishing and great saves from Mannone stopped him from doing so.

Taylor - 6 - Solid display works hard and did well to win headers, rightly subbed though.

SUBS

Pato - 8 - What a strike that was! Changed the game and made us more dangerous going forward.

Woodrow - 7 - A lot better today started to get involved more, just a bit unselfish at times.

Kelly- n/a - Great goal but only in for 4 minutes 

Great result but boring first half. Much better second half and it’s good to be second. COYR!

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Very harsh ratings. We were not at our best, but we still played better than a decent looking reading side. Thought flint, brownhill and Bryan were superb. Korey as good as ever. Pack got better as the game went on, but not so good first half. Pato helped change the game when he came on. Bad performances for me were Magnússon, Taylor and Reid.

Magnússon made one mistake cleared up by Flint I believe and the set up play between Pack and then Reid for Patterson's goal was sublime, that marks them both up for me.

5 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Mags - 9 - My MOTM very good crosses in the box at LB, positing very good and when Baker came off which was a massive void he stepped in and helped close out the game.

Interesting opinion, I thought he was very dodgy when on the ball with a lot of misplaced passing, his heading wasn't great when he went to CB either, wouldn't have had him as more than a 7 (more likely a 6.5 if not rounding up) myself. 

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Interesting opinion, I thought he was very dodgy when on the ball with a lot of misplaced passing, his heading wasn't great when he went to CB either, wouldn't have had him as more than a 7 (more likely a 6.5 if not rounding up) myself. 

I thought he his crossing was class and defending aswell. Only mistake I recall was that header in to I think Aluko.

Just now, Flint says No said:

I thought he his crossing was class and defending aswell. Only mistake I recall was that header in to I think Aluko.

The attempted 40 yard back header, numerous short passes at left back missed their player, headers at centre back weren't the most effective, few dodgy long passes over the back 4, crossing was decent granted. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Decent enough at left back I thought. Distribution not very good, but did the basics well enough. Actually he did put in a few good crosses. But at centre back, I thought his heading was very poor. There's atleast 3 examples I can remember where he won the headers but where the ball went was putting us in unnecessary danger. No wonder flint was going absolutely mental at him. If Baker is out then I'd move wright inside. 

To be fair Wright had a poor first half today but improved in the 2nd, I would say Pack in the first half at least 3 times gave the ball away putting us in unnecessary danger and with a fussier referee could have ended up with a red card and Fielding's kicking was worse than his normal shocking standard, it was comedic, he even managed to put a free kick straight into touch and that certainly put us into unnecessary danger, it's not as if our free kicks are that good anyway but allowing Fielding to take them is a joke, I cannot understand how we do not see an improvement to his kicking?.

Fielding: 7 - good keeping but distribution still needs work

Wright: 7 - might have given a 6 as I didn't think he did much going forward, but he looked steady in defence

Baker: 6.5 - was it just me that thought he looked like he was struggling a bit in the first half?

Flint: 9 - immense! my MOTM. I'd give a 10 if his passing had been more accurate

Mags: 7 - looked solid in all areas

Bryan : 7 - more successful tackles than any other player on the pitch, but quieter in attack than he can be

Pack: 7 - aggressive but controlled and his passing was accurate

Brownhill: 9 - on the ball more than any other and as influential as any one on the pitch. passes helped set up 2nd goal and lots of other chance

Smith: 7 - solid, but not spectacular

Reid: 7 - tidy enough with the ball and worked hard without

Taylor: 5 - always willing but didn't seem effective to me.

SUBS

Pato: 8 - changed the game when he came on

Woodrow: 6 - some good passes/through balls but also lost the ball a fair bit

Kelly: 7 - scored, and so totally deserves a 7

For them, I thought McShane was really good at the back and they were well set up to defend and play on the break, but I thought they were overpowered in the second half. We did create good shooting opportunities and looked fitter, stronger and better than them as the game wore on.

21 minutes ago, Neo said:

I thought Woodrows work rate was tremendous when he came on and credit for taking one for the team when the keeper was looking for a quick counterattack 

Woodrow deserves an 8 for picking up that booking when he flattened Mannone to stop a quick kick. We were exposed and he definitely took one for the team!!

Archived