IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Shtanley

He was excellent up top with Diedhou, stoke at home, maybe in the second half of the season we’ll see more of a rotation. We’ve got a busy January as well and rotation is key if players aren’t feeling 100% 

For me he is a very intelligent player, knows when to drop deep and brings others into the game. Just because of a couple of off games since joining doesn’t mean he’s terrible 

Probably a squad player/sub to see out games who has been called on to start due to the fact there is little else. Always works hard and makes space for others, trouble is though Bobby was doing much the same and we found it hard to come up with different ideas. The service was poorer than usual until Paterson arrived. Add into that the constant stop/start nature of the game, when the ball didn’t stay on the pitch for more than 3 passes in a row and it wasn’t an easy game to play in, especially for those like Taylor whose runs in the team have been patchy.

More than adequate Championship player. Didn’t have a great game today, but after the season we’re having, a player is allowed to have an off day here or there. 

Was instremental on Wednesday night against United. 

And let’s not forget.....DARRELL CLARKE SAID HE WOULDNT SELL HIM FOR £10m AND WE BOUGHT HIM FOR £300k HAHAHAHAHA

He's not good enough at this level. Well, to be starting anyway. I think he's a very good squad player though 

People love him, for obvious reasons. I too like him. But if he had not come from the Gas, questions would be asked. His finishing in general has been poor since joining.

Woodrow is a better player. Technically anyway. I think Woodrow with a bit of confidence would be a real prospect. When he came on at QPR he looked very good, despite missing couple chances (confidence related). And looked pretty decent today too. A very neat footballer 

I thought Taylor and Reid both struggled at times today, that was until Patterson  came on. We lacked the link between the midfield and the strikers until Patterson’s introduction, he is the player who really makes us tick at the moment, he’s the only player we have that stands defenders up and allows other people to make their runs off the ball whilst he holds on to it.

Both teams lacked a cutting edge today and the game was heading for a stalemate until Patterson gave us that bit of nous that we were lacking.

According to the comments made by LJ post match we will have Dhiedhou and Djuric back mid-Jan. Which I assume means they are already training and just need to ease back up to the right level to get on the pitch. 

If so we can relax a bit as we will be reasonably well covered up front, even if we don't sign another striker. I realise it takes time to get back match fit but there will be plenty of games to rotate them in to pace their full recovery.

12 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

He's not good enough at this level. Well, to be starting anyway. I think he's a very good squad player though 

People love him, for obvious reasons. I too like him. But if he had not come from the Gas, questions would be asked. His finishing in general has been poor since joining.

Woodrow is a better player. Technically anyway. I think Woodrow with a bit of confidence would be a real prospect. When he came on at QPR he looked very good, despite missing couple chances (confidence related). And looked pretty decent today too. A very neat footballer 

Are people really favourable to him cos he played for the Gas?  Can’t see that and I am certainly not. 

He is what he is. Good impact sub.  

@GrahamC harsh to quote his games/goals as so many sub games in his total.  

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ah, it's Taylor's turn then.

Yeah annoying isn't it.

The bloke does well when he plays, produces a pass that has been replayed a 1000 times by everyone on this forum and yet back to some of this bollocks ASAP! 

******* desperate some people!

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Are people really favourable to him cos he played for the Gas?  Can’t see that and I am certainly not. 

He is what he is. Good impact sub.  

@GrahamC harsh to quote his games/goals as so many sub games in his total.  

Yes, ofcourse they are. But he has earned credit through his performances too. I just think he's a solid squad player. Not someone we could rely on to get us promoted. 

i dont get how any of the squad can be harshly criticised at the moment.busiest period of the calendar,2 previous energy sapping games,half the team crocked,slippery pitch and jaap stams reading to try and break down. never going to be easy and a 2-0 win is more than i anticipated. just glad they kept that kermagorant bloke out of it for so long.

9 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Why do we do this? We are second in the league, players like Bobby have given their all in a threadbare squad. Worse than Taylor indeed. No pleasing some, unbelievable. 

Mop your tears up mate. I was simply making a point that people criticise Taylor, but then another player who was less effective....doesnt get mentioned

Im plenty pleased thanks

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Yeah annoying isn't it.

The bloke does well when he plays, produces a pass that has been replayed a 1000 times by everyone on this forum and yet back to some of this bollocks ASAP! 

******* desperate some people!

Uhmmmmm.....it's a forum.....for discussion and debate

Ive only read one post that was uncalled for even in terms of opinions

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Mop your tears up mate. I was simply making a point that people criticise Taylor, but then another player who was less effective....doesnt get mentioned

Im plenty pleased thanks

I'm not crying 'mate' you do seem to struggle to find the right words don't you? You rated two players as worse than the other.

See? 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Uhmmmmm.....it's a forum.....for discussion and debate

Ive only read one post that was uncalled for even in terms of opinions

I thought there were quite a few that were just plain wrong quite apart from what is called for and uncalled for. My addition to the debate is. Yeah annoying isn't it. The bloke does well when he plays, produces a pass that has been replayed a 1000 times by everyone on this forum and yet back to some of this bollocks ASAP! ******* desperate some people!

And I stand by it!

The boy ran his socks off again with very little dropping for him. My thought is, he really is not an out and out striker, but a much better player behind a forward. The guy has a lot of vision as supported by the goal/pass against United that completely unhinged them and evidenced by other examples, away at Brighton last season etc etc., but is being asked to play both as a forward and at times tucked in because of the squad being so stretched. Korey has been a RB, Joe is a LB or an outside left, Wright is a RB etc etc, players acrss are team ar playing out of their skins and out of position and doing well with it. This includes Taylor

To say he is not a Championship player or not good enough is under selling his contribution massively. We are second for a reason and picking up points while stretched. Taylor plays a part in that which is constantly overlooked or down played by some for whatever reason

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I thought there were quite a few that were just plain wrong quite apart from what is called for and uncalled for. My addition to the debate is. Yeah annoying isn't it. The bloke does well when he plays, produces a pass that has been replayed a 1000 times by everyone on this forum and yet back to some of this bollocks ASAP! ******* desperate some people!

And I stand by it!

The boy ran his socks off again with very little dropping for him. My thought is, he really is not an out and out striker, but a much better player behind a forward. The guy has a lot of vision as supported by the goal/pass against United that completely unhinged them and evidenced by other examples, away at Brighton last season etc etc., but is being asked to play both as a forward and at times tucked in because of the squad being so stretched. Korey has been a RB, Joe is a LB or an outside left, Wright is a RB etc etc, players acrss are team ar playing out of their skins and out of position and doing well with it. This includes Taylor

To say he is not a Championship player or not good enough is under selling his contribution massively. We are second for a reason and picking up points while stretched. Taylor plays a part in that which is constantly overlooked or down played by some for whatever reason

Agree wholeheartedly. Him and Reid are interchangeable with Diedhou/Djuric. They are no partnership and never will be. 

Archived