IGNORED

Todays Referee

wendyredredrobin

Dire.  Thought he was going to cost us the game.  4 or 5 decisions were plain wrong and what the hell was going on in the first half when the linesman gave bobby reid offside when he was onside by a mile and the ref gave an uncontested dropped ball to Reading.

Most of the refs have been ok this season except for the one against burton.  He was the weakest ref up to today, but todays must have been half blind.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Dire.  Thought he was going to cost us the game.  4 or 5 decisions were plain wrong and what the hell was going on in the first half when the linesman gave bobby reid offside when he was onside by a mile and the ref gave an uncontested dropped ball to Reading.

Most of the refs have been ok this season except for the one against burton.  He was the weakest ref up to today, but todays must have been half blind.

The problem was that the ball was headed back by a Reading player so irrelevant whether BR was in an offside position or not

Thought both linos and referee were shocking

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Being pedantic, but the ref cannot give an ‘uncontested drop ball’, presumably we agreed not to?

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The ref knew the Lino had made a howler when he flagged for off side after Reid was passed to by their players back header. Would have been a very good scoring op. He gave the drop ball because he didn't know what else he could do. 

1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

The ref knew the Lino had made a howler when he flagged for off side after Reid was passed to by their players back header. Would have been a very good scoring op. He gave the drop ball because he didn't know what else he could do. 

It was the referee with the whistle, he didn’t have to blow the sodding thing if he knew the lino had made the mistake. 

The ref cocked up as well as the lino. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Being pedantic, but the ref cannot give an ‘uncontested drop ball’, presumably we agreed not to?

Yeah but fat load it did, takes the piss the recent trend of teams kicking the ball into corners for throw ins, doesn't help the team who were in possession at all. All the officials were shite I thought. Linesman infront of the Lansdown for the second half, I don't know whether he actually got an offside call right for the whole of the second half, called stuff offside when fine and let Bobby off once or twice when offside. 

Some very harsh bookings today, including Marlon who was just standing his ground , and their lad who had a quick free kick knocked against him when he couldn't get out the way. I hate when that happens. 

Strangely though, when Pack fouled their guy shortly after being booked , their players were pointing out to the ref it was "him" again , hoping for a red , which could easily have been given. Then towards the end, I think it was Woodrow who had already been booked, standing over their free kick and the guy went to kick it against him , which would have been a red card, and changed his mind and pulled his foot away , fair play for that.

4 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

He can over rule the Lino though and just wave play on. 

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It was the referee with the whistle, he didn’t have to blow the sodding thing if he knew the lino had made the mistake. 

The ref cocked up as well as the lino. 

Yep. The ref at Bournemouth v West Ham had a similar call and ignored his assistant. Bournemouth scored. 

Sign of a good ref. Confident enough to ignore a flag. The one today was not confident and obviously thought he'd missed something. 

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Some very harsh bookings today, including Marlon who was just standing his ground , and their lad who had a quick free kick knocked against him when he couldn't get out the way. I hate when that happens. 

Strangely though, when Pack fouled their guy shortly after being booked , their players were pointing out to the ref it was "him" again , hoping for a red , which could easily have been given. Then towards the end, I think it was Woodrow who had already been booked, standing over their free kick and the guy went to kick it against him , which would have been a red card, and changed his mind and pulled his foot away , fair play for that.

Nah I had a good view of that, he was deliberately getting in the way of it, stuck out a leg to block it. 

5 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Yes he asked Reading to kick it back to us which they did. Lino dropped a bollock but the ref blew up for the dropped bollock, so plenty of bollox to go around.

Poor and the ref was not great, but I have seen far far far worse.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah but fat load it did, takes the piss the recent trend of teams kicking the ball into corners for throw ins, doesn't help the team who were in possession at all. All the officials were shite I thought. Linesman infront of the Lansdown for the second half, I don't know whether he actually got an offside call right for the whole of the second half, called stuff offside when fine and let Bobby off once or twice when offside. 

Spot on. He got the offsides on and the onsides off. Opposites day for that lino.

Ref was a complete melt as well.

What was worse though was every Reading player getting right on the ref for everything, including trying to get our Marlon a second yellow. They also told their player to stay down until they'd accosted the ref. He promptly got up and trotted on once they realised no card being given. Glad they lost.

9 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Every foul by a city player the reading fans started chanting "off, off," think they knew the only way they win if we got players sent off

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Still hate it when the taker kicks it against them deliberately. Should never be a booking. 

When the player is deliberately standing a yard away to stop a quick free kick being taken then I reckon its fair game, shouldn't be doing it in the first place so their fault if they get booked for it.

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Still hate it when the taker kicks it against them deliberately. Should never be a booking. 

To be honest I see it the opposite way.  I hate it when players stand in front of the ball to prevent a quick free kick. It's up to the ref to decide whether it can be taken quickly, nobody else. Unfortunately I've rarely seen cards given for it although there have been a couple recently. It's fair enough if the guy is on the floor or not looking but otherwise there's no excuse in my opinion. All about opinions!

Comment from Reading forum and a good one to read ;)

RoyalBlue wrote:
City are a good footballing team but also nasty and cynical. Every potential counter from us was broken down by a cynical foul.

I thought he's right and there were a few intelligent fouls committed to prevent a quick break 

We are learning !

33 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Could have made ammemds with push in the second half. Right in front of me by the way, blatant.

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Comment from Reading forum and a good one to read ;)

RoyalBlue wrote:
City are a good footballing team but also nasty and cynical. Every potential counter from us was broken down by a cynical foul.

I thought he's right and there were a few intelligent fouls committed to prevent a quick break 

We are learning !

....as I said to the guy next to me as to why Reading aren’t up around the playoffs....my mist rated Champ player over the two and a bit seasons we’ve been up....

Danny Williams

the best player in previous seasons of making picky fouls to avoid sides breaking on them.  A master at it.  Good player, but a cleverer fouler than our most similar type of player - Korey.

Reading getting a taste of their own medicine.  Unlaacky I believe us the cool term used these days!

So glad we’ve learned the clever stuff.

Agree about Aluko's yellow, he wasn't unlucky, he went out of his way to prevent the free-kick from being taken. I thought Pack's yellow was fair too, he intentionally blocked the run of the player (I think it was mcshane of all people). We made quite a few cynical fouls today but it's all part of managing the game.

Both incidents right in front of me in the Lansdown. 

Pack's second challenge was maybe not the best idea but it didn't warrant a second yellow.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....as I said to the guy next to me as to why Reading aren’t up around the playoffs....my mist rated Champ player over the two and a bit seasons we’ve been up....

Danny Williams

the best player in previous seasons of making picky fouls to avoid sides breaking on them.  A master at it.  Good player, but a cleverer fouler than our most similar type of player - Korey.

Reading getting a taste of their own medicine.  Unlaacky I believe us the cool term used these days!

So glad we’ve learned the clever stuff.

Had to laugh late on when Manone tried to rush to edge of are to kick quickly and Woodrow beat a race of 3 or 4 City players to catch up with him and try and stop a quick counter :yes:

Was worth a yellow for Woodrow

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Had to laugh late on when Manone tried to rush to edge of are to kick quickly and Woodrow beat a race of 3 or 4 City players to catch up with him and try and stop a quick counter :yes:

Was worth a yellow for Woodrow

Might’ve been handball outside the box had Woodrow not made a challenge....not that I’d expect today’s officials to know that rule :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, rwilliams90 said:

Agree about Aluko's yellow, he wasn't unlucky, he went out of his way to prevent the free-kick from being taken. I thought Pack's yellow was fair too, he intentionally blocked the run of the player (I think it was mcshane of all people). We made quite a few cynical fouls today but it's all part of managing the game.

Both incidents right in front of me in the Lansdown. 

Pack's second challenge was maybe not the best idea but it didn't warrant a second yellow.

I'd have to say as it happened right in front of me it looked as if Pack just stood his ground and the player clattered into him rather than a deliberate attempt to block him.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'd have to say as it happened right in front of me it looked as if Pack just stood his ground and the player clattered into him rather than a deliberate attempt to block him.

He stood his ground after he deliberately ran across the player's path and slowed down to block him off IMO. It wasn't a case of not moving out of the way, he ran across the pitch to get in the way rather than towards the ball.

52 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

They stand there trying to prevent the kick being taken quickly.

It's gamemanship!

Although you claim to have no name, are you sure your name isn't Colin???

:laugh:

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

From sitting in the left side of the south stand Pack seemed to deliberately run into the path of McShane to block his run - I'd say it was a yellow 

Archived