IGNORED

Todays Referee

wendyredredrobin

The liner was absolutely terrible today, I could have sworn he was from Reading, and talking about Reading, he could have done with reading The Inverted Pyramid to actually learn about football in general. My first game this season at Ashton Gate though, fantastic atmosphere around the pitch and glad that I caught the 8am bus, should get home around midnight. Worth every second of travelling, Bristol City and looking forward to being there again this weekend!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Comment from Reading forum and a good one to read ;)

RoyalBlue wrote:
City are a good footballing team but also nasty and cynical. Every potential counter from us was broken down by a cynical foul.

I thought he's right and there were a few intelligent fouls committed to prevent a quick break 

We are learning !

We were mixing it up today and, at times, were quite physical.

We've had a hectic week, I'm glad the team are playing the savvy game.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I'd have to say as it happened right in front of me it looked as if Pack just stood his ground and the player clattered into him rather than a deliberate attempt to block him.

Pack purposely changed his running angle and made sure he blocked off the Reading player, defo yellow card and a good foul to give away, because the Reading player was about to get in behind us.

We are definitely more street wise as a team now.

2 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Yep. The ref at Bournemouth v West Ham had a similar call and ignored his assistant. Bournemouth scored. 

Sign of a good ref. Confident enough to ignore a flag. The one today was not confident and obviously thought he'd missed something. 

Just seen it. Ref makes a diabolical decision to over rule his Lino. Take that one back

18 hours ago, Redtucks said:

They stand there trying to prevent the kick being taken quickly.

It's gamemanship!

Although you claim to have no name, are you sure your name isn't Colin???

:laugh:

Putting my pedantic hat on, gamesmanship would be doing something within the rules (example being not walking when you know you've edged it in cricket).

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

One in the first half where the ref blew for a free kick to them on half way and still doing the finger wagging bit at a couple of ours when their player thought he saw Frankie off his line and booted the ball at goal.

That`s kicking the ball away surely? Ref didn`t even have a word.

No it’s not....it’s attempting to take the free kick early. A yellow card for kicking it away was brought in to discourage dissent and that’s how the rule is enforced.

2 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

No it’s not....it’s attempting to take the free kick early. A yellow card for kicking it away was brought in to discourage dissent and that’s how the rule is enforced.

I don`t really see that in this instance. It must have been a good minute after he blew and he was obviously not looking at play as he was bollocking our player. The Reading player must have known if it went in it wouldn`t have counted so it`s just stupidity in my view.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t really see that in this instance. It must have been a good minute after he blew and he was obviously not looking at play as he was bollocking our player. The Reading player must have known if it went in it wouldn`t have counted so it`s just stupidity in my view.

It’s never going to get given as a goal but can see why the ref wouldn’t give a yellow.

Archived