IGNORED

"My garden shed is bigger than this"

Rudolf Hucker

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't know, we improved it for them in the early 80's! ;) #TOTALTAKEOVER

haha, before my time but have heard countless, lurid stories :D  Only went Elm Park the once, 93 I think it was - from memory we lost to a last minute winner and i ended up getting nicked. never liked them since! not just a tinpot club but a tinpot town to boot.  

To be fair they've done very well for themselves in recent times.

Just like MK Dons they want to be taken seriously but just like MK Dons they don't have any individuality and therefore, seemingly don't have an identity which they crave.

Plastic fans in a plastic stadium.

5 hours ago, Swede said:

To be fair they've done very well for themselves in recent times.

Just like MK Dons they want to be taken seriously but just like MK Dons they don't have any individuality and therefore, seemingly don't have an identity which they crave.

Plastic fans in a plastic stadium.

Yup. That just about sums them up. I was there for the Reading riots, at least they had a bit of character then. Now they are just bland, can’t distinguish them or their ground from a few others, but even most of the other new builds have some sort of identity. They had done well for themselves by getting into the Prem and flirting with it again, but I think they will be on a downward cycle for a few years now, and their fans know it.

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

... sang the teeming masses from Reading which packed the Atyeo  in their thousand.

• Capacity of the Madejski stadium, 24,160.
  • Capacity of Ashton Gate 27,000.

Nice song, shame about the facts.

As opposed to our Bristol educated singing intelligentsia who have been heard to sing the same at such places as Hillsborough, Elland Road etc

11 hours ago, Neo said:

Madjeski seemed nice when first done but when I went last year thought it looked in need of some refurb.

Concourse is tatty and the leaking roof was embarrassing.

Not a patch on what we have.

Not been to the masjeski for a while, but i thought the same about the riverside, stadium of light and deepdale.

All just looked very tired, the concourses in particular

13 hours ago, Neo said:

Madjeski seemed nice when first done but when I went last year thought it looked in need of some refurb.

Concourse is tatty and the leaking roof was embarrassing.

Not a patch on what we have.

I dunno about that... Ashton Gate certainly has its fair share of leaks. Sat just behind a group lads who were sat under a constant drip for the full 90.

13 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Remember singing this even longer ago at Wigan, Springfield Park, sat on the grass away end, looking at our old floodlights, long before they moved to the DW stadium.

Great song, happy memories!

I remember watching the first half on that bank and walking up to the other end for the second half !

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

I dunno about that... Ashton Gate certainly has its fair share of leaks. Sat just behind a group lads who were sat under a constant drip for the full 90.

Sat in south stand S19 yesterday and was a constant drip from the roof. Bit worrying for only just completed the rebuild.

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Madejski must rank as one of the worst new builds. The definition of the soulless bowl in a business park. Dreadful dingy concourses like a level from Doom too.

When we first played there, it was like a new world but now others, ourselves included, have better. Bear in mind the 'TerryandJuneodrome' has to be 20 years old now.

Archived