IGNORED

Marlon Pack Banned

wayne allisons tongues

5 minutes ago, Cider Queen said:

I thought it was his 9th.. Hope so anyway.. Been a revelation recently finally looks like a proper midfielder!  We need him for wolves!

I hope so, was trying to find info online. Couple of websites said 9 but hadn’t updated goalscorers for yesterday. Fingers crossed

47 minutes ago, Cider Queen said:

I thought it was his 9th.. Hope so anyway.. Been a revelation recently finally looks like a proper midfielder!  We need him for wolves!

So one more caution and he is suspended. We can't afford to lose him so if Johnson has any sense he won't play him for the next 5 games or so.

57 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Am I right in thinking that was Marlon 10th booking yesterday and he now has a 2 match ban. 

Going to miss him in cm if so and will have to reshape team whilst he’s missing.

I checked the sky stats after the game n it said he was on 8, so now 9. 

Pack has potentially got lots of time left in his career. Seeing as his game has never really relied on athleticism or speed; injuries permitting he could comfortably play at this level for another 8 years or so.

His passing and intelligence on the ball will probably improve too if anything. Key player for us who’s improved massively. Would like to see him get a few more goals because he hits a ball so well.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pack has potentially got lots of time left in his career. Seeing as his game has never really relied on athleticism or speed; injuries permitting he could comfortably play at this level for another 8 years or so.

His passing and intelligence on the ball will probably improve too if anything. Key player for us who’s improved massively. Would like to see him get a few more goals because he hits a ball so well.

Pack = Pirlo

1 hour ago, BrightCiderLife said:

The cynic in me says he will play against Wolves and then if he avoids a booking he will definitely pick one up against Villa so he misses Watford and Man City away so he can come back fighting in the league and will play the home leg against Man City.

We were discussing this option yesterday, only flaw is I think that 10 yellows is a two match ban?

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We were discussing this option yesterday, only flaw is I think that 10 yellows is a two match ban?

Yes I think you're right, so a yellow against Villa means he can rest up during our two cup games against Watford and Man City to come back in the league. Probably too hard to predict these things though.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, well that style of midfielder does generally seem to carry on longer. 

Pirlo, Senna, Carrick.. all played at a very good level well into their 30s. Arguably Pirlo only really peaked after he moved down to Juventus aged 31 or so.

Outstanding the way he could read the game, even with the visor down on his crash helmet.

3 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Because he'd miss Villa?

I`m not sure of the exact rules but there used to be a period before a ban took effect so if he did get booked v Wolves we might be OK for him to play v Villa. Then of course, if it`s a two match one he`ll only miss cup matches.

Someone will know for definite though.

Archived