IGNORED

Public Address System

Gifford

Seeing as there’s been so much positivity on here recently I didn’t want to bring it up yet again - but it’s such a shame they leave the lights on during games.

I know it’s been done to death and looks like it won’t change - but against United it was so noticeable. It’s like watching the game on a plane as it comes into land. Really distracting and all for the sake of ensuring our CCTV can identify people to ban :fear:.

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Still sounds like a goldfish gargling a snooker ball in Dolman :laughcont:

It's an absolute disgrace that the Tannoy in the Dolman is rubbish. 

I maintain that it can't that difficult to restore decent sound quality. Probably low down on the 'to do' list....................:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I maintain that it can't that difficult to restore decent sound quality. Probably low down on the 'to do' list....................:facepalm:

I maintain that it's fine and I sit in row W in the upper dolman!!

Clean your ears out !!

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think it’s always going to be a challenge to get the levels perfect so speech from interviews can easily be heard, however I agree the quality isn’t good enough.

8 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Dolman tannoy is much improved and another sign the club listen to us fans. 

Shame one or two cowards prefer to moan. 

I hope you're not accusing me of being a coward when all I've done is raise a legitimate complaint that, btw several staff who work at AG completely agree with but unfortunately the sound system falls outside of their remit.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No point. I've given up trying to listen to muffled voices.

I think it’s a bit pointless playing the interviews on the PA. Getting the levels right would be nigh on impossible. Music is fine.

Maybe the club could develop an app that works at AG.. allows you to order food and drinks to pick up at the counters, has match commentary, score updates and all the interviews you can listen to on headphones. Would be pretty innovative.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s a bit pointless playing the interviews on the PA. Getting the levels right would be nigh on impossible. Music is fine.

Maybe the club could develop an app that works at AG.. allows you to order drinks to pick up, food, has match commentary, score updates and all the interviews you can listen to on headphones. Would be pretty innovative.

Yeah, no problem with the music at all.

Your othe point is a decent suggestion PF but beyond the realms of do ability.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The word coward is inappropriate in this scenario, 

Heroic crusader would be far more suitable despite the fact my mission is unfinished as yet....

Getting scared to meet someone face to face is literally the definition of a coward. 

Others have taken up the 'crusade' and now it's been resolved. 

Just now, Robbored said:

Yeah, no problem with the music at all.

Your othe point is a decent suggestion PF but beyond the realms of do ability.

I’m not sure it is. There’s lots you can do with apps, would be a big strain on the WiFi but definitely not totally unrealistic to create.

I’ve been to venues where they have similar. It’s would be a bit like a combination of the Player app and the Wetherspoons app!

13 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Getting scared to meet someone face to face is literally the definition of a coward. 

Others have taken up the 'crusade' and now it's been resolved. 

'Being scared' is hardly the right description for chatting in the bar and forgetting the time.....

It's still not possible to hear interviews at the back of the south stand where I sit. But, walking down at halftime and 15 rows closer to the pitch, it was perfectly clear. Made me think that it can be a very localised issue hence the level of disagreement. There must be something odd about the acoustics at the back of the south stand.

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

It's still not possible to hear interviews at the back of the south stand where I sit. But, walking down at halftime and 15 rows closer to the pitch, it was perfectly clear. Made me think that it can be a very localised issue hence the level of disagreement. There must be something odd about the acoustics at the back of the south stand.

I’m in row 19 of the Lansdown and I can’t decipher the interviews. The live presenter is however very clear (sadly he isn’t worth listening to).

Does anyone understand why there is such a difference?

Archived