IGNORED

Public Address System

Gifford

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’m in row 19 of the Lansdown and I can’t decipher the interviews. The live presenter is however very clear (sadly he isn’t worth listening to).

Does anyone understand why there is such a difference?

Downsy is using his own mic and can hear himself live so can adjust his tone of voice. Much easier to control. Working in radio too he has that experience in controlling his voice.

The interviews are done with someone else’s holding the mic which makes it harder and the player/manager may not be thinking to adjust their voice for the PA.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Downsy is using his own mic and can hear himself live so can adjust his tone of voice. Much easier to control.

The interviews are done with someone else’s holding the mic which makes it harder and the player/manager may not be thinking to adjust their voice for the PA.

Maybe the interview acoustics are relevant too? Ie possibly recorded in a room with boomy echoes, rather than a decent studio environment?

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Downsy is using his own mic and can hear himself live so can adjust his tone of voice. Much easier to control. Working in radio too he has that experience in controlling his voice.

Answer is quite simple.

Replace the management and coaching staff with Grime artists.

They can apparently rock a mic*.

*Not sure if that is what the kids say or not.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Maybe the interview acoustics are relevant too? Ie possibly recorded in a room with boomy echoes, rather than a decent studio environment?

Yeah there’s all manner of things that’ll have an impact. I think unless you had a professional mixing the audio live it’ll almost be impossible to get them sounding as they should.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Answer is quite simple.

Replace the management and coaching staff with Grime artists.

They can apparently rock a mic*.

*Not sure if that is what the kids say or not.

Good call.

Get this guy to do the interviews.

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

I’m in row 19 of the Lansdown and I can’t decipher the interviews. The live presenter is however very clear (sadly he isn’t worth listening to).

Does anyone understand why there is such a difference?

I can only guess that it's to do with the location/angle and number of speakers. Very little else difference between me and the seats further down the block. Nightmare to resolve but I'm sure Hillsborough is equally complicated and it sounds pretty clear at all times.

5 hours ago, Xiled said:

It's still not possible to hear interviews at the back of the south stand where I sit. But, walking down at halftime and 15 rows closer to the pitch, it was perfectly clear. Made me think that it can be a very localised issue hence the level of disagreement. There must be something odd about the acoustics at the back of the south stand.

I sit at back and thought it had improved greatly

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

I hope you're not accusing me of being a coward when all I've done is raise a legitimate complaint that, btw several staff who work at AG completely agree with but unfortunately the sound system falls outside of their remit.

Well it should be in their remit ..its awful especially at the utd game and when you can't hear it with safety messages...they should visit the principality stadium(cardiff) ok different level but a cracking system.It all plays part to the atmosphere.

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seeing as there’s been so much positivity on here recently I didn’t want to bring it up yet again - but it’s such a shame they leave the lights on during games.

I know it’s been done to death and looks like it won’t change - but against United it was so noticeable. It’s like watching the game on a plane as it comes into land. Really distracting and all for the sake of ensuring our CCTV can identify people to ban :fear:.

Makes you wonder if theyve ever heard of night vision cameras especially Hd ..Do they really need that much light and how does other stadium cope..But yes its bloody annoying.

21 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

Well it should be in their remit ..its awful especially at the utd game and when you can't hear it with safety messages...they should visit the principality stadium(cardiff) ok different level but a cracking system.It all plays part to the atmosphere.

Unfortunately we don't get regular updates about what action is underway to rectify the long standing rubbish sound system.

We have a very impressive redevelopment of AG and a crap sound system. It's an embarrassment and complete shambles.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately we don't get regular updates about what action is underway to rectify the long standing rubbish sound system.

We have a very impressive redevelopment of AG and a crap sound system. It's an embarrassment and complete shambles.

This really bugs me as well why spend 40 million on a stadium but install a below average PA System..We have 2 large screens as well.A PA system in large stadium has to be crystal clear but you also need to feel it as well..It provides everything regarding health and safety alerts also screen sound and music..To me the system isnt large enough to provide the capacity sound the stadium needs.Amplifier capacity and speaker capacity. Very odd from the club regarding updates..Shame because it would finish our great stadium off..

11 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Dolman tannoy is much improved and another sign the club listen to us fans. 

Shame one or two cowards prefer to moan. 

As a Dolman Stand STH I agree it has been a bit better for the last two games, BUT far from perfect and if I compare it with outdoor PA's at other events frankly the club could do better.

With regard to the possibility that the  acoustics vary a bit depending on where you sit, for the record I am in block E33 row 21, 

40 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

Makes you wonder if theyve ever heard of night vision cameras especially Hd ..Do they really need that much light and how does other stadium cope..But yes its bloody annoying.

I think it must be for the CCTV. I cant think of any other reasonable explanation. Bigger stadiums with bigger crowds manage - whether it’s football, rugby, boxing or a gig.. why can’t we? The explanations we’re given don’t add up.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it must be for the CCTV. I cant think of any other reasonable explanation. Bigger stadiums with bigger crowds manage - whether it’s football, rugby, boxing or a gig.. why can’t we? The explanations we’re given don’t add up.

I can't.. I think its first for me to watch footie with stand lighting especially the ones at Ashton gate..Doesn't make sense even at concerts you don't get it,You might get the odd strip lights left on but that's not often.I couldn't help but look the other night to see if I could see an explaination to why but couldn't its not like the stadium stands are dark either..Puzzling. I will say the lights take away the focus of the pitch while watching and it does ruin the experience of a night game.

Archived