IGNORED

Wembley Syndrome

Port Said Red

I have noticed the last few games how long it's taking people to get back to their seats after half time. Especially the front of the Lansdown it looks like the posh seats in Wembley Stadium for about 5 minutes.

Perhaps the club should take a leaf out of the Theatres book and sound a bell 2 or 3 minutes before the restart? 

6 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Noticing it in the Dolman too, I presume it's the same in the SS too. Very annoying when your seat is near the stairs. 

If I have got my timing wrong and need to dash down to the gents mid game aim always astounded by the numbers drinking watching on the screens in the concourse whilst the game is going on 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I have noticed the last few games how long it's taking people to get back to their seats after half time. Especially the front of the Lansdown it looks like the posh seats in Wembley Stadium for about 5 minutes.

Perhaps the club should take a leaf out of the Theatres book and sound a bell 2 or 3 minutes before the restart? 

That's the trouble with having such a well appointed concourse..........bet the sags don't get this trouble !

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If I have got my timing wrong and need to dash down to the gents mid game aim always astounded by the numbers drinking watching on the screens in the concourse whilst the game is going on 

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That's the trouble with having such a well appointed concourse..........bet the sags don't get this trouble !

This is true, the ground itself looks almost empty until about 5 minutes from kick off, it's a vibrant atmosphere down under the stands though.

I agree. Although think part of this is as the crowds are getting bigger it’s getting tougher to fit a pee and a pint in with the queuing in the 15 mins. Used to be no probs but now queuing for a pee (if you stay to clap off for half time whistle) takes 10 mins and add to that the mrs drinks pints of gold so bloody slowly! 

During the United game, two people on our row got up and went to get a coffee after about 35 minutes, disturbing everyone in the row as they went. One of the most absorbing, captivating games I can ever remember and they left for a coffee. They must have been “4+” members because we were right near the front in W3. I just can’t get my head around that.

32 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

During the United game, two people on our row got up and went to get a coffee after about 35 minutes, disturbing everyone in the row as they went. One of the most absorbing, captivating games I can ever remember and they left for a coffee. They must have been “4+” members because we were right near the front in W3. I just can’t get my head around that.

Would have been Latte surely 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

An announcement would be helpful. I’ve always moaned about those at Wembley coming back late but when I went to the Germany game in Club Wembley I lost track of time and didn’t realise the game restarted.   

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

An announcement would be helpful. I’ve always moaned about those at Wembley coming back late but when I went to the Germany game in Club Wembley I lost track of time and didn’t realise the game restarted.   

I'm usually outside the SS and then suddenly all you hear is please welcome back onto the pitch etc. Would like there to be a 2 minute warning so enough time to finish pint and have a pee.

Archived