IGNORED

Worst single moment watching City

Aizoon

1 hour ago, harrys said:

3-0 defeat at Trumpton 1990

completely unreal that night. City came out, Sinclair ran up the White Flag and the rest was history.

Got back to the Hen and Chicken with a mate and just drank... and drank... and drank... with many other City fans, in a totally silent pub. It was utterly surreal

Wasn't at the 3-0 at the Azteca Trumpton, but the 4-0 when Allison was in charge (maybe his first game?) was a rather deflating 90mins.

That said, the play-off loss to Brighton probably edges it, for the utterly shambolic manner in which we did it. Hull didn't bother me anywhere near as much.

9 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Wasn't at the 3-0 at the Azteca Trumpton, but the 4-0 when Allison was in charge (maybe his first game?) was a rather deflating 90mins.

That said, the play-off loss to Brighton probably edges it, for the utterly shambolic manner in which we did it. Hull didn't bother me anywhere near as much.

seeing the glee in their faces makes me mad to this day. By the end the away end had emptied to half-capacity with some hoardings going over and, i remember, someone setting fire to their own city flag. The team had let everyone down and then some. Mind you, we got em back later that season 2-1 at a packed Ashton Gate (thousands locked out, gates going in) in a match that although it didn't send them down, was a big nail in their coffin. Arguably, and despite returning to Bristol a few years later, I don't think they ever really recovered from that night which alone gives me a feeling of contentment. 

I agree with the sentiments about Hull. We'd gone beyond all expectations that season and while it felt we never really turned up at Wembley, we'd played all season with pride and togetherness. There was no shame that we finally hit a wall and ran out of steam. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Will Rollason said:

Brighton by a mile. We still dont really talk about it much in our family. Too soon.

This one for me too, I recall being sat on a kerb after, having found an off licence, trying to drink as quickly as I could to blot out the memory of what was, a shambolic game and Wilson had to go after that......

I came away from the Hull game thinking that was a fantastic season, I was really proud of what we had done and I could easily have another season like that again.

I came away from the Brighton game thinking bugger another year of playing a load of shit teams and were never going to get out of that poxy league, just never going to go anywhere!

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

None of them really vividly stick out, strandley the only one that really does was the moment we went 1-0 down at Home against Shrewsbury under SOD. Just the vivid recollection of their player reeling off to celebrate with about 70 away fans in the background, when we near the bottom of L1, with about 10k there hit Home. 

Nicky Shorey was a shambles that night. JET saved our bacon.

1. Loss to Hull in the play-off final, the journey back seemed to be endless, especially with the sags hanging banners off the M32 bridges.

2. Loss to Stoke in the Johnstone Paint final, the winning goal being hit from a free kick whilst we were still arguing with the ref I believe.

3. 0-6 defeat vs Cardiff. From what I recall some company had bought all the programmes and wrapped them in their advert and gave them out to the fans. Turned out to be very poor investment when 95% of them  ended up being thrown on the pitch at half time. By the end we had reduced ourselves to singing 'we want one'. I was one of a small percentage who stuck it out to the final whistle. Not made any better by having to sit next to a Swindon fan at work the following day, who had won that evening.

4. Going 1 down vs the sags at AG, December 2000, luckily that moment didn't last and we turned it around.

5. My first ever trip to AG, aged 8. Was taken for indoctrination by my Dad, Uncle and Granddad to watch City vs Milwall, April 1991. We were 1-0 up at at half time, then lost 1-4, thanks to a Sherringham hat-rick. I wondered exactly what I was being brought into.

2 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Hull play off final I was most distraught.

Getting thrashed 6-0 at home by Cardiff was the most disillusioned I've ever been with City.

Can proudly say I threw the first paper airplane that day!

I second that - I mean the humiliation at home by Cardiff. It was an evening game - perhaps four years ago? . A freezing February night with sleet driving horizontally into the Dolman stand. 

And i remember the Cardiff striker (whose name I have forgotten) taunting us home fans with V signs after scoring. I think he scored twice that night. 

We stayed to the very end (God knows why) but by then there were about 500 of us left. 

2 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Lots to chose from, many mentioned above, and I would add the Osman years, but most disappointing and I suppose the worst was the final whistle in the 2008 play off final. The dream was over.

The game will never be o-o-over, because we're keeping the dream alive

7 minutes ago, WelshRobin said:

1. Loss to Hull in the play-off final, the journey back seemed to be endless, especially with the sags hanging banners off the M32 bridges.

2. Loss to Stoke in the Johnstone Paint final, the winning goal being hit from a free kick whilst we were still arguing with the ref I believe.

3. 0-6 defeat vs Cardiff. From what I recall some company had bought all the programmes and wrapped them in their advert and gave them out to the fans. Turned out to be very poor investment when 95% of them  ended up being thrown on the pitch at half time. By the end we had reduced ourselves to singing 'we want one'. I was one of a small percentage who stuck it out to the final whistle. Not made any better by having to sit next to a Swindon fan at work the following day, who had won that evening.

4. Going 1 down vs the sags at AG, December 2000, luckily that moment didn't last and we turned it around.

5. My first ever trip to AG, aged 8. Was taken for indoctrination by my Dad, Uncle and Granddad to watch City vs Milwall, April 1991. We were 1-0 up at at half time, then lost 1-4, thanks to a Sherringham hat-rick. I wondered exactly what I was being brought into.

man alive, that Millwall game was my first City heartbreak. Sheringham tore us a new one, but the mad thing was the chances we had we could easily have still won! effectively that match knocked us out of the play-off bracket. evil atmosphere with what felt like thousands in the park after! 

1 minute ago, The Red Planet said:

I second that - I mean the humiliation at home by Cardiff. It was an evening game - perhaps four years ago? . A freezing February night with sleet driving horizontally into the Dolman stand. 

And i remember the Cardiff striker (whose name I have forgotten) taunting us home fans with V signs after scoring. I think he scored twice that night. 

We stayed to the very end (God knows why) but by then there were about 500 of us left. 

A bit more than four I think, more like six or seven.

The player would probably have been Michael Chopra or maybe Ross McCormick - I can remember the little fat git grinning up at the Atyeo after scoring to this day.

I stayed till the end too!

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

A bit more than four I think, more like six or seven.

The player would probably have been Michael Chopra or maybe Ross McCormick - I can remember the little fat git grinning up at the Atyeo after scoring to this day.

I stayed till the end too!

It was Chopra - arrogant twit - especially that night

Archived