IGNORED

Worst single moment watching City

Aizoon

On 12/29/2017 at 17:51, Jan Window said:

I've been following City since my 7yr old started supporting in the summer.  TBH, dunno what you lot are moaning about.  Our three games: Derby, Forest, Manchester all seemed to go pretty well.

Give it time Jan, just give it time!

**** this is a depressing thread :crying:. Loads of moments I had forgotten about, thanks everyone. 

Losing 4 nil to Watford in our first game back in championship wasn't great. Brighton in final was horrendous but luckily  (now) I couldn't go as was on a stag do so had to settle to watching it in the pub.

Hull match was just really really horrible tho. Yeah we had punched above our weight that season but Hull ffs. And that **** Windass too. The team didn't really recover either for a few years did they. 

I remember Steve Coppells first league game in charge. Only time I've been full of confidence on an absolute victory. Up against newly promoted Milwall, and we lost 0-3 at home. We were so awful, my blood was boiling so much I almost caused a heart attack, and that is no joke. 

3 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

How can that possibly be worse than Rovers hammering us at Twerton taking the title from us and then Holloway mocking us all round Kingswood on an open top bus! Horrible memories. 

This! 

Nothing comes close to that night in Bath. I must have been one of the last Cityfans to leave, I was in a daze frozen to the spot, despite it being a balmy warm evening. Blue and white all around me, euphoric.

I kept thinking, in the future when things have turned around, I’ll always remember this moment and enjoy the good times even more. I did get some closure when they dropped out of the league but it still hurts even though I’m now not really bothered what they’re up to. 

Relegation from the top flight for me.

A numbing experience.

Once the trap door opened every result went against us and the subsequent ever increasing spiral down through the leagues drained the football life out of me.

After playing at Anfield & Old Trafford we were faced with Spotland & Gigg Lane and getting beaten.

The Brighton play off final was another chastening experience,  just dreadful.

I remember afterwards queuing up for the train with just a barrier seperating the happy winners from the dejected losers. I remember thinking that's how close you are to winning and (unfortunately) losing.

Surreal . . .

45 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

This! 

Nothing comes close to that night in Bath. I must have been one of the last Cityfans to leave, I was in a daze frozen to the spot, despite it being a balmy warm evening. Blue and white all around me, euphoric.

I kept thinking, in the future when things have turned around, I’ll always remember this moment and enjoy the good times even more. I did get some closure when they dropped out of the league but it still hurts even though I’m now not really bothered what they’re up to. 

This. Oh so much this more than any other.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

I remember Steve Coppells first league game in charge. Only time I've been full of confidence on an absolute victory. Up against newly promoted Milwall, and we lost 0-3 at home. We were so awful, my blood was boiling so much I almost caused a heart attack, and that is no joke. 

I actually had a heart attack the morning after our pitiful capitulation to Leicester in our last game under Mcinnes. 

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

That was David James' first game wasn't it? England's number one. Anger going round AG was unbelievable, hardly surprised when someone put a brick through the Millwall coach window.

On 29/12/2017 at 08:53, BTRFTG said:

Oakwell, New Year's Day 1991.

If you were there and hypothermia or drowning didn't take you you'll know why.

Just re-read this thread, and seen this. Me and @Mad Cyril were there that day. Truly depressing day out. And The Yorkshireman pub proved to be less than away-friendly.

the 0-6 home defeat to Cardiff made worse by Chopra scoring and winding up the home fans by OTT celebrations. 

It was the most inept and truly shocking performance from City who were an utter shambles against one of our nearest rivals.

Talk about depressing..............:facepalm:

22 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Imagine if you`d had to watch it sat next to your Millwall - supporting brother in law followed by a two hour drive back home with him in the passenger seat. And then having to spend the rest of the evening with him at a wedding reception.

I think he only mentioned it about two or three hundred times in eight hours.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Imagine if you`d had to watch it sat next to your Millwall - supporting brother in law followed by a two hour drive back home with him in the passenger seat. And then having to spend the rest of the evening with him at a wedding reception.

I think he only mentioned it about two or three hundred times in eight hours.

I'm so sorry. That would of topped me off for sure.

On 26/01/2018 at 19:27, Mr Popodopolous said:

Missed this thread!

A tossup between the 2-4 loss at home to Chesterfield when we went 4-1 down...well actually I say that but the crowd rallied and it got really quite noisy those who remained,on 19th November 2005.

I guess the worst moment of all was the 9th loss on the spin under GJ v Bradford which definitely DID see us going bottom of League One, that was the evening of 6th December 2005. We either went bottom or stayed bottom, fairly sure of it...but we were rock bottom after 20 games of League One yes!

I am 95% sure it was this game that windass gave the going down thumbs down on the way back to the tunnel.

I had a hatred for him from that moment. Let's just say he had the last laugh!!

Archived