IGNORED

Favourite Wolves memories

poland_exile

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 21:39, poland_exile said:

lively times outside the Hen & Chicken after i think as well! Despite positive memories largely lacking, always loved our matches against them - hat's off, their away following is outstanding and always lends a cup-style atmosphere! 

Many many years ago when I was a child in the summer holidays on a Sunday there used to be a bus that went to Weymouth, it was the highlight of the year.

For Wolves fans, coming to Bristol must be a simular experience.

On 27/12/2017 at 21:42, Spoons said:

Vilmos sebok passing back to Steve Phillips ball then going in back of the net . Am I dreaming that? 

Nope, Phillips never seemed to want to take a touch and he tried to welly it as the ball came towards him, which then bounced over his foot running into the net.

JUST TAKE A TOUCH! :grr:

On 27/12/2017 at 21:42, Spoons said:

Vilmos sebok passing back to Steve Phillips ball then going in back of the net . Am I dreaming that? 

Was that after Benny had taken over and Ward had gone, but had joined the Wolves coaching staff? If I remember correctly both Ward and Benny were on the pitch pre-match and their body language was a sight. They gave each other a deliberately wide berth and when Ward came over to clap the City fans (the first time he would have seen us since his departure), Benny retreated in the opposite direction, giving each other the evil eye.

First trip to Molineux too and started my absolute dislike for Wolves, on a par with Gas and Cardiff. Horrible place and fans always on the complete wind up.

On 28/12/2017 at 00:45, Swede said:

The 6.1 hammering at home.

After one of the hammerings I heard some wag say "If Mark Shail was in a marching band he would be on the piano!"

I don't think his performance that day will live long in the memory!

- and yet you still remember it! It’s funny how the bad lives in the memory as much as the good - sometimes even more so!

On 27/12/2017 at 21:06, andy114 said:

My first memory of City v Wolves was in the 60s ,probably 1965ish in Div 2 .

City had just been promoted from Div 3 and Wolves had been relegated from Div 1.

It was around Christmas time and there were about 36000 crammed into AG.

I think City lost 1-0.

28/12/65 My first match - the 'floodlight fuxture'. Reason I continue to follow City to this day.

Archived