IGNORED

Ashton Gate to Temple Meads

WolfInPeace

Hello all,

Wolves fan here, looking forward to what should be a great game Saturday! Really would not be surprised to see you boys beat us! Hopefully not though! :whistle:

Anyway mods if this needs to be moved to another area of the forum go ahead, just had a quick question!

On my previous 3 visits to Ashton Gate, me and my pals have ended up walking back to Temple Meads. Tried to jump in a cab after the game back in the Spring but moved about an inch in 10 mins. I’ve been told that Parsons Street Station is the best bet, but how far is it from AG? Says 15 mins on a couple of sites, however that seems quite long! The last train leaving there for TM is 7:35pm (20mins after the final whistle) so may be a bit of a squeeze! 

Last Train back to Chelt Spa from Bristol TM is at 8:43pm, so is it worth taking a punt on Parsons Green or just making the 45 mins walk.

apologies for the long thread!

temple meads must be the worst placed large station in the country. Bus links are pretty pathetic. Basically you have to go to broadmead on the 8 or 9 bus to go anywhere else in town. When you get to the big St Barton's James roundabout known as the bear pit. Go to primark (big 30s building- cant miss it) catch the 24 which goes to the ground. If you get a day rider £4.50 that takes care of both journeys and the return. I'd get a taxi 

4 minutes ago, New2City said:

I missed the train back to London once after a Tuesday night game. Had to spend the night waiting for the 5am train the following morning. Every nearby hotel was booked.

Missed one back from London once, slept on the platform in my parka. Best nights sleep I've ever had.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Parsons Green is the best bet imo mate, depends how fast you can walk!

Parsons Green is a Tube station in London. Good luck trying to walk to that mate from AG :laugh:

1 hour ago, WolfInPeace said:

On my previous 3 visits to Ashton Gate, me and my pals have ended up walking back to Temple Meads. Tried to jump in a cab after the game back in the Spring but moved about an inch in 10 mins. I’ve been told that Parsons Street Station is the best bet, but how far is it from AG? Says 15 mins on a couple of sites, however that seems quite long! The last train leaving there for TM is 7:35pm (20mins after the final whistle) so may be a bit of a squeeze!

Parson Street is the closest station to the Gate at the moment. Its roughly 1.27km from the ground so I guess it does depend on how fast you can walk it.

pstreetdist.png

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Parsons Green is a Tube station in London. Good luck trying to walk to that mate from AG :laugh:

Where the **** did that come from then! I've been to Parson Street every matchday for more years than I can count!

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

In fairness the OP did mention Parsons Green in his post so possibly that got stuck in your mind??

That's probably it, really freaked myself out there mind, bit of early onset dementia

8 hours ago, WolfInPeace said:

Hello all,

Wolves fan here, looking forward to what should be a great game Saturday! Really would not be surprised to see you boys beat us! Hopefully not though! :whistle:

Anyway mods if this needs to be moved to another area of the forum go ahead, just had a quick question!

Last Train back to Chelt Spa from Bristol TM is at 8:43pm, so is it worth taking a punt on Parsons Green or just making the 45 mins walk.

You're honestly better off walking.

The likelihood is that you won't make Parson Street for 7:35 as the game likely won't finish until at least 7:20 or gone.  Then factor in getting out of the stadium as well and I'd say you've got two hopes of making it....I'll let you figure out which two!  Temple Meads is about 35 mins walk from the Stadium and would be your best bet.  It's quite an easy walk to be honest so I'd take that option. 

Of course, you may have had enough by 7 anyway! :whistle:

Yes out of temple meads over the main road at the bottom and go left, just follow the river all the way (going to the left of the river is easiest when you reach the road crossing / junction further down) I've done it a few times taken 40 mins it's a decent trek but I think quite easy and straight  if you know the way. 

14 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Yes out of temple meads over the main road at the bottom and go left, just follow the river all the way (going to the left of the river is easiest when you reach the road crossing / junction further down) I've done it a few times taken 40 mins it's a decent trek but I think quite easy and straight  if you know the way. 

If you pass a big ASDA, chances are you are going the right way ;-)

Walk to TM every time.

If you know the most direct route ( use your smartphone) it's 25 mins at a brisk pace, else budget 40 if less mobile. Hopefully you'll be strolling at snails pace having suffered a temporary blip on your route to The Premier.

13 hours ago, WolfInPeace said:

Hello all,

I’d walk back to TM mate, just follow the river rather than back through North / East Street

Not sure it’s a 45 minute walk though,  probably a little less I’d say

4 hours ago, WolfInPeace said:

Thanks for the info guys! I think we will just start walking towards Temple Meads, should still make our train with time to spare that way, and if we manage to spot a cab on the way back it’s a bonus. If I remember right it’s just a long walk down by the river so easy enough.

You could always grab a couple of Yo Bikes.

https://yobike.co.uk

A quid a time, just need to download the app and register.

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

I’d walk back to TM mate, just follow the river rather than back through North / East Street

Not sure it’s a 45 minute walk though,  probably a little less I’d say

Just listening to Radmac on 6music and they just played your username mate. Spooky or what?

Cracking tune, haven`t heard it in years!

9 minutes ago, New2City said:

Temple Meads closes at midnight, so there was no sleeping on the platform there! I'm just glad the weather was warm (to me, I'm an Alaskan).

Guess everythings warm to you then! Holidays to Scotland slathering factor -15 sun cream on.

I'd yo bike it. There'll be plenty around TM station. Just ride straight down the cycle lane on Clarence Road, continue onto coronation Road then dump them somewhere semi-secret, close to the ground where you can remember. It'll only take ten minutes. 

Watch match. 

After match collect bikes (if not there then there should be quite a few others on North Street anyway). 

Ride to parsons Street Station and get train of all have time. If haven't  ride back to TM. 

Archived