IGNORED

Mr Ashton

Redstoke

3 hours ago, Redstoke said:

What has happened to Mr Ashton? Hope he is alive and well. He hasnt  been required in the Dolman stand for quite some time now and i am concerned for his wellbeing.

If this was a serious thread. . .

A) They had to change the name used when Mark Ashton arrived, just in case he went running down to wherever from the Lansdown ;) 

B) Most of the urgent communication is now done via in ear headphones and so messages get passed on that way, and whoever needs to be alerted gets requested that way. 

9 hours ago, Redstoke said:

What has happened to Mr Ashton? Hope he is alive and well. He hasnt  been required in the Dolman stand for quite some time now and i am concerned for his wellbeing.

I just assumed that I missed any calls for "Mr Ashton" as the PA system can be shocking in the lower Lansdown.

16 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

I just assumed that I missed any calls for "Mr Ashton" as the PA system can be shocking in the lower Lansdown.

The PA system on Dolman is shocking as well but I've never seen Mark Ashton in there which is probably why it's still crap after all this time.

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Coincidental  names at The Gate...

We've got a Mr Ashton .... (Ashton Gate)

A  Mr Parson .... (Parson St)

A couple of Mr Lansdowns .... (coincidence,  we have a stand of the same name) :ermm:

A Mrs Dolman ... (again, we've got a Dolman stand too)  :thumbsup:

Who else have we got with coincidental local name connections?  

There's John Ashtonroad - Publicconvienience. He works with the groundstaff, something to do with fertiliser I think.

9 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Ray ? Not a clue.

I do know who “Mr. Brown” is mind as he goes off to town on the 8.21!

He was the guy who gave the orders for the fans to go on the pitch but I don't know who he is, never met him. Must be someone down the pub i suspect. 

13 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Coincidental  names at The Gate...

We've got a Mr Ashton .... (Ashton Gate)

A  Mr Parson .... (Parson St)

A couple of Mr Lansdowns .... (coincidence,  we have a stand of the same name) :ermm:

A Mrs Dolman ... (again, we've got a Dolman stand too)  :thumbsup:

Who else have we got with coincidental local name connections?  

A few fans born out of wedlock had a stand named after them, there are a few dozen Mr Williams and I dont know whether any descendants of John Atyeo ever attend.

There was a Mr West named after the west stand who apparently had links with the sags :)

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:02, Robbored said:

The PA system on Dolman is shocking as well but I've never seen Mark Ashton in there which is probably why it's still crap after all this time.

Probably because when he's over in the Dolman you're drinking in the bar!

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A few fans born out of wedlock had a stand named after them, there are a few dozen Mr Williams and I dont know whether any descendants of John Atyeo ever attend.

There was a Mr West named after the west stand who apparently had links with the sags :)

And there was me thinking it used to be a pub.

Never knew it had a maternity ward as well 

On 28/12/2017 at 04:19, Dollymarie said:

If this was a serious thread. . .

A) They had to change the name used when Mark Ashton arrived, just in case he went running down to wherever from the Lansdown ;) 

B) Most of the urgent communication is now done via in ear headphones and so messages get passed on that way, and whoever needs to be alerted gets requested that way. 

I'd love to have sat in on that meeting.

"Right, next item raised by Mr Ashton.  We can no longer call for Mr Ashton as we now have a Mr Ashton.  Any other names we can suggest?

Jon, you have a suggestion?  

"Yes, yes, what about Beth Minster?  Beth Minster to the Dolman Stand please.  Or Cliff Tunn.  Mr Cliff Tunn is needed in the  Lansdown Stand"

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Who is Greville Smyth and where does he park?

Archived