IGNORED

Team for Wolves if Baker and Pato out

barneyrubble

7 minutes ago, Barney red said:

If these two are out how are we going to swap  around our remaining players.Heres one idea.

Fielding

Kelly    Wright  Flint  Maggers

Taylor  Smith Pack  Bryan

Brownhill  Reid

Subs anyone whose fit or half fit !

You've clearly been drinking the Xmas left overs !!

15 minutes ago, Barney red said:

If these two are out how are we going to swap  around our remaining players.Heres one idea.

Fielding

Brownhill  Reid

Taylor on the right wing?!

Then again, we all thought the same when Bobby was first put up front...

33 minutes ago, Touch_my_butter said:

Think we'll get:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Magnússon Bryan/Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith  Bryan/Eliasson

Reid   Woodrow

Me too, with Eliasson in so that Bryan can give us our strongest available defence.

1 hour ago, Touch_my_butter said:

Think we'll get:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Magnússon Bryan/Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith  Bryan/Eliasson

Reid   Woodrow

Funny thing is that realistically, other than Taylor, Leko or Vyner we don’t really have any other players with first team experience this season available (I guess Bakinson at a stretch, but it is a stretch).

Only change to the above I see might be Taylor starting for Woodrow, but otherwise I’d take the Eliasson version of that line up.

Really hope both Baker and Pato are available, as otherwise we are paper-thin squad-wise.  Might need Jamie Mac to lace up his boots, just in case!

2 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Euan   what formation is this  ?  8 goalies and 3 upfront (or in midfield and play for a draw). 

As suggested we could give Leko a free role   -  back to WBA.

Have we ever been so low on available players, absolute respect to Lee for getting us where we are with what we,ve got.

You missed his subtle use of semi-colons. 41221

From the bits and pieces I’ve seen of Wolves they are a threat all over the pitch, but love getting behind the full-backs.  Would be a tough one for Kelly, but if you move Bryan back, you have Eliasson or Leko in front of him.  Tough call.  Think i’m Just swayed by Kelly, therefore moving Magnússon alongside Flint.

Of course you could keep Magnússon at LB and move Wright to CB and bring Vyner in...who’s had more experience than Kelly.

Think i’ll Let Johnson make this call. :P

FF
     Wright : Flint : Mags : Bryan
Brownhill : Pack : Smith : Eliasson
                        Reid
                      Taylor

Johnson has a surprise in him, but don't think this will be too far away, specially as we have so few options.

Somewhere in England

”It was a Sunday morning. At the 11th Group headquarters, located on the western fringe of London, Churchill descended some fifty feet into the bunker containing the group’s operations room and watched Air Vice Marshal Keith Park, commander of the fighter group, pace the room and issue orders, sending squadrons into combat.

A giant display board, the width of the room, covered one wall, keeping track of each of the Fighter Group’s twenty-five squadrons. A series of lights recorded the state of each unit — those on standby, those aloft, those that had sighted the enemy, and finally, at the top, red lights for those “Engaged” — that is, in action.

Light after light turned red. Soon Park had thrown all his assigned aircraft into the fight. This meant that soon all the squadrons would start landing to refuel. That would be a moment of great concern, because of the risk of the aircraft bunched on the ground being hit by German planes, which could cause intolerable losses. Park contacted his commander to request that he be allowed to use the three squadrons still in reserve. Close to two hundred German warplanes were in the air over southeastern England.

Churchill, unable to contain himself any longer, asked Park, “How many more have you got?”

None, Park replied — “I am putting in my last. That’s every last one.” 

4 hours ago, Barney red said:

Fielding

Brownhill  Reid

Better not eh-they will murder that side.

An alternative, which I don't think LJ will use but could be worth considering is 3 5 2  as below to get our most experienced players on the pitch (apologies for weird formatting)

Fielding

Wright  Flint  Magnússon

Brownhill                          Bryan

Smith Pack

Reid

Taylor   Woodrow

I know we've previously worked on a 3-5-2 in the past and its made brief appearances in games. Could that fit?

With;

Fielding (GK)

Back 3 of Wright - Flint - Magnússon

Brownhill and Joe in the wing back roles with Korey, Marlon in the CM spots with Bobby playing more in a 10 (the Freeman role)

Then Woodrow - Taylor in the 2 up top.

Alternatively 

Fielding

Smith - Flint - Wright - Magnússon

Eliasson - Pack - Brownhill - Bryan

Reid - Woodrow 

It would be a choice of Woodrow//Taylor but after a good impact as a sub fell Woodrow may get the nod as he also offers more of the outlet for direct and hold up play that Taylor.

4 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Euan   what formation is this  ?  8 goalies and 3 upfront (or in midfield and play for a draw). 

As suggested we could give Leko a free role   -  back to WBA.

Have we ever been so low on available players, absolute respect to Lee for getting us where we are with what we,ve got.

4-1-2-2-1, could easily be 4-3-2-1 or even 4-3-3 if needed

Their midfield is so good for this level, we may need to set out like the away team to counter. I would go 4-5-1:

Fielding

Wright Flint Mags Kelly

Eliasson Brownhill Pack Smith Bryan

Reid

Nick one on the counter but keep bodies in midfield to stop the likes of Neves from dominating the game. Will be a tough ask either way. Gives us a chance to keep Leko, Taylor, Woodrow on the bench should we want to change formation.

Archived