IGNORED

Gustav Engval

ronsco

1 minute ago, spudski said:

As regards speaking English...didn't LJ say recently that he's learning French? Maybe a few more Frenchie's coming our way? Or purely for Diediou's sake?

I'd like to know where you heard that, but if LJ feel that it'll help Diedhiou link up with the team better then I'm all for it

Just now, spudski said:

As regards speaking English...didn't LJ say recently that he's learning French? Maybe a few more Frenchie's coming our way? Or purely for Diediou's sake?

I think when it was first mentioned LJ said it was to help Diedhiou, but then again that may have just been for the media.

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

French is the world's second most accessible language after English so still a very useful one. Obviously there are many that are used by more people but those languages (such as Mandarin) are restricted to only a few nations. It gives LJ more of an ability to entice French and many African players here

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

French is the world's second most accessible language after English so still a very useful one. Obviously there are many that are used by more people but those languages (such as Mandarin) are restricted to only a few nations. It gives LJ more of an ability to entice French and many African players here

I can see LJ in training...In full French accent.

Good moaning...

Squad...Listen very carefully... I shall say this only once.

[to the tune of the Hokey Pokey] You put your right boot in, you take your right boot out, you do a lot of shouting and you shake your fists about. You light a little smokie and you burn down ze town, zat's vot it's all about. Oh....Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff...

Off scuttle Von Hegeler and Von Lucic...much to the French resistance ( Dediou's ) amusement ;-) Poor ol' Pisano in a total state of confusion not knowing what to do. Gustav, Elliason and Magners deciding to keep well in with ze Germans and any offspring sent to form Abba2.

Still on the sherry...me politically correct...never :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Should have gone for Spanish and start getting all those S.Americans coming over to our lovely warm climate.

22 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Lo siento pero hay muchas más hablantes de español que francés en el mundo.

24 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Not strictly true any more. French comes 9th with Portuguese now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Mandarin, Hindustani, Arabic, Malay, and Bengali are hardly worth learning if you're learning a language for football purposes while based in the UK. The only one you'd have a decent argument for is Spanish, and the the standard of Russian football isn't amazing (plus work permit issues). Those Portuguese figures are also inflated by the population of Brazil too, we are hardly likely to be able to recruit many South Americans for work permit reasons. French players and naturalised French african players however.... Plus we clearly have feelers out there with Kodjia and Diedhiou coming here.

40 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not assessing it by the number of speakers. I took a course this term which ranks the accessibility by various factors including the amount of countries that have adopted it and the aptitude of the language teaching in each nation. This means that while languages such as Urdu and Mandarin have huge amounts of speakers, they are regionally restricted. The old (for want of a better word) colonial nations still have the most effective and widely spread languages. English is ahead by far, followed by French, and then Spanish.

8 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I reckon he'll be sent on loan at the end of January to a League one side. I could see someone like Fleetwood or Plymouth. 

seems pointless, we put Tammy straight in against Championship teams, We put Diddhiou straight in against Championship teams, whilst they both struggle at first they adapted and quickly started to have good seasons. If we want to know if to keep Engvall stick him in the side, and see what he can do - drop Woodrow (he's not even our player) and see if this 21 year old has anything in him.

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

seems pointless, we put Tammy straight in against Championship teams, We put Diddhiou straight in against Championship teams, whilst they both struggle at first they adapted and quickly started to have good seasons. If we want to know if to keep Engvall stick him in the side, and see what he can do - drop Woodrow (he's not even our player) and see if this 21 year old has anything in him.

I think he'll start against Watford. He was injured for most of last season and he didn't show enough at start of this season. His recent loan has been poor, I can see him getting game time against Watford and maybe 5 or 10 mins in a couple of other games but unless he shows something I think this time he'll be moved on in this country so we can assess him properly.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

But we have a few agreed for Woodrow should he make the right impression.  No, agreed not ours, but one we thought in August we’d like to be ours.

In my opinion, Woodrow is an upgrade on Taylor and Engvall (who I think has ability if we can channel what seems to be a weaker emotional side).  Needs games, a run, but whether he gets one us another story.  Really hope he starts v Wolves.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Tammy "struggled at first"? Must have missed that then..

I really don't get the 'hate' for GE on here from some posters!

He's practically a big kid, who has bought the love of his life to UK with him.

Shes enrolled in Uni here I believe, he had declined a UK loan as he believed it would be beneficial to keep playing in Sweden, where he scored a reasonable amount of goals.

Why would a young man do this if he was 'lazy and disinterested' as implied by Tommy?

He's growing up mentally and physically, and I for one hope that he gets a few games and scores a shitload of goals.

The lad has talent, and as we saw with Maggs, when the confidence grows, so does the player.

Give him a run, let him show us what he can do, and then decide wether a loan or a transfer is the best for both parties - I hope it's neither.

I really hope GE succeeds with CITY, and the effort he has made to move to a different country with his partner works out well for him with us.

Give the guy a chance!!!

Archived