IGNORED

Another "Manchester" Game

Tomo

Some sensible comments. Always had a soft sot for (blue) Manchester , mainly because they wer'nt the other lot, but since their lottery win and on field success they have started to sound like another Utd...... All Billy big spuds.
Seems like Prem teams are so used to getting everything on a plate, they start to expect it.

God, that thread really makes me want to turn them over even more. 

I know they've got some amazing players but their arrogance is quite something. What a bunch of entitled shits.

Unfortunately our threadbare squad may have run itself into the ground by then but hopefully we can give them a game. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Quote: “same rubbish end as last time with next to no facilities with an outside entrance and a stand you enter from the front, unless they have forked out to improve it.”

So when was the last time they visited Ashton Gate, I vaguely remember a cup game, otherwise the old league one?

Twas a cup game 10 years or so ago.  We never played them in League One - we were promoted to the Championship as they were relegated.  Then vice versa when they beat Gillingham in the Play Off Final.

On 28/12/2017 at 09:54, RedSA said:

God, that thread really makes me want to turn them over even more. 

I know they've got some amazing players but their arrogance is quite something. What a bunch of entitled shits.

Unfortunately our threadbare squad may have run itself into the ground by then but hopefully we can give them a game. 

A few decent posters on there but a lot of them have very short memories...either that, or they have only been Man City supporters since they found money

Realistically...we dont have a chance in this game. We are up against one of the best teams in the world. Their fans giving it the big one towards us is like Anthony Joshua slapping around Amir Khan and bragging about it. 

Chances are the tie will be over after the first leg....so what! We will enjoy the moment and the two nights either way.

Besides....they should be kissing our asses. Forget Aguero....we gave them the best striker in their history

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

Twas a cup game 10 years or so ago.  We never played them in League One - we were promoted to the Championship as they were relegated.  Then vice versa when they beat Gillingham in the Play Off Final.

When I referred to League One, as is Premier League now, in the 1970’s! :P

On 12/28/2017 at 09:53, 1960maaan said:

Some sensible comments. Always had a soft sot for (blue) Manchester , mainly because they wer'nt the other lot, but since their lottery win and on field success they have started to sound like another Utd...... All Billy big spuds.
Seems like Prem teams are so used to getting everything on a plate, they start to expect it.

Same here, always preffered the Blues to United and right now, with the exception of maybe PSG (and Real on a good day) they are the best club in Europe for me.

That said their forum is a real mixture. Some sensible posters who understand the League Cup allocation rules, and also the grandeur of the event for a club like us and how we are building for the long term by enticing supporters etc.

Then you get the melons with comments about our shocking stadium, moaning they haven't been given enough tickets (same club who fail to sell out any Champions League home fixtures). I would expect these sort of comments from United supporters.

3 hours ago, SARJ said:

Same here, always preffered the Blues to United and right now, with the exception of maybe PSG (and Real on a good day) they are the best club in Europe for me.

That said their forum is a real mixture. Some sensible posters who understand the League Cup allocation rules, and also the grandeur of the event for a club like us and how we are building for the long term by enticing supporters etc.

Then you get the melons with comments about our shocking stadium, moaning they haven't been given enough tickets (same club who fail to sell out any Champions League home fixtures). I would expect these sort of comments from United supporters.

Absolutely, kind of hope that any that have followed them up and down the Leagues would be sensible. Sort of understand the bull from 'new' fans and tourists.

On 28/12/2017 at 09:59, Red Army 75 said:

Some decent comments and perspective. But also some out of touch comments . Probably fans that never watched them at Maine road . And sit there with phones out taking pictures when they’ve got a corner. **** um . They all want to come to Ashton Gate. But will they sell out at home. 

Same as otib then!

3 hours ago, SARJ said:

To be fair they were probably Utd supporters until City started winning things and Utd didn’t!

Haha they really are a cocky little bunch arnt they! Mental what a bit of money does for you ay.. only feels like yesterday that they had a past it Seaman in goal and an even more past it Robbie Fowler upfront for them the *******... Hope we ******* give it a right good go up there :chant6ez:

4 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Quote: “same rubbish end as last time with next to no facilities with an outside entrance and a stand you enter from the front, unless they have forked out to improve it.”

So when was the last time they visited Ashton Gate, I vaguely remember a cup game, otherwise the old league one?

Think it was in the league cup. If i remember rightly Stuart Pearce was in charge. Remember it being a small crowd as the club overestimated the local interest and hiked up the ticket prices. They would have been put in the old east end.

2 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

Think it was in the league cup. If i remember rightly Stuart Pearce was in charge. Remember it being a small crowd as the club overestimated the local interest and hiked up the ticket prices. They would have been put in the old east end.

07-08 under Sven they were,  14.5k not too bad but not amazing. About average.

On 28/12/2017 at 09:40, tomo said:

As Usual - most of the Blue Half Of Manchester are tagging us as 'Bristol' rather than our real name Bristol City.

Bring on Manchester!  

Never have, and never will, understand why people get upset when we're referred to as "Bristol". In my mind, just served to reinforce the utter irrelevance of the blue few.

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As the brill huge banner at Selhurst Park pronounced when the Eagles played Man City - “You got the money, we got the soul”

They've got cheerleaders and that nauseous "we follow" song.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

They've got cheerleaders and that nauseous "we follow" song.

Yep they’ve got cheerleaders......and you’re the geezer who called Reading fans ‘plastic’ and then ignored posts asking why they are ‘plastic’ - they support their local club....nothing plastic about that??! Anyway, you seem to use cheerleaders as a criticism of Palace.....here they are:

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep they’ve got cheerleaders......

Probably an unpopular opinion after that video but keep that as far away from football as possible imo. Ik we had cheerleaders in some weird spell years back, far too ******* American for my likings. Tell you what though, if they came out at half time it wouldn't half stop people from leaving early to get a pint :blink:

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Probably an unpopular opinion after that video but keep that as far away from football as possible imo. Ik we had cheerleaders in some weird spell years back, far too ******* American for my likings. Tell you what though, if they came out at half time it wouldn't half stop people from leaving early to get a pint :blink:

I remember the cheerleaders- the "Ashton Angels" or some such nonsense.

Nobody really paid themmuch attention from what I recall. :laugh: 

6 hours ago, cityboy said:

Never have, and never will, understand why people get upset when we're referred to as "Bristol". In my mind, just served to reinforce the utter irrelevance of the blue few.

I think the reason perhaps, is that it seems to apply to only us.

You don't hear other fans talk about "Manchester" (except on here of course !), "Sheffield", or indeed "Nottingham".

Archived