IGNORED

Full Time SLO appointed (Merged)

CyderInACan

9 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Thanks for the welcome messages and the emails that have come into my inbox. It is fair to say the "to do" list has just got bigger!

Just to clarify that I will start up in SC&T bar on Saturday, but will make sure I'm moving around the Sports Bar and concourses too before kick off, so if you see me make sure you come and say hello. 

If i miss you on Saturday I will be at Villa Park on New Year's Day. 

Matt 

And this is why you need and inflatable hat with ' I'm the new SLO printed on it'.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Fiale image.png

@JulieH is the Police liaison officer

Julie is the actual Police liaison officer (uniform and all), below are a few things the SLO job description entails.

An SLO is an appointee of the club who is responsible for building bridges between the club and its fans. SLOs might communicate fans’ opinions to a club’s board or senior staff members and should also liaise with stewards, police and counterparts at opposition clubs.

In fact, to do the job properly an SLO needs to work with more than just the club and fans’ groups. Police, stewards, fanzines and fansites, even the relevant leagues and national associations, must buy into the role. A good SLO will understand the unique dynamics that exist at his or her club.

That could be anything from advice for fans, to public appeals, to gathering incident accounts, to acting as an intermediary between supporters and clubs, the police or other non-governmental bodies

Safety staff and police - SLOs should debrief with safety and security staff after matchdays to identify problems/trends and give fans’ feedback

36 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I've had a couple of good chats with Matt and I've been very impressed. A real City fan with a wealth of experience at one of the world's biggest clubs. An excellent appointment. I'll give him about 5 years before he goes completely mad:shifty:

World's biggest club....

I see Arsenal on his C.V but no mention of the fewers.

I assume the Barcelona of League 2 is the pinnacle of achievement, so I'm not sure why he isn't celebrating this.

45 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Thanks for the welcome messages and the emails that have come into my inbox. It is fair to say the "to do" list has just got bigger!

Just to clarify that I will start up in SC&T bar on Saturday, but will make sure I'm moving around the Sports Bar and concourses too before kick off, so if you see me make sure you come and say hello. 

Matt 

Welcome Matt.

Hope you have thick skin and a tin hat to deal with any pelters on here.

Tbf, most of us take the Mick a bit but are respectful of Adam and Mark. All we want is someone to literally listen to us and feed our thoughts to the upper echelons at City. Youll be bombarded from day dot but please just keep us in the loop, even if it's a "no news yet, will let you know". Then we will be happy.

Best of luck lad.

49 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt 

Welcome Matt

IMO you now have a great job and an amazing opportunity. 

As was made clear in the Club’s announcement you can also be contacted via Twitter or email at: matt.parsons@bcfc.co.uk

Wishing you success.

2 hours ago, Dave L said:

I've had a couple of good chats with Matt and I've been very impressed. A real City fan with a wealth of experience at one of the world's biggest clubs. An excellent appointment. I'll give him about 5 years before he goes completely mad:shifty:

That long???!!!:laughcont:

Welcome @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, that BCFCSLO is a bit of a mouthful though

When I started a new job once the bit of advice was ‘you’ll soon learn the ones to watch out for’. I guess the same applies here!

• SC&T Board Members

Welcome, Matt.

Having met him a few days back, I can confirm that Matt is City through and through.

Think he'll do a good job ... as long as he is able to achieve the delicate balancing act of strongly representing fans' views to his employers, even when those views may at times not be what they want to hear.

The SC&T will be giving him every assistance in achieving that.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

That long???!!!:laughcont:

Welcome @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, that BCFCSLO is a bit of a mouthful though

When I started a new job once the bit of advice was ‘you’ll soon learn the ones to watch out for’. I guess the same applies here!

Seeing as @MattP or @CitySLO were free it’s a bit of a mouthful . . . 

Archived