IGNORED

24.5k for Wolves already

ChippenhamRed

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It's easy to get excited about a Topic bar - that subtle blend of nuts, nougat, caramel and chocolate.

Unfortunately they are not huge these days as they are much smaller than they used to be, as are most chocolate bars these days - don;t get me started on Picnic's and Wagon Wheels!

For me the real tragedy here is the fall of the illustrious gold standard of chocolatey snacks - the decline of the Starbar.

Alas, years ago the Starbar was the king of the petrol station confectionery counter, but no longer. Impostors like the fraudulent Mars bar and the frankly unfilling Toffee Crisp have taken its place. Imagine the shame of it. Once resplendent in the hearts and minds of adults and children the world over, young children in far off reaches would dream of one day sampling its nutty delights.

The rod of melting peanut butter, encased in a gorgeous caramel, rounded with a dense milk chocolate. It's enough to make the strongest of men salivate.

Yet it has been ousted, due to the greedy ******* who make it basically halving it in length. The greatest tragedy mankind has ever faced.

And its like 70p now. Bloody cheek.

5 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

If the rugby is included then currently we have a good chance of not hitting the 3 in 5 rule

It's gonna happen at some point Chesh regardless. May as well get it out the way then extend the Atyeo to make it even worse! :(

As for defunct chocolate bars, I still mourn the passing of Texan bars, as do every dentist in the country I should think!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

It's easy to get excited about a Topic bar - that subtle blend of nuts, nougat, caramel and chocolate.

Unfortunately they are not huge these days as they are much smaller than they used to be, as are most chocolate bars these days - don;t get me started on Picnic's and Wagon Wheels!

Topics have always been a lot smaller than the other bars. Which was actually a great selling point that screamed "luxury". Not such a great selling point now...As the other bars have shrunk, the topics are in danger of wasting away to nothing. Master of their own demise.

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

Surely never can compete with a curly-wurly when it comes to shrinkage 

Archived