IGNORED

Players leaving

bengalcub

Yes we need reinforcements , however who do you think may leave ? Bryan , flint , baker , pato , Reid , Smith ? 

The prem clubs must be looking and compared to most championship sides all our players were free or extremely cheap therefor £5mill plus starts to look a lot to our board but peanuts to the prem clubs ? 

I really think smith and Bryan could be off which would destroy our season completely . 

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Yes we need reinforcements , however who do you think may leave ? Bryan , flint , baker , pato , Reid , Smith ? 

The prem clubs must be looking and compared to most championship sides all our players were free or extremely cheap therefor £5mill plus starts to look a lot to our board but peanuts to the prem clubs ? 

I really think smith and Bryan could be off which would destroy our season completely . 

What makes you think that? They'd be foolish to leave now…

Possible exits;

Scott Golbourne 
Gustav Engvall (end of month if not kicked on)
Garita - Loan
Moore - Loan
Morrell - Loan
Lukic - Loan when back from injury
Bobby Reid - If no contract signed we wont risk him being on a final year next year and getting next to no money for him

Plus maybe a few more youngsters on loan. Would not be surprised to see Lloyd Kelly or Zac Vyner go out on loan, esp if we get a right back in in Vyner's case.

Any player that wants to go now (rather than the club forcing them too) is not the sort of player we want, and neither is that the sort of player I believe we have in the current squad.  They can do something really special this season and I imagine want to, if we fail to go up or a big prem team come in for them in the summer then I will only wish them well.  

I don't want to hold our players back but I'd hope they'd want to see the season through.

So a Burnley , West Brom , stoke , Everton, West Ham  come in offering prem footy 4 year deals and triple wages .....

I’m sure all of the current squad could be convinced to stay until the end of the season. I’m sure if we don’t go up it would be understandable if one or two leave for the prem.

Disagree , money talks in football not sentiment.

Very true, which is why I doubt we’ll let any first team players leave in January when we’ve got such a great chance of getting promoted and earning 100s of million from that...

My concern would be if a club from the Prem came in and talked to a player (or agent) would their "heads turn" a la the Flint situation at the start of the season? We all know Flint made the right decision (if he in fact had a decision to make) but he lost game time as a result. Can do without a repeat of that experience.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So a Burnley , West Brom , stoke , Everton, West Ham  come in offering prem footy 4 year deals and triple wages .....

Nobody will want to leave at this stage of the season, not sure any of the clubs above would be that much of an attraction, let's not underestimate what we are building at the moment

18 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Possible exits;

Scott Golbourne 
Gustav Engvall (end of month if not kicked on)
Garita - Loan
Moore - Loan
Morrell - Loan
Lukic - Loan when back from injury
Bobby Reid - If no contract signed we wont risk him being on a final year next year and getting next to no money for him

Plus maybe a few more youngsters on loan. Would not be surprised to see Lloyd Kelly or Zac Vyner go out on loan, esp if we get a right back in in Vyner's case.

Exactly this

Archived