IGNORED

BCTV ON A SMART TV?

leadman

3 minutes ago, Brizzol said:

Isn't available through a smart TV or mobile as far as I'm aware. I use a hdmi cable from the laptop to the back of the TV to watch it only the big screen though. Works fine.

and me but I bought the bastard because it would make life easier,:laugh:.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Use a chrome cast off your browser or a casting app 

I’ve found casting apps to be v. sluggish, the one reason I won’t pay for BCTV is the fact I’m limited to watch on the laptop.  I can use a streaming app like plex perfectly on the telly over Wi-fi but never found a casting one that stands up to live transmission on a telly properly.  I take it you use chrome cast?  I have a PS4, a fire stick and a semi reasonable Mac Pro laptop (no hdmi port though).

Now TV works like a dream though through the PS4.

And a Smart TV is just balls as they never update the software after a month.

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

I’ve found casting apps to be v. sluggish, the one reason I won’t pay for BCTV is the fact I’m limited to watch on the laptop.  I can use a streaming app like plex perfectly on the telly over Wi-fi but never found a casting one that stands up to live transmission on a telly properly.  I take it you use chrome cast?  I have a PS4, a fire stick and a semi reasonable Mac Pro laptop (no hdmi port though).

Now TV works like a dream though through the PS4.

And a Smart TV is just balls as they never update the software after a month.

Sorry - didn't realise you meant live broadcast - I cast the interviews and hilights to the tv just fine but don't have a subscription to the live stuff (based in the UK in BS3) 

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

The club is slowly emerging into the 21st century, it would be nice if the IT side of things could follow suit

To be fair to the club, the current numbers of streaming subscribers is probably in the hundreds at best.  I think they've done a great job for overseas supporters.

I would imagine that the club is losing money on its video/streaming output at present.

22 hours ago, Xiled said:

To be fair to the club, the current numbers of streaming subscribers is probably in the hundreds at best.  I think they've done a great job for overseas supporters.

I would imagine that the club is losing money on its video/streaming output at present.

It’s not just streaming, it’s the whole media package, which leaves a lot to be desired. 

They had a working app, but took it down and didn’t replace it.

People have offered to help with commentary but have been ignored. 

Streaming on a mobile should be very easy to establish. 

All simple things that should have been sorted 6 months ago. 

Archived