IGNORED

Respect for Bristol City

dragonreds

I spent the xmas period in Blyth (north of Newcastle ) and as I was out and about the amount of people on finding out I was a season ticket holder wanted to chat and tell me how impressed they are with my club at the period.

It was,nt just the Man Utd game it,s other games been shown on sky and the coverage we have been getting Nationwide.

just thought I would mention it

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I have friends who support Leicester and Chelsea - born and bred fans not latecomers - who are equally impressed.

They were both disappointed not to end up meeting us in the semi as they wanted to experience the atmosphere at AG.

They can sample it next season.

46 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I was chatting to a Cambodian waiter in Phnom Penh yesterday and when I said I was from Bristol he said ‘Bristol City! Beat Manchester United 2-1!’, it was a proud moment!

DaveF - I stayed at the Himawari Hotel in Phnom Penh this year. Interesting part of the world, to say the least.

You don’t see many people over 40 due to the genocide. 

47 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

My daughter, who lives in Spain has just gone up in her nephews' opinion when she told them she supported Bristol City - the three Spanish teenagers who watched the Man U game on television thought she was "coolio"

Was she singing 'gangsters paradise' at the time?

4 hours ago, DaveF said:

I was chatting to a Cambodian waiter in Phnom Penh yesterday and when I said I was from Bristol he said ‘Bristol City! Beat Manchester United 2-1!’, it was a proud moment!

Amazing in it. I keep telling me Mrs about the City and she says “ Who’s that?”

4 hours ago, DaveF said:

Amazing. 

I was trecking through the Amazon and came across a small tribe. None spoke English but I was welcomed in by Chief Lion Heart for blended insects and sheep balls. I mentioned I was from Bristol, England to which they all shouted “In by Taylor, ITS SMITHHHHHHHHHH!!! THE ROOF HAS JUST COME OFF HERE AT ASHTON GATE” was a sepcial moment followed later that night by severe diarrhoea... I suspect it was the sheep balls... 

At my age the conversations often turn to illnesses, body failings, medicines, etc, and although I am reasonably healthy and medication free I often quip that I have to take two pills a day. One because I am  Bristol City season ticket holder and the other because of the wife. Well it's down to one pill a day now and I can assure you it's not the missus that has changed.

7 hours ago, DaveF said:

I cannot walk into a bar in Manila without someone shouting "Bristol City just walked in" .. loud applause ensues. 

Its spreading.

11 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Just been chatting In a pub in Brighton while watching Cardiff LOSE. Got on to City and subject of Man Utd came up. He said when watching on tv he thought for the first half an hour it was Man Utd in red! Total respect for our team after that. 

That’s because most Brighton fans are thick as pigs hit and have only been following for 3 years.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That’s because most Brighton fans are thick as pigs hit and have only been following for 3 years.

Possibly but not my experience. Most who have endured losing the Goldstone, playing at Gillingham then at Withdean seem pretty grounded. 

Loved beating them at the Amex to stop them winning the league! 

2 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Possibly but not my experience. Most who have endured losing the Goldstone, playing at Gillingham then at Withdean seem pretty grounded. 

Loved beating them at the Amex to stop them winning the league! 

Especially as they had a bunch of "Champions" banners made up.

9 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

DaveF - I stayed at the Himawari Hotel in Phnom Penh this year. Interesting part of the world, to say the least.

You don’t see many people over 40 due to the genocide. 

It’s mad to think that at that time my parents and a lot of people on this forum were probably in the pubs of Bedminster with their mates completely oblivious to what was happening here.

It’s given me a lot of a interesting experiences including the worst diarrhoea known to man... but I’ve found a pub that’s showing the City match this evening and the missus is happy to wear a City shirt and watch it with me! 

Archived