IGNORED

Toilets fan zone

Rocking Red Cyril

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

why are there no toilets outside the stadium in the fan zone area. If we are to be given a drinking srena surely we need some where to empty our fills. as i can work out only toilets are in sports bar which when its full makes access difficult or impossible

Used to commute from London down to Brighton and the train staff put all the loo's out of order (for security...) and then when you got to the station the far end they were shut too, even though they usually charge for you to use them.  They then seem suprised that at 10pm on a Friday night people who'd spent an hour and a half on a train were happy to let their dignity go and do it in public.

It's as if the powers that be can't realise that people would actually prefer to use the toilet if given the chance.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Used to commute from London down to Brighton and the train staff put all the loo's out of order (for security...) and then when you got to the station the far end they were shut too, even though they usually charge for you to use them.  They then seem suprised that at 10pm on a Friday night people who'd spent an hour and a half on a train were happy to let their dignity go and do it in public.

It's as if the powers that be can't realise that people would actually prefer to use the toilet if given the chance.

mmmmm i feeel peeing outside in the fan zone is not really what I wanna do. why no outside loo's

• Admin

I noticed walking around the back of the South stand at the Reading game there is a giant "TOILETS" sign between the car park and the walkway that is pointing to exit doors between the far two entrances, I wonder if this is to be used to let people walk into to have a pee?

To suggest using the Sports Bar was at best a crazy idea having to trapes all the way through the bar then up the stairs and back again - literally the furthest point in the bar

But now the bar is often full and people waiting to gain entry, this REALLY does need looking at again

Perhaps one of the first things for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO to look into?

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I noticed walking around the back of the South stand at the Reading game there is a giant "TOILETS" sign between the car park and the walkway that is pointing to exit doors between the far two entrances, I wonder if this is to be used to let people walk into to have a pee?

To suggest using the Sports Bar was at best a crazy idea having to trapes all the way through the bar then up the stairs and back again - literally the furthest point in the bar

But now the bar is often full and people waiting to gain entry, this REALLY does need looking at again

They don’t even need to be full portaloos for the gents, the urinal things you use at festivals allow a quicker (and I’d imagine cheaper) throughput for us gents leading to less queues for the ladies at the full size portaloos.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The club have a mad fixation on having toilets inside the ground which is totally nuts. That area could be used for shops, pubs etc.

I think the capacity 26,088 or whatever crowd should have to reabsorb their urine back in to their body, that’s what a true fan of a forward thinking club would do!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

have messaged the Matt Parsons personage see what he comes back with

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Hi all, 

I understand the issue as I have had the same "experience" after a couple pints of Thatchers in the past. 

As you can probably expect I have been inundated with emails, tweets and phone calls since my announcement. I will add this onto the list of things to pick up with the stadium and operations team for discussion. 

I'll be around the fan zone between 4:30pm and 5pm tomorrow if anyone wants to have a chat. 

Matt 

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Skip the basketball stadium and build a convenience house with toilets etc. Use the space inside the stadium for pubs, shops etc. that can be used all year around instead of for pissing 2h per week 

By jove Swedy, you’re onto something here. Don’t just stop at putting pubs etc in the concourse, go the whole hog and build a shopping mall on the pitch. The pitch is only used for approx 90 minutes every fortnight, from August to May, which is a terrible utilisation of space 

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I understand the issue as I have had the same "experience" after a couple pints of Thatchers in the past. 

As you can probably expect I have been inundated with emails, tweets and phone calls since my announcement. I will add this onto the list of things to pick up with the stadium and operations team for discussion. 

I'll be around the fan zone between 4:30pm and 5pm tomorrow if anyone wants to have a chat. 

Matt 

I might have to piss in your pocket if nothing is sorted with the lavatory situation

22 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

By jove Swedy, you’re onto something here. Don’t just stop at putting pubs etc in the concourse, go the whole hog and build a shopping mall on the pitch. The pitch is only used for approx 90 minutes every fortnight, from August to May, which is a terrible utilisation of space 

And we could let it out for Urban Paintball sessions after the shops close.

They need to rethink the whole thing - but only way to have a true fan zone with space for toilets and to stop the bottle neck just by the Atyeo statue is to close that car park on match days - which I of course appreciate would cause new issues - maybe half of it and just have a disabled parking area only !?!

I have always assumed its so you can get a couple of pints outside and then your "persuaded" by your bladder to get inside and carry on drinking inside.

I dont know if its true but I suspect the club make less money from the stuff outside as they seem to be privately operated.

3 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Yes I know and there should be. Whats your point?

I think the point was that you called someone “scum” for urinating, when the argument being presented is that there are no toilets, so where can you expect a chap to go when he had to go? 

I wouldn’t label the individual as “scum”, perhaps more desperate. 

Archived