IGNORED

Cardiff vs Preston

Unan

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Neither side on show tonight look serious promotion contenders to me

Should give our lot real hope

Agreed. I rewatched the United game and we were unbelievable. Our neat one touch up front tends to carve out real good chances. 

Nothjng like that on display tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Malvern Red said:

Be careful what you wish for... Do you really want Preston in the playoffs if we miss out on top two?

anything that keeps us in the top two needs to be viewed as favourable - this is definitely a moment to crack open an apple flavoured drink of some kind. 

Shite game between a team trying to play football but not really having the talent, and a team merely trying.

Preston deserved the points, just.  Tomlin was poor.  Hugill on that showing isn't a player I'd sign at all, let alone for 7 figures (and I can't abide a cheat even if it is against Cardiff).

Not a surprise to see the wheels come off one dimensional Cardiff, once the fear of Warnock runs out there is nothing left.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

The wheels are coming off (although to be fair it was always a decrepid old 90s estate car with Warnock in the front seat thrashing the accelerator while the engine burned and he waved out the window shouting abuse at everyone). Less one for the AA, more one for the DVLA.

Time to fill in the SORN declaration?:whistle:

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

Derby’s record at Ipswich is pretty great, so still might leapfrog us by 530 tomorrow, but this was a top result for us.

Also motivates Wolves, mind you; they could beat us and pull clear even further, so adds serious stakes to tomorrow’s game.

Ipswich home form is very strong. Fancy they will get at least a draw out of the game. Derby looked fortunate to get the draw v Hull.

1 minute ago, WelshRobin said:

That result really helps us in the current situation, still wouldn't like to come up against PNE if we end up in the play offs together. Also makes tomorrows match a very interesting prospect.

Manchester City aside (!) I'd certainly fancy us to beat anyone over 2 legs. 

9 minutes ago, Malvern Red said:

Be careful what you wish for... Do you really want Preston in the playoffs if we miss out on top two?

The team I am most worried about this seasons is us.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don’t understand the fear or Preston. I would back us to see them off over two legs. I’d certainly take them over the likes of Derby or Villa.

Absolutely. Let's face it, Derby are a worry. Probably Villa, Leeds maybe Boro could get going. Fulham yet?   But we are defo as good as anybody and we are going into New Year flying. Appy days!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don’t understand the fear or Preston. I would back us to see them off over two legs. I’d certainly take them over the likes of Derby or Villa.

Villa in current form I'm not so sure, haven't won in 5 is it now? Great time for us to play them, no Kodjia, potentially Albert and someone else I can't remember. 

Archived