IGNORED

Cardiff vs Preston

Unan

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. The football on display tonight was absolutely nothing to worry about. I’d definitely take them in the play offs. 

Amusing how you're basing our credentials on a single game. Especially considering we've already dominated and beaten you on your own patch this season.

We weren't great tonight, but came away with the points. We're capable of far better performances. 

Don't act like you're Real Madrid, because you've recently beaten Man Utd.

The recent arrogance from Bristol City fans is really quite disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Amusing how you're basing our credentials on a single game. Especially considering we've already dominated and beaten you on your own patch this season.

We weren't great tonight, but came away with the points. We're capable of far better performances. 

In fairness I'd like to see it as confidence rather than arrogance, and it isn't because we beat Man Utd but how we've been playing this season.

4 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

We'll act how we want, we'll act how we want  We're Bristol City we'll act how we want.

I Love Football  & regards to the poor man's Joe Bryan  

9 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Alright cocker, how's Garstang these days?

8 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

You’re right. I should have said “based on what I’ve seen tonight”. 

It’s not arrogance, believe me it’s not. I’m just saying I’d rather play PNE than say a Villa or Boro or Derby who’ve found their feet. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Top result tonight. 

11 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Sorry, didn't realise it was wrong to post positive stuff about our team on our forum.

• Admin

You won fair and square that night as we were trash but dominated us? With what, your 35% possession or your equal number of shots as us? 

If we are arrogant, you are blinkered.

5 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

There is something special happening at Bristol City this season.

All season most of us have been expecting us to fall away but game after game we have carried on playing our attractive style of football and are into the 2nd half of the season in 2nd place. After many false dawns over the years we are now starting to believe this could finally be our year.

Nothing arrogant about that at all. We have just seen enough to believe we are now genuine promotion hopefuls, win 2moro and I'll firmly believe that.

Do I spot a hint of jealousy BTW? 

Funnily enough we don’t watch you every week. We weren’t great when you beat us either.

We’re the least arrogant group of fans you could meet. 

30 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Neither side on show tonight look serious promotion contenders to me

Should give our lot real hope

Agreed. Preston at least tried to win it in the last 20 minutes and got there deservedly but so many of their crosses and passes were wasted and very little intelligent running into space off the ball; I suppose we have taken that for granted at City this season. Cardiff were simply turgid.

29 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Preferred a 0-0 tbh. Preston now a point within playoffs and probably more a top 2 threat than Cardiff. The more teams drop points the better. 

I see where you are coming from but I don't think we need to worry about the lower echelons now; we need space between us and 3rd and this was the beginning of that process imo.

27 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Shite game between a team trying to play football but not really having the talent, and a team merely trying.

Preston deserved the points, just.  Tomlin was poor.  Hugill on that showing isn't a player I'd sign at all, let alone for 7 figures (and I can't abide a cheat even if it is against Cardiff).

Not a surprise to see the wheels come off one dimensional Cardiff, once the fear of Warnock runs out there is nothing left.

Agree with your remarks especially on Hugill. 

12 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Same could be said for you judging us... 

Also what Preston fan goes on a Bristol City forum just after they've beaten Cardiff...? :blink:

13 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Fair play in beating us but you say you dominated us? 

I was there and you most certainly didn’t get anywhere near dominating us (unless you’re talking about fouling?), and the stats back this up!

Like I said, congratulations on the win but If I was offered a two legged playoff semi final against Preston then I’d bite your hands off! 

B6B1FDCF-422B-4F44-876C-B02960B8C704.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Arrogance?  I think you mistake that for confidence, driven through the fans by the players.  A way of playing that suits, a never say die attitude (although not seen in the home game against you....another dull 0-1 away win), shipping out one or 2 players who were ruining the team ethic (one of whom got taken off tonight) and a manager who has his thoughts and views on how he wants to play the game and the players have taken that onboard bigtime.

As Aden Flint said when asked 'what's more important, this game (pre Man Utd) or QPR?'. he quite rightly answered 'QPR'.  That isn't arrogance, that eyes on the prize.

Fair play to your boys for grinding out a result tonight, Cardiff are a horrible team to play against, Grayson looked like a big loss but Alex Neil has taken the mantle and pushed you on.  Bet Grayson wishes he'd never left.

For the record, we're not Real Madrid, we're Bristol City.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

There is something special happening at Bristol City this season.

All season most of us have been expecting us to fall away but game after game we have carried on playing our attractive style of football and are into the 2nd half of the season in 2nd place. After many false dawns over the years we are now starting to believe this could finally be our year.

Nothing arrogant about that at all. We have just seen enough to believe we are now genuine promotion hopefuls, win 2moro and I'll firmly believe that.

Do I spot a hint of jealousy BTW? 

Jealous of what?

You're only 7pts better off than us. Having spent about £10m more. 

12 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Confidence based upon where we are and where you are after half a season plus the manner in which we and you are playing Id say the arrogance is shown by some**** expressing his views on another clubs forum personally.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

You’re right. I should have said “based on what I’ve seen tonight”. 

It’s not arrogance, believe me it’s not. I’m just saying I’d rather play PNE than say a Villa or Boro or Derby who’ve found their feet. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Top result tonight. 

From what I've seen, Derby yes but, not being impressed by the big club/famous manager thing, I wouldn't fear Villa or Boro ahead of Preston, who seem to be better organised and motivated than either.

I doubt tonight was typical of them but sometimes against Colin you have to fight fire with fire.

11 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

You may want to think twice about logging on to this forum next season then, when we'll be discussing our Premier League and European campaigns 

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Confidence based upon where we are and where you are after half a season plus the manner in which we and you are playing Id say the arrogance is shown by some**** expressing his views on another clubs forum personally.

Ooooh shite,  i never thought of that   ... we are quaking in our boots

Are you sure you're not Gas?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Jealous of what?

You're only 7pts better off than we are. Having spent about £10m more. 

You sure you ain't a Tyke? :laughcont:

Anyway, we've won 10 of our last 13 games, Madrid have a paltry 7. If we're gonna be arrogant let's compare ourselves to Manchester Blues. :yes:

Archived