IGNORED

Cardiff vs Preston

Unan

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’ll try to help you out.

We’re 2nd in the table.

You said you beat us whilst playing in 2nd gear.

Yet you’re currently 7th in the table.

So, your “2nd gear” implication is that you are capable of playing better than you did against us - so why aren’t you higher?

Hope that helps.

Mate, give up. Honestly.

5 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Stats can be misleading. As they are in this case.

Your attempts at goal were from range and easily dealt with. 

Your superior possession was due to you knocking it around at the back with no idea what to do with it.

Only one team looked like winning that night. And we did so. 

Despite only playing in 2nd gear.

I presume you’ve been playing in 2nd gear for 25 games this season then, seeing as you’re so far behind us? 

Watching Hugill tonight was like a carbon copy of the game at Ashton Gate. He spent 3/4’s of the game on his arse feigning injury and wasting time!

You’re a horrible, nightly team to play against and remind me very much of a typical Warnock team.

If that’s what you want to watch every week then good for you. Personally I’d rather play the way we do, and it seems others do to by the rave reviews this team has been getting all season!  

• Admin
1 minute ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I presume you’ve been playing in 2nd gear for 25 games this season then, seeing as you’re so far behind us? 

Watching Hugill tonight was like a carbon copy of the game at Ashton Gate. He spent 3/4’s of the game on his arse feigning injury and wasting time!

You’re a horrible, nightly team to play against and remind me very much of a typical Warnock team.

If that’s what you want to watch every week then good for you. Personally I’d rather play the way we do, and it seems others do to by the rave reviews this team has been getting all season!  

1st gear or neutral. 2nd gear for them beats a team in second place 

Clearly just WUMing anyway. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Pretty much that due to the way we play etc we would be their prediction for 2nd place.

Let’s see what January brings. I suppose Villa, Derby, Boro most likely have the budgets to strengthen, Wolves do not really need to.

At different times Preston, Sheff Utd, and now Villa and Cardiff have gone on poor runs. Our next real test will be next time we take a ‘punch to the nose’. Wolves, Villa and Derby in next four a real test. Need to keep expectation under control. Top six will be a tremendous achievement.

3 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Again, where's the rationale in that? It's ludicrous reasoning.

PNE fans have usually been pleasant in this forum.  Tonight’s game was shit, if you think you’ll get £10m for Hugill you’re living in la la land.  Glad you beat Cardiff but hope you don’t win another game this season, you’re a crap, cynical, and cheating team.  What happened to your club?

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you beat a side currently 2nd in the table in 2nd gear, why are you 7th?

10 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Let me try ........

You won 
(Vs the side in 2nd) , You were only in 2nd gear ( implying you had much much more to come) why are you in 7th ( the question is if you're THAT good why are you not higher?)
Any words you struggle with just post them on here and someone will be along to explain , OK Hun ?

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

PNE fans have usually been pleasant in this forum.  Tonight’s game was shit, if you think you’ll get £10m for Hugill you’re living in la la land.  Glad you beat Cardiff but hope you don’t win another game this season, you’re a crap, cynical, and cheating team.  What happened to your club?

Said much the same after the game at Ashton Gate recently, embarrassing time wasting tactics and shitty behaviour, especially Pearson, nasty piece of work.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Let me try ........

You won 
(Vs the side in 2nd) , You were only in 2nd gear ( implying you had much much more to come) why are you in 7th ( the question is if you're THAT good why are you not higher?)
Any words you struggle with just post them on here and someone will be along to explain , OK Hun ?

Amazing how many of you have managed to understand it and yet apparently I’m the one who makes no sense!

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

Impressive as our rumoured expenditure is about £8m and we supposedly got over £2m for Tomlin so £6m outlay...

We made £8.5M profit on transfers last season so hardly big spenders, if we have spent £8M this season it's only to make up for the sales last year.

43 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Amusing how you're basing our credentials on a single game. Especially considering we've already dominated and beaten you on your own patch this season.

We weren't great tonight, but came away with the points. We're capable of far better performances. 

Don't act like you're Real Madrid, because you've recently beaten Man Utd.

The recent arrogance from Bristol City fans is really quite disappointing. 

To be honest the performance against you was unrecognizable to the football we've played this.

Imagine if we had a proper squad and not one decimated by injuries.

See you again in May for a round up of the season.

3 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Said much the same after the game at Ashton Gate recently, embarrassing time wasting tactics and shitty behaviour, especially Pearson, nasty piece of work.

Really sad, had a lot of time for them but appear to have turned into one of those teams.  Although Tomlins dive was ******* shocking, and badly executed.

52 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But the second our game kicks off the live table will have it as 1st Vs 2nd.

Apologies for the pedantry, but...

If Derby win they will go a point above us. The moment we kick off the ‘live’ table will give us an extra point, but will still show us in third on gd.

Until the moment we go ahead and win of course.

48 minutes ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Amusing how you're basing our credentials on a single game. Especially considering we've already dominated and beaten you on your own patch this season.

We weren't great tonight, but came away with the points. We're capable of far better performances. 

Don't act like you're Real Madrid, because you've recently beaten Man Utd.

The recent arrogance from Bristol City fans is really quite disappointing. 

So you log on to OTIB and you are disappointed that you judge as arrogant, I can assure you we are not, in fact we are the very opposite of arrogant probably more humble and level headed that is good for us. However you and yours are just irrelevant. You play bland football, and yes we are worth all those victories against Premier League teams and currently sit second in the league, but we have feet firmly planted.

But, thanks anyway, you have done us proud. 

Archived