IGNORED

Cardiff vs Preston

Unan

9 hours ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Stats can be misleading. As they are in this case.

Your attempts at goal were from range and easily dealt with. 

Your superior possession was due to you knocking it around at the back with no idea what to do with it.

Only one team looked like winning that night. And we did so. 

Despite only playing in 2nd gear.

Look like winning :clapping::clapping:you had 10 men behind the ball the whole game, hence 35% possession. Fair play on beating us but I’d take a loss against you every year and not be subjected to Preston’s atrocious style of play. 

Amusing how you're basing our credentials on a single game. Especially considering we've already dominated and beaten you on your own patch this season.

We weren't great tonight, but came away with the points. We're capable of far better performances. 

Don't act like you're Real Madrid, because you've recently beaten Man Utd.

The recent arrogance from Bristol City fans is really quite disappointing. 

Salty much.

Stats can be misleading. As they are in this case.

Your attempts at goal were from range and easily dealt with. 

Your superior possession was due to you knocking it around at the back with no idea what to do with it.

Only one team looked like winning that night. And we did so. 

Despite only playing in 2nd gear.

Wum alert wum alert

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

But 5 places above you.

As it stands you aint even in a play off place. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. You are punching above your weight, and I see you not finishing anywhere near where you are currently.

I have an inherent dislike of Preston, mainly because I cant stand Grayson. Granted he aint there anymore, but still don't like em.

Some might say we are punching above our weight to...

Morning all , all the best today versus Wolves - really do think that the 2nd place is up for grabs and you are right in the mix , looking forward to watching it tonight you are not only in form  but playing some terrific football

I didn't expect a great game of football last night but I did think we tried to play some level of football but we really do lack the vision/quality in the final third and rely on a solid base but should we expect any more for a squad assembled at £2 Million pound , quality in the final third costs and we will attempt to improve that with low cost signings and finding a gem but I think in the top third thats the toughest area to improve , we have some good defenders in Clarke , Cunningham and the superb Davies , grit in midfield with Pearson and Browne but have a couple of players out of form further up the pitch and a real lack of goals , scrappy affair but a decent three points for us , we played some lovely football before our injuries ( and on Sky we are always average ) and the loss of Maguire who played up top with Hugill has been a real blow , no question that in the last 10/12 games we have become hard to beat to get points back on the board and long may that continue ,  Hugill's antics in the last five minutes gets right on my nerves - no place for it in football 

I try and give a balanced view on things and do not believe there is any form of arrogance amongst City fans just confidence and belief no bad thing IMO , I know what we are and for the money spent I think we are doing superbly and think a play off spot is a slim chance but a chance never the less ..

Mortis

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

PNE fans have usually been pleasant in this forum.  Tonight’s game was shit, if you think you’ll get £10m for Hugill you’re living in la la land.  Glad you beat Cardiff but hope you don’t win another game this season, you’re a crap, cynical, and cheating team.  What happened to your club?

Bit harsh in fairness but we are all entitled to an opinion :) , no question we time wasted at yours after an awful run of results but crap ,  cynical and cheating - I think all teams do it to a degree ... 

4 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Bit harsh in fairness but we are all entitled to an opinion :) , no question we time wasted at yours after an awful run of results but crap ,  cynical and cheating - I think all teams do it to a degree ... 

I agree. Apart from a bit of nonsense from Hugill at the end, I can't see what Preston did wrong yesterday. PNE tried to play all the football and that can be extremely difficult against a Colin side. Deserved the win, well done.

18 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Morning all , all the best today versus Wolves - really do think that the 2nd place is up for grabs and you are right in the mix , looking forward to watching it tonight you are not only in form  but playing some terrific football

I didn't expect a great game of football last night but I did think we tried to play some level of football but we really do lack the vision/quality in the final third and rely on a solid base but should we expect any more for a squad assembled at £2 Million pound , quality in the final third costs and we will attempt to improve that with low cost signings and finding a gem but I think in the top third thats the toughest area to improve , we have some good defenders in Clarke , Cunningham and the superb Davies , grit in midfield with Pearson and Browne but have a couple of players out of form further up the pitch and a real lack of goals , scrappy affair but a decent three points for us , we played some lovely football before our injuries ( and on Sky we are always average ) and the loss of Maguire who played up top with Hugill has been a real blow , no question that in the last 10/12 games we have become hard to beat to get points back on the board and long may that continue ,  Hugill's antics in the last five minutes gets right on my nerves - no place for it in football 

I try and give a balanced view on things and do not believe there is any form of arrogance amongst City fans just confidence and belief no bad thing IMO , I know what we are and for the money spent I think we are doing superbly and think a play off spot is a slim chance but a chance never the less ..

Mortis

This is much more like what we expect from Preston fans. That other chap did you a disservice.

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I agree. Apart from a bit of nonsense from Hugill at the end, I can't see what Preston did wrong yesterday. PNE tried to play all the football and that can be extremely difficult against a Colin side. Deserved the win, well done.

I agree ,  coudnt see what we did wrong during the 90 other than a couple of shirt pulls that rightly got yellows , the less said about Hugill's antics in the last five the better ! 

9 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Mortis

Fair comments but it's a bit disappointing to see you stooping to Warnock style cynicism. I don't remember that under Grayson.

I'd love to see you, Brentford or the like finish in the play-off positions as I get sick of the media bias towards the 'big' clubs.

The vibe towards us is still a bit ' they're doing jolly well but of course they won't go up because they're not Derby/Leeds/Villa/Boro'. 

We'll be there of course, goes without saying.:yes:

5 minutes ago, Mortis said:

I agree ,  coudnt see what we did wrong during the 90 other than a couple of shirt pulls that rightly got yellows , the less said about Hugill's antics in the last five the better ! 

There was plenty to admire about their side. People just go overboard because the 1st half was so bad (mainly due to Cardiff and Warnock, I would say. Added to that one of their fans came on last night telling us all to calm down about how well we are doing :laugh:

Didn't help matters

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is much more like what we expect from Preston fans. That other chap did you a disservice.

I post on this forum as I have always found over a long period to find City fans fair , reasoned and superb to away supporters , I like to think the vast majority of Preston fans are similar and whilst he is entitled to his opinion as we all are I don't agree with his sentiments and hope the decent relationship between the two sets of fans continues and if you are promoted this season I will be amongst the first to congratulate you and be pleased ( obviously I only want Preston to do well ) but I live my life by the glass being half full and being complimentary instead of any form of jealousy when I feel its correct to do so

Mortis

The hamecessnt great bit let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sometimes a situation dictates the need.

I'll hold my hands up and say I've barely seen Preston play so wouldn't want to judge them on that.

Similarly I'm sure they haven't seen us play the best football in probably 25 years with a tempo and energy that few teams live with for 90 mins.

Preston are a good club with decent fans, let's keep a little perspective and focus on those ***** across the Severn.

Ignoring the lad who managed to both accuse us of being arrogant while displaying some of his own, I Personally was very pleased that Preston got the win last night - both for selfish reasons, and because of the two sides, I’d much prefer Preston to get top six than Cardiff.

When you consider PNE’s budget they do phenomenally well, and would be delighted if they finished ahead of the likes of Villa and other big spenders.

31 minutes ago, Mortis said:

I was harsh I agree, I blame the combination of sitting on my own in an office for three days, booze and then watching that match which was dull.

Still pleased you beat Cardiff!

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. The football on display tonight was absolutely nothing to worry about. I’d definitely take them in the play offs. 

Pretty sure that Cardiff would certainly not fancy PNE in the play offs, having lost 3-0 and 1-0 against them this season. 

43 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I was harsh I agree, I blame the combination of sitting on my own in an office for three days, booze and then watching that match which was dull.

Still pleased you beat Cardiff!

Cheers Rumred ..I''m also pleased we beat Warnock and his Merry Men :) 

Archived