IGNORED

Millwall welcome for Holloway

redordead1

6 minutes ago, Tiree said:

never associate the stupid (and very poor) manager with being a Bristolian, glad 'Wall fans see what fans of every club he has ever managed (apart from blue few) think; useless, a joke, an embarrassment, likely to bring on relegation etc etc.

No-one at BS3 ever wants him to come here other than as an oppo who gets a lot of stick.

Riddance

Blackpool?

I moved to the area when the dipstick was manager - hating Skeletor was the perfect pass for any Milwall pub, used to get back from away games and they were usually at the Den and they'd tell me how bad he was and in return I'd give them the words to songs about him. He was their O'Driscoll and Pulis all rolled into one.

A few of them look out for City results to this day because or that bond. All in all Holloway has done me a massive favour (by being a total c you next...)

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Chatted to holloway in tesco years ago and came across a decent guy, I'll never applaud the guy regarding football but was  as a real family man and a gentleman, was also quite complimentary about the city. Might get shot down for this but I have no issue with the guy.

Should have asked him to price you up a chicken hutch.

To my knowledge the only season he was applauded was after he got Blackpool to the Premier League and that is still a fantastic achievement.

Yes he was a c*ck in his younger years, his comments last week after our game were very odd but I don’t hate him as much as I hate Warnock. Think it’s probably as no Holloway teams will get a rival again.

Hahah fair play, say what you want about Millwall but there fans are proper..  Ive said it before and ill say it again if your a Bristol City fan and you actively applaud Ian Holloway on his returns to Ashton Gate you really need a strong word with yourself.. the guy is an absolute tool

Just in case anyone had forgotten.. prize bellend :yes:

I thought that was a standard welcome for all visitors to Millwall, actually a few missiles short of the full blown version maybe.

I know it would never actually happen but a better welcome for egoists like him, would be complete silence and a turn away. Let him walk to the dressing rooms with the tumbleweed as his only companion.

11 hours ago, poland_exile said:

lot of respect for Millwall, proper fans them - and this, well, they've just soared a little bit higher in my book. 

Not all of them I'm afraid, as Wolves fans could no doubt attest:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/28/millwall-fans-racist-abuse-allegations-wolves-kick-it-out-fa

22 minutes ago, shelts said:

He’s a character. 

He’s done well for himself . Fair play. 

That’s not much of a recommendation, to be fair.

This could be a new game. Name a “character “ who has “done well for himself” who is not an admirable person.

Can I start with Berlusconi?

Archived