IGNORED

Baker & Pato injury news..?

Bar BS3

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haven’t watched the presser but knowing LJ he’ll try and keep things quiet as late as poss. He’s done that a few times this season already.

Arguably our key centre half and best creative midfielder - he’ll want to keep Wolves guessing.

well they either will or will nor t play  :grr:

This is one game where the loss of Baker is not as huge as most other teams. Don’t get me wrong he is a loss but Wolves have less physical forwards than most other teams. Mags has loads of experience abroad and internationally where he will have faced more players similar to Wolves style. Anyway, it is just my theory but think Mags should be fine in this one. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is one game where the loss of Baker is not as huge as most other teams. Don’t get me wrong he is a loss but Wolves have less physical forwards than most other teams. Mags has loads of experience abroad and internationally where he will have faced more players similar to Wolves style. Anyway, it is just my theory but think Mags should be fine in this one. 

Can Mags provide enough guidance for Kelly next to him though?

I’d expect to see Mags start alongside Flint, Kelly at LB and Bryan further forward if Baker and Pato can’t go.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Can't agree there. In my opinion Baker is our best defender. You need your best defender playing against a very good side who are first in the division. I can see the logic in what you're saying, but right now Baker is far superior to Magnússon who has a tendency to need time to grow into games. We can't afford that today.

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d expect to see Mags start alongside Flint, Kelly at LB and Bryan further forward if Baker and Pato can’t go.

No that would be Joe at LB and Eliasson on the left. Only other choice I would consider is Vyner on the right and Wright to LCB with Mags LB with Woodrow with Bobby. Actually now I have said it I think i prefer that though it is a tough task for Vyner. Though Cavaliero I think is injured which would be a real bonus to us. 

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

To be honest I wouldn't have a problem with playing the under 23s today keeping the main players fresh and winning at Villa - 2 points or over from these 2 games will be an excellent haul.

Really! Think we need to play strongest side with the aim of pulling Wolves closer back to the chasing pack & us getting some space between them.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't agree there. In my opinion Baker is our best defender. You need your best defender playing against a very good side who are first in the division. I can see the logic in what you're saying, but right now Baker is far superior to Magnússon who has a tendency to need time to grow into games. We can't afford that today.

No I agree with that. Just think Wolves is easier on Mags than some other teams in the division. They are the best team but not the most physical. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

No that would be Joe at LB and Eliasson on the left. Only other choice I would consider is Vyner on the right and Wright to LCB with Mags LB with Woodrow with Bobby. Actually now I have said it I think i prefer that though it is a tough task for Vyner. Though Cavaliero I think is injured which would be a real bonus to us. 

I think the Bryan/Kelly combo would give us more defensive solidarity and allow us to play a more possession based game which I think will be our approach.

Vyner’s a good possibility too, and it may just be that LJ prefers Wright to Mags in the middle and that could edge it.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I really rate Vyner but feel he is just a bit under done for a big like wolves at mo. I hope he proves me wrong should he play

15 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

An alternative would be with Bryan in LB and Kelly further forward, I think that was how the Reading game ended. 

16 minutes ago, Pezo said:

To be honest I wouldn't have a problem with playing the under 23s today keeping the main players fresh and winning at Villa - 2 points or over from these 2 games will be an excellent haul.

I’d happily take 2 points now. I expect LJ wants 6 though! 

10 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I think the Bryan/Kelly combo would give us more defensive solidarity and allow us to play a more possession based game which I think will be our approach.

Vyner’s a good possibility too, and it may just be that LJ prefers Wright to Mags in the middle and that could edge it.

Although Wright is right footed therefore Mags is slightly better suited to slotting as the left CB. 

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Oooooh, that’s interesting.

5 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

If Baker is out the least disruption to our normal back four would be for Magnússon to move in to the centre and either Kelly to play left back or Bryan to move back and Elliason play left midfield.

It is great we have options

Magnússon slotted in no problem against Reading so seems the obvious solution if Baker isn’t fit 

Whilst I agree that Baker is our best defender and would be a huge loss, I think that Pato is perhaps the one player in our team who we really really miss.

Only player who really opens up chances and opportunities regularly. The most unsung hero as he is in the shadow of Aden, Bobby and our Joey (although he does get some praise granted).

Would take Pato in and Baker out today of it were a choice.

COYR.

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d happily take 2 points now. I expect LJ wants 6 though! 

I’ve been in this ‘I’d take a point’ mindset until the last few games but I reckon we’re looking to win every game now.

The way we’re playing and digging in where we need to there’s no one in this league that we shouldn’t be confident of beating. Injuries are of course a worry but we’re coping well and I’m hopeful of a cracking win tonight and on Monday. 

COYR

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Also it’s about partnerships. Baker and flint are excellent together 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Agreed, 1st vs 2nd with 25,000 capacity is the exact game we should be playing our under 23s in. 

41 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Whilst I agree that Baker is our best defender and would be a huge loss, I think that Pato is perhaps the one player in our team who we really really miss.

Only player who really opens up chances and opportunities regularly. The most unsung hero as he is in the shadow of Aden, Bobby and our Joey (although he does get some praise granted).

Would take Pato in and Baker out today of it were a choice.

COYR.

Pato is the only irreplaceable player in our team and maybe Bobby. Even Brownhill, however good he is can be covered for by moving others around. Of the long terms the one I want back is ODowda. he was developiing really nicely and I would love to see him in a team playing with such belief.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Nonsense, we must and will play our strongest side. As for happy with 2pts, no way, want minimum of 3 pts from Wolves & Villa for me.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm afraid Cavaleiro and Boly have both been passed fit.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-handed-huge-boost-990363

Archived