IGNORED

Baker & Pato injury news..?

Bar BS3

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is one game where the loss of Baker is not as huge as most other teams. Don’t get me wrong he is a loss but Wolves have less physical forwards than most other teams. Mags has loads of experience abroad and internationally where he will have faced more players similar to Wolves style. Anyway, it is just my theory but think Mags should be fine in this one. 

I get where you’re coming from mate, but Baker is one of our best & most important players. You need your best players to win games regardless of the opposition. 

Flint is also a shadow of himself without Baker next to him. 

Will be a huge loss & a drop in our chances of winning if he doesn’t play. 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

To be honest I wouldn't have a problem with playing the under 23s today keeping the main players fresh and winning at Villa - 2 points or over from these 2 games will be an excellent haul.

Completely agree, keep them fresh for Watford, I fact I would keep the first team only for cup games - this promotion marlarky is a load of nonsense!

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I get where you’re coming from mate, but Baker is one of our best & most important players. You need your best players to win games regardless of the opposition. 

Flint is also a shadow of himself without Baker next to him. 

Will be a huge loss & a drop in our chances of winning if he doesn’t play. 

Baker is a huge part of what we have become - he doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves.

Him and Flint together are the rock that we build on, it’s a case of the sum being better than the parts with those two.

It'll come down to LJ's balancing act...

Injuries Vs trusted team Vs risk Vs tiredness. etc. 

I don't think there will be many changes if any. Bakes and Pato have had a little time so , my guess would be Bakes to start (allowing for a breakdown) and Pato on the bench again.  Maybe later on introduce Pato, Eliasson later on, but I really think that a draw wouldn't be the worst result so I can't see us being too gung-ho! 
A fully fit side would be well capable of a win, as it is we have a side suffering with injuries and tiredness. That said , I can't see any way LJ will just sacrifice 3 points today just to keep players fit for a game we still lose with a fully fit squad on NYD. A win today and lose at Villa is better than 2 draws. Hard game but we will try to win it, and the next. That it is on TV and at home would suggest to me we will play the strongest side today, and make a change or 2 for Villa.

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It'll come down to LJ's balancing act...

Injuries Vs trusted team Vs risk Vs tiredness. etc. 

I don't think there will be many changes if any. Bakes and Pato have had a little time so , my guess would be Bakes to start (allowing for a breakdown) and Pato on the bench again.  Maybe later on introduce Pato, Eliasson later on, but I really think that a draw wouldn't be the worst result so I can't see us being too gung-ho! 
A fully fit side would be well capable of a win, as it is we have a side suffering with injuries and tiredness. That said , I can't see any way LJ will just sacrifice 3 points today just to keep players fit for a game we still lose with a fully fit squad on NYD. A win today and lose at Villa is better than 2 draws. Hard game but we will try to win it, and the next. That it is on TV and at home would suggest to me we will play the strongest side today, and make a change or 2 for Villa.

Absolutely, Mike. And if Pato plays a part from the bench, then logic says that he's unlikely to make the squad on New Year's Day, in order to manage the injury.

That scenario would give Pato 10 days rest before the Semi Final first leg, assuming that he and a number of first teamers are excused against Watford on January 6.

1 hour ago, Toffee dog said:

Really! Think we need to play strongest side with the aim of pulling Wolves closer back to the chasing pack & us getting some space between them.

What I was trying to say is that I want us to get as many points as possible and IMO Wolves are going to run away with the league - if I was offered 2 draws from the next 2 I would take it so a loss against a team thats going to run away anyway and a win against a team that may challeng us for 2nd or 6th would actually be a better result over the 2 games.

Im sure there is logic in there somewhere.:blink:

17 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Completely agree, keep them fresh for Watford, I fact I would keep the first team only for cup games - this promotion marlarky is a load of nonsense!

Who said anythinh about the cup? I was quite clear I was after 2 or more points from this and Villa away.

32 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Nonsense, we must and will play our strongest side. As for happy with 2pts, no way, want minimum of 3 pts from Wolves & Villa for me.

So to do that you have to win a game, so which is more winnable Wolves or Villa?

I think its Villa.

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

What I was trying to say is that I want us to get as many points as possible and IMO Wolves are going to run away with the league - if I was offered 2 draws from the next 2 I would take it so a loss against a team thats going to run away anyway and a win against a team that may challeng us for 2nd or 6th would actually be a better result over the 2 games.

Im sure there is logic in there somewhere.:blink:

There is logic, and it also means we should focus on winning this next game. A win and we are ahead of the game, a draw is OK but we have another chance at Villa. Focus on Villa and play U23's today , we lose and put immense pressure on a difficult away game with no guarantee of 3 points.
6 points dreamland, 4 points excellent , 3 points good , 2 points acceptable , 1 point disappointing , 0 points queue meltdown on OTIB.  

37 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Agreed, 1st vs 2nd with 25,000 capacity is the exact game we should be playing our under 23s in. 

I didn't say it was ideal (I said I wouldn't  have a problem with it) but we all know we're a bit threadbare and tiered so if we have to strategically pick games to get the maximum points then I would go after the Villa game.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

So to do that you have to win a game, so which is more winnable Wolves or Villa?

I think its Villa.

Burton and Millwall much more winnable than ManYoo, it's never that simple. You choose one game over another to win and you can easily come unstuck. We could send a fresh fully fit squad to Villa and still lose. A Wolves game win could mean we go to Villa full of confidence and get points there as well. Putting kids out against the best (probably) team in the division and getting stuffed will do nothing for confidence.

Archived