IGNORED

Naive

Maesknoll Red

• Admin
12 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Naive is the most overused phrase in football. 

A phrase is a group of words.....  that aside, I’m not sure what else is descriptive of what happened.  We had control of the game and it was either naive or poor decisions that cost us, maybe the decisions were poor and naive. That doesn’t take away all the good aspects of our play and the fact that if LJ and the players can take the hard lesson learnt tonight, that we will still keep heading in the right direction.

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Naive sums it up

Keeping Flint up front - naive

Hörður getting caught with through ball - naive

Fielding headless chicken - naive

Pack giving free kick away - naive

Baker ducking header - just awful

The most needless loss I can remember

All easy to say in hindsight though isn't it? The little decisions from LJ and the players usually go our way.. tonight they didn't. It's only naive if you don't learn from them in the future which I'm sure we will. 

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

A phrase is a group of words.....  that aside, I’m not sure what else is descriptive of what happened.  We had control of the game and it was either naive or poor decisions that cost us, maybe the decisions were poor and naive. That doesn’t take away all the good aspects of our play and the fact that if LJ and the players can take the hard lesson learnt tonight, that we will still keep heading in the right direction.

It's a cliche.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

All easy to say in hindsight though isn't it? The little decisions from LJ and the players usually go our way.. tonight they didn't. It's only naive if you don't learn from them in the future which I'm sure we will. 

That’s the nature of these forum discussions though, with hindsight, I guess if any of us had genuine foresight, we’d not be on here, we’d be living in the lap of luxury somewhere.  I don’t think anyone, myself as the OP or respondents have been over harsh and we have said, it will be a learning curve, tonight will be a part of that, at least it will if the Manager and  players want to develop further.

Fielding took one for the team tonight in the hope that we would be able to defend the free kick and maintain our lead. Unfortunately for us their set piece delivery was outstanding and even more unfortunately pack gave them another opportunity to demonstrate this, that’s it basically.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

For me Fielding and Magnússon are not good enough. Players like that will cost us the odd game.

Not gonna bin emoji you because I respect your posts Jon.  Mags was one of our best players tonight I thought.  Thought he had a really good game.  Fielding has had his mad-Frankie game.  Been good all season, no matter what your overall feelings on him are.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Not gonna bin emoji you because I respect your posts Jon.  Mags was one of our best players tonight I thought.  Thought he had a really good game.  Fielding has had his mad-Frankie game.  Been good all season, no matter what your overall feelings on him are.

Agree. Mags was hung to dry when flint went upfront and we weren't quick enough to protect him. Whilst Flint going up seemed to give us presence, it pegged back Magnússon who was, up to then, putting in some real dangerous crosses. We countered our own attack and lost balance imo. 

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought Mags had probably his best game in a City shirt

I also understand what @JonDolman is saying he does worry me - in that he’s always seems to have  a mistake in him

Throwing the ball across our own box latish On wasn’t his best idea !!!!

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Respect your opinion Dave. And I do think Magnússon had a much better game tonight, and put in some brilliant crosses. But I don't trust him centrally. He looked much more comfortable in the left wing back position I thought. Against reading he was heading the ball into dodgy areas and putting us in trouble. I've noticed sometimes he let's the ball bounce, when it's basics to head it. I really think after we went 1-0 up tonight, we should have gone back to the team and shape that started the game. As for fielding, I think he has mainly had a good season. But I don't think he is top championship standard. Great point blank shot stopper, but doesn't like coming off his line, is not assured. It's hard to get a reliable goalkeeper at this level, I see mistakes regularly from championship goalkeepers. But from what I've seen, I like Steele. Let's see how he does over the next few games. 

It is always easy in hindsight, but after the first sending off, we looked very comfortable, and Wolves looked frankly happy with a draw. The issue was how we were going to break them down.

We did, with a very decent goal. At that stage I was pretty sure we would revert to Plan A, and see if we could nick a second as they had to come out. It did feel we were trying to force a second when we did not need to and we were not happy to play the percentages. Equally, when one of their key players, Costa, was not playing well, they had much higher quality on the bench to affect the game.

Disappointing for sure, and need to bounce back strong.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought Mags had probably his best game in a City shirt

I also understand what @JonDolman is saying he does worry me - in that he’s always seems to have  a mistake in him

Throwing the ball across our own box latish On wasn’t his best idea !!!!

Maggs was like Beckham reincarnated 1st half, he whipped in 3 balls that were absolutely world class.

5 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

If the players put as much effort into playing as they do into tattoos and hair cuts .... Big John at the Dilton Marsh Spiritualist Church said that this evening ... sadly the players have no idea of the club's history never mind Big John.  A thumping defeat in Manchester, second leg is therefore pointless .... by which time the season has gone ... This League Cup is a huge distraction ... and as for the Wolves' fans .......... quiet it's a library .... spot on!

Why don’t you just p*ss off to a bridge club or something or take up knitting or crochet -would suit you 

In fact forget the bridge club - try a bridge and take a Trolls leap

************ nause

We're not naive, it's the way we play. Yes we could launch it long at the end, and that would probably see the game out. But we play, and play forward thinking football.  Pack was an inch from releasing a player down the line. We could have scored, we could have been up the other end when the whistle went . But he ballesed it up. We lost, it's a right shitter but that's how we roll. Take a point or go for 3.?? We all know now. 

2 hours ago, Bs32red said:

Fielding took one for the team tonight in the hope that we would be able to defend the free kick and maintain our lead. Unfortunately for us their set piece delivery was outstanding and even more unfortunately pack gave them another opportunity to demonstrate this, that’s it basically.

I’d much rather have conceded and kept 11 men on the pitch for the next half hour

2 hours ago, Benni said:

No, the player was played onside by whom? That's the one to blame. 

I thought I was the only one to notice Wright 10 yards deeper than the defensive line. Then should of played the simple ball into the corner before their breakaway before their second. I don’t want to blame anyone after the run & effort the players have put in this season. But some of the blame being portioned on people, well, is questionable. COYR 

Archived