IGNORED

LJs Fault

Langford Red

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Nobody blaming Hörður for his part in sending off????!   Wowzers

Think if Flint is moved back that ball does not get through. We looked like scoring without Flint up front anyway. Soon as we score he should have gone back to our normal shape. 

For me 3 errors cost us points. LJ not moving Flint back. FF coming out like that and diving in(even if he scores we have a chance with an extra man). Then Pack at the end trying to dribble out from the back and compounding that mistake by fouling. 

It is a team game and after FF got sent off anyone can be blames. Nervous and scared that last 25 minutes and you could see who was getting the 3 points. 

13 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Yes Pack scored own goal then gave ball away

Should have been in row Z

But at 1 - 0 He should have reverted Flint back and killed game, Fielding would not have been put in that position

But LJ knows better best, even though I said this at 1 - 0!

Definite pen hand ball to us 

We lost to a better team mate. Suck it up, it happens.

Everyone is pissed off due to the nature of the loss but let's be a bit classy rather than throwing the toys out of the pram eh?

For all that LJ has got right this season I have to agree with the OP. First half we weren’t going to score, nor were they, so we open up, send Flint up top, it works. Fair play LJ...but logically if we had then returned to 1st half tactics we would be been a lot more solid, and we had the counterattack oppertunity. Unlike when we were down to ten, with Reid being completely isolated.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

100% LJ should have moved Flint back. We had Baker in the middle and Hörður out far left and Wright our car right.

Why defend with just one man when you have taken the lead against 10 men?!

That through ball doesn’t happen with two centre backs there, simple as!

Hörður was playing centre back at that point

He must shoulder most of the blame. But in fairness they really on had 11 minutes of having the upper hand. 

10 mins after fielding sent off and last minute. 

You could understand why he sent Flint up top, but  against wolves it was a mistake and slightly disrespectful.

Stevo

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

This is embarrassing. Seems like people have been waiting for us to slip up to stick the knife in. 

Rubbish... LJ has done a great job this season and nobody is saying otherwise, BUT tonight he made a massive mistake by not moving Flint back to defence as soon as we went 1-0 up. If he has done that, we would never have been caught out by that through ball and may well have comfortably seen the game out.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Rubbish. Of course he did. He didn’t need to foul. 

Yes he did. Watch it back on the tv. The player had beaten Magnússon to the ball and Fielding realised he wasn't going to be able to stop running and instead of being able to clear it he realised he was about to be beaten and the player was going to go round him and stick it in the empty net. You could see it on Fielding's face that he had taken one for the team when he came off. Unfortunately they scored from the resulting free kick anyway.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Rubbish... LJ has done a great job this season and nobody is saying otherwise, BUT tonight he made a massive mistake by not moving Flint back to defence as soon as we went 1-0 up. If he has done that, we would never have been caught out by that through ball and may well have comfortably seen the game out.

Agree it was a mistake - as was the decision to replace a defender with a striker. But i thought we played well tonight. Just one of them things

Even with 10 men Wolves are an excellent side and they will go up no problem. However, when we went 1 - 0 up we should have brought Flint back and shut up shop. We thought we could turn the screw, but unfortunately Wolves have too much quality and therefore we were naive. 

I'll take 3rd at this stage of the season all day long, but that was so frustrating as it was in the bag for us and we acted a bit too over confident against as side which we underestimated. For that reason it is no wonder that there are a few meltdowns. It's meltdown out of frustration, not because some were clearly waiting to "have a go". 

Haven’t seen anyone mention it yet so perhaps I’m wrong but in the build up to FF’s red Joe Bryan looked miles out of position to me leading to Carvalho having the free run at goal? Didn’t have the best view from the other end of the ground but that was my initial thought.

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Agree it was a mistake - as was the decision to replace a defender with a striker. But i thought we played well tonight. Just one of them things

He made the right decision playing him up front. But at 1.0 should have slotted him back in to defence. 

Mags was at fault for their first goal by not picking up their runner. Fielding shouldnt have done what he did but he had to as it was a clear goal if he didnt. Mags gave their right side so much space at times and they exploited it in the second. 

Oh well I'm to the next. Feel robbed though gutted.

It’s all ifs and buts. If Flint had been pulled back, if Mags had done his job, if Wright had stepped up and held the line, if Fielding had just taken the chance of a one to one instead of what he did.

One of those, just need to learn from it and move on.

Archived