IGNORED

Watch the cheese and onion pasties...

Mrdc

7 hours ago, SX227 said:

In all honesty - if 2 separate posters have complained about a particular product, then it should be looked into.

I agree gastroenteritis won't come on in an hour, but a more severe bug (such as botulism) will cause severe symptoms within an hour/90 minutes.

If people are getting sick, it's either poor food (unlikely as its only 2 people) or POOR PREPARATION.

If that's the case Mr Parsons should have a check that the food staff are up to standard.

A burnt outer pasty with a cold middle is a classic improperly defrosted product - which will make someone very sick, very quickly, if a particular bug is inside.

Heat kills bugs - it's as simple as that.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

And do you think that someone with the onset of botulism could sit through the rest of the game and then log on to Otib to decry a pasty?

Occam's razor dictates that the source of his illness is elsewhere, and it's out of order to blame the club/ concessions when barely reheated leftovers at home in the previous days are far more likely to have been the cause imo.

1 hour ago, Bcfccity said:

Hi i Work / manage the concession so would like to give a brief overview on how we cook the food.

The pies and pasties come in on a match day cooked(chilled), they are then reheated/cooked in an oven to at least 75 degrees and are held for no longer than 2 hours in a pie warmer, there are 4 holding temp checks done through out the day for holding temps above 65 degrees and all the above is recorded.

No frozen pasties are cooked on a match day.

can I ask what concession it was purchased from? As it being burnt and cold is un acceptable and I can investigate this on Tuesday.

@Bcfccity is on it! 

7 hours ago, Stortz said:

And do you think that someone with the onset of botulism could sit through the rest of the game and then log on to Otib to decry a pasty?

Occam's razor dictates that the source of his illness is elsewhere, and it's out of order to blame the club/ concessions when barely reheated leftovers at home in the previous days are far more likely to have been the cause imo.

I had to leave at half time and was typing on my phone when led in bed...

19 hours ago, lost black rat said:

with 35 years experience in the food industry ( 5 years making pasties and sausage rolls' )  I can say with out any reasonable doubt the pasty was not the cause of your illness the symptoms  and times don't add up mulch moor likely to be something you hade last night

Exactly.  You would need to drink a pint of toilet duck to make it go from A to B so quick 

7 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@Bcfccity is on it! 

Try the concessions in the lansdown stand. Had the curry pie v Man U......nearly broke my teeth it was that hard. Against Reading had 1 that was soft as ####. So your precision cooking/monitoring 4 times etc etc is utter bollox.

38 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

@boatman what concession did you buy it from?

Sorry meant to reply earlier.

it was from the dolman stand, the one that calls itself a coffee shop or something similar.

As I said earlier, I am not looking to cause any trouble. I cannot be certain that’s what made me ill but at the very least the pasty was grim to say the least.

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Never had to poo in a football ground in over 50 years supporting City.

Did once come close after being chased by a bunch of Fulham fans wielding an assortment of weapons singing "You're goin in the river" back in the 70s though.

I missed our winning goal away at Doncaster`s old Belle Vue ground once due to an overwhelming call.

As you can imagine, they weren`t exactly state of the art either.

3 hours ago, boatman said:

Sorry meant to reply earlier.

it was from the dolman stand, the one that calls itself a coffee shop or something similar.

As I said earlier, I am not looking to cause any trouble. I cannot be certain that’s what made me ill but at the very least the pasty was grim to say the least.

a lot of dodgy turkey about this year,it is also the season for nasty bugs including the shits which can come on in an instant.im not having a dig or anything like that but totally agree with whats been said about the time it takes for food to cause a problem

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Did once come close after being chased by a bunch of Fulham fans wielding an assortment of weapons singing "You're goin in the river" back in the 70s though.

Trying hard to imagine the equivalent Fulham crew of today armed with foam hands and clappers asking directions for the nearest deli :)

Archived