IGNORED

Haven't felt this flat in a long time

BS3_RED

Not because we lost ( always thought before the game that we would) but because of the way we lost. That game was there for the taking. I understand why he needed to put Flint up but as soon as we scored he needed to go back and thats where the goal came from. Bang advantage gone in a game we would have never lost from that point on. Yes Frank ballsed up and in hindsight he would have been better off letting the guy run through to score as it would have still left us level with thirty mins to play with a man advantage. Okay they got lucky with the free kick but you earn luck in football by understanding the game, shame that Pack didnt understand to let the ******* ball go out of play with 30 seconds left.

I am trying to see positives from tonight but am struggling as I am so ******* angry. Deffo a game that we left three points on the pitch. 

Rant over and on to Villa Monday. See you all there. Now im off to the fridge to get pissed. 

4 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Not because we lost ( always thought before the game that we would) but because of the way we lost. That game was there for the taking. I understand why he needed to put Flint up but as soon as we scored he needed to go back and thats where the goal came from. Bang advantage gone in a game we would have never lost from that point on. Yes Frank ballsed up and in hindsight he would have been better off letting the guy run through to score as it would have still left us level with thirty mins to play with a man advantage. Okay they got lucky with the free kick but you earn luck in football by understanding the game, shame that Pack didnt understand to let the ******* ball go out of play with 30 seconds left.

I am trying to see positives from tonight but am struggling as I am so ******* angry. Deffo a game that we left three points on the pitch. 

Rant over and on to Villa Monday. See you all there. Now im off to the fridge to get pissed. 

Get used to it mate. I've had this feeling hundreds of times in the 40+ years Ive followed 'em. But remember the good times.....like Man U....!!:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, KevP said:

Get used to it mate. I've had this feeling hundreds of times in the 40+ years Ive followed 'em. But remember the good times.....like Man U....!!:thumbsup:

The fact that I am feeling this flat when only just getting beat by a team that are head and shoulders above the whole division says a lot on how far we have come in 12 months. 

I am with you on this. I am so cross we lost. A point would have been some consolation for a good performance and we would have finished the year in second place. No matter that we are punching above our weight that was a game chucked away in the style teams of old have done but this team seems better than that. Need 3 points against villa to make this a decent Xmas haul. Otherwise 4 points from 12 is not going to look that good. 

3 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

I am with you on this. I am so cross we lost. A point would have been some consolation for a good performance and we would have finished the year in second place. No matter that we are punching above our weight that was a game chucked away in the style teams of old have done but this team seems better than that. Need 3 points against villa to make this a decent Xmas haul. Otherwise 4 points from 12 is not going to look that good. 

We’d have still been 3rd on goal difference ;)

we wont ‘Not finish in top two’ because we lost to Wolves -It’s how we get through the next few games particularly Villa and Derby away, and whether / when we can bounce back  that may be more relevant 

22 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Chill out mate. All is good. A strange game tonight with red cards etc. Game plans go out the window and its toe to toe. They are the best team in this division and won it tonight. But we gave it a good go.

Understand frustrations. But onto the next 

I think we should all be a bit more realistic to avoid the deflation. Chances are Wolves and Derby will be the top two. 

If we can finish in the top six that will be a fantastic improvement on last season. We can't throw the money at it that Wolves have done. We should be happy with the progress and amazing moments we have already had this season.

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

The fact that I am feeling this flat when only just getting beat by a team that are head and shoulders above the whole division says a lot on how far we have come in 12 months. 

Exactly.....and that's good.  The majority of possession. Just a bit of naivety. Plenty of the season left to put it right.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I think we should all be a bit more realistic to avoid the deflation. Chances are Wolves and Derby will be the top two. 

If we can finish in the top six that will be a fantastic improvement on last season. We can't throw the money at it that Wolves have done. We should be happy with the progress and amazing moments we have already had this season.

why can wolves throw money at it, can somebody tell me, its a good few years since they were in the top flight how are they allowed to spend so much, or are they like Bournemouth and don't care.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Glad you’re not the manager.

Johnson  - privately - will want and expect this team to get promotion. We’re a team of winners again who’ve proven their quality this season.

A narrow defeat against Wolves is hardly anything to worry about. We shouldn’t be happy with what’s happened already, we should be aiming to gain promotion, win the league cup and get as far as we can in the FA Cup.

If by May our season’s best moments came in December, we haven’t had a good second half of the season.

(Before anyone starts, I appreciate it’s highly unlikely we’ll beat Man City over two legs let alone beat Chelsea or Arsenal in the final - but when you’re in the semis, your mindset has to be that you’re there to win the cup)

Archived