IGNORED

Kickoff Rules

ApplePress

Appealing to the “referees” in the forum. So after Wolves scored their second goal all of their players including Ruddy rushed to the touchline.  Could we have theoretically set the ball for kickoff and then taken it once Wolves entered their own half without setting up? Poetentially with Ruddy out of goal?

2 minutes ago, ApplePress said:

Appealing to the “referees” in the forum. So after Wolves scored their second goal all of their players including Ruddy rushed to the touchline.  Could we have theoretically set the ball for kickoff and then taken it once Wolves entered their own half without setting up? Poetentially with Ruddy out of goal?

Have to wait for ref  to start / allow restart unfortunately 

If all the players are in their own half then theoretically the other side can kick off.

My boy refereed an u/18 game at Swansea once and when Barnsley scored all eleven players celebrated by their dugout.

With the Swansea players lined up to restart Barnsley were taking so long to regroup that my boy gave Swansea permission to resume play.

With the goalkeeper sprinting back to his box the Swansea strikers attempted shot from the halfway line was tipped over the bar for a corner.

Not the topic here but maybe in a similar vein, a WSL (Reading v Arsenal) game saw a goal scored directly from the kick-off as the keeper was still getting back to her position. Caused a bit of a stir.

See https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/05/fara-williams-reading-arsenal-womens-super-league-cup

10 minutes ago, ApplePress said:

Hi Davefevs.  Sorry didnt see your earlier post.  I had that scenario in my head as I was shouting hysterically for City to get set as quickly as possible.  I would apologise to those sitting around me but I’m sure they've seen previous mad moments from me.

yes…:city:

12 minutes ago, ApplePress said:

Hi Davefevs.  Sorry didnt see your earlier post.  I had that scenario in my head as I was shouting hysterically for City to get set as quickly as possible.  I would apologise to those sitting around me but I’m sure they've seen previous mad moments from me.

No need for an apology, merely saving myself retyping it all!

It was hilarious.  

Archived