IGNORED

Steele to get his chance...

Judda

Sorry if this has been done already....

It will be interesting to see how things change with Steele in goal. I think he looks a good keeper but hasn't had a chance as fielding hasn't put a foot wrong... hes obviously done pretty well in the league cup but better or worse than Frankie? I know Frankie has had his critics but he's had his best season for us imo.

41 minutes ago, Judda said:

Sorry if this has been done already....

It will be interesting to see how things change with Steele in goal. I think he looks a good keeper but hasn't had a chance as fielding hasn't put a foot wrong... hes obviously done pretty well in the league cup but better or worse than Frankie? I know Frankie has had his critics but he's had his best season for us imo.

:whistle:

Fielding has a 3 match ban for a straight red, so this should be Steele’s chance. If he plays well for the next 3 matches, it will be a difficult decision for LJ to make. At least playing against Man City he should have plenty of shots to save to demonstrate his ability 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Fielding has a 3 match ban for a straight red, so this should be Steele’s chance. If he plays well for the next 3 matches, it will be a difficult decision for LJ to make. At least playing against Man City he should have plenty of shots to save to demonstrate his ability 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fielding-gets-one-match-ban/

13 minutes ago, Judda said:

Good news its only a one game ban. Do you think if Steele plays a blinder he'll get a chance to keep his place in the league? Personally I think not but you never know...

Steele looks to be a good keeper . I won't have any worries about him playing .

As for Frankie , he knows his team mates better and I believe that he is a strong force at the club with his personality and will to win .

I expect he will come straight back in for the next league match .

1 hour ago, screech said:

Very very harsh blaming him for yesterdays goal, it takes a deflection from Pack on it's way through.

Agree. I blame our defensive walls yesterday and v Man U - we seem to leave a hole. Man U was the worst - defenders seemed to move out of the way of the shot. 

Let's hope Steele is fit.

He was holding his wrist after making that late point blank save at the feet of the Wolves forward.

He appeared to take the full weight of the kick against his hand and wrist rather than the Wolves forward connecting with the ball and clearly felt it.

3 hours ago, Judda said:

And Zlatans but they did seem saveable from where I sit...

That's the problem watching from the stands......we all think they could or should have done better but with a deflection the keeper has already made his decision where to move/dive and it flies past him.

4 hours ago, screech said:

Very very harsh blaming him for yesterdays goal, it takes a deflection from Pack on it's way through.

He was stood in the middle of his goal and left a gap in the wall, just as we did against Man United. The deflection helped him if anything, he was getting absolutely nowhere near it. He's just inviting the opposition to stick it in with what is essentially a clear shot at goal. At least make them put it over the wall by covering that side of the goal. Awful keeping. Fielding was the same in the first half when they hit the post.

Very frustrating as based on all other aspects of Steele's game he's a good keeper.

Archived