IGNORED

Section 82

bs3

5 hours ago, Xiled said:

There's a bloke a few rows behind me who starts his own song quite regularly. Or joins in with S82 but a second or two out of time. And he's wildly out of tune which is particularly impressive.

Anybody want him next season?

Older chap, about 60 years old? 

5 hours ago, coxyboy said:

Unfortunately section 82 believe that they are superior to the rest of the ground and fans. I’m truth they are simply another section of fans who feel the need to break the rules and stand the whole game,  home or away with not one ounce of courtesy for anyone else around them. I fact just selfish ***** :-)

Winner!

32 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I know a few S82s and to be honest they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. To put it mildly.

Love a bit of supremacy from other fans regarding how others choose to spend their time. If you want to sit in the Lansdown and munch prawn sandwiches then go ahead. Just don't be a**** to other people because they prefer to support the team in a different way.

34 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Love a bit of supremacy from other fans regarding how others choose to spend their time. If you want to sit in the Lansdown and munch prawn sandwiches then go ahead. Just don't be a**** to other people because they prefer to support the team in a different way.

The Lansdown Stand seats around 11,000 people....it’s hardly ever full...and you think everyone there ‘munches prawn sandwiches’....grow up, it’s pretty rubbish how so many people jump on Roy Keane’s comment zillions of years ago about the ‘prawn sandwich brigade’ at Old Trafford....what on Earth makes you think that applies to The Lansdown Stand at Ashton Gate?! Keane was talking about a world famous institution which attracts over 70k people every home game, not a cosy little, relatively unknown club in BS3....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Lansdown Stand seats around 11,000 people....it’s hardly ever full...and you think everyone there ‘munches prawn sandwiches’....grow up, it’s pretty rubbish how so many people jump on Roy Keane’s comment zillions of years ago about the ‘prawn sandwich brigade’ at Old Trafford....what on Earth makes you think that applies to The Lansdown Stand at Ashton Gate?! 

I'm not saying that everyone who sits in the Lansdown eats prawn sandwiches, far from that. Would've made as much sense as if I'd said Dolman, but it appears to be the polar opposite of how fans in S82 want to experience a match. Just about the different ways you want to support the team.

29 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Spoken like a true S82'er :thumbsup:

Can't believe I nibbled but it was irresistible :laughcont:

14 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Indeed, I know a few in the Dolman who are thick as shit but still someone from that stand received a knighthood.

This leaves me confused. 

Happy to confirm I have sat in the Dolman for 20yrs and I'm thick as pigshit, as are all of those around me. 

Yours etc

Sir CyderInACan 

16 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

How did the club get that cleared?

Only asking as i took it that it was against the law to stand in seated areas

It is not against the law to stand in seated areas (thank god!). Only law is that grounds in top 2 divisions must be all seaters. It is a ground regulation that persistent standing is not allowed. Thankfully a more relaxed, common sense approach has taken place in a lot of grounds over the past few years and this regulation has been less enforced.

Naturally, it's about choice. Those who want to sit should be able to and those who wish to stand should be able to which is why safe standing areas need to be introduced.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/

• Admin
16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not saying that everyone who sits in the Lansdown eats prawn sandwiches, far from that. Would've made as much sense as if I'd said Dolman, but it appears to be the polar opposite of how fans in S82 want to experience a match. Just about the different ways you want to support the team.

Can't believe I nibbled but it was irresistible :laughcont:

I have sat in the Upper Lansdown for our cup games so far when it has been opened (not for Man City though as the central block appears to be sold out already even though no one has SCs there?) and I can actually state that the atmosphere is surprisingly lively up there. I still find myself with no voice after the games :) 

There is a supporter who sits a few rows behind me. Sings, really loud, stands and supports the team the whole game - sadly he also has to throw in comments about those sat around him suggesting  that they don't support the team, open your mouths, etc.. he seems a nice enough person but these comments have wound up a few people. Last game, he was sat further back than normal and a number of people started having a pop at him - so sing if you want, don't sing if you don't want to, but respect other's rights to support the team how they want and not how you feel they should.

Archived