IGNORED

Woodrow - waste of a wage

headhunter

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

All history now, has done next to **** all since, i'm sorry he is not good enough at this level, other than the odd sub appearance, if he was that good he should be replacing one of 2 injured strikers by now and he ain't.

you make eleven DAYS sound like 11 months. expectations from some of our supporters are ludicrous, I'm really not surprised Joe Bryan had his little dig earlier. 

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

you make eleven DAYS sound like 11 months. expectations from some of our supporters are ludicrous, I'm really not surprised Joe Bryan had his little dig earlier. 

Who mentioned expectations?, it may have escaped your attention this thread is about a player who has been labelled as a waste of a wage and **** all to do with 'expectations', I have supported BCFC for far too long to have expectations, I expressed my opinion nothing more nothing less and never once mentioned 'expectations'.

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Fella, this is serious stuff now, we are 1 point off second in the Championship and it's now half way through, we have a very real chance of getting promoted to the PL - it's professional sport, how are the expectations "ludicrous "?

If we were 15 points below where we are I would agree, but we aren't.

Last night we should have beat Wolves, we would have been 5 points behind them, we didn't , and that has been covered extensively elsewhere BUT, the expectations have risen, and rightly so.

Yeah Joe had a pop, And he is totally entitled to that, but things have changed from last year and the players and coaches deserve huge credit for that, however the bar has now been set, there is no going back.

4 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Fella, this is serious stuff now, we are 1 point off second in the Championship and it's now half way through, we have a very real chance of getting promoted to the PL - it's professional sport, how are the expectations "ludicrous "?

If we were 15 points below where we are I would agree, but we aren't.

Last night we should have beat Wolves, we would have been 5 points behind them, we didn't , and that has been covered extensively elsewhere BUT, the expectations have risen, and rightly so.

Yeah Joe had a pop, And he is totally entitled to that, but things have changed from last year and the players and coaches deserve huge credit for that, however the bar has now been set, there is no going back.

I believe that, more important than being 5 points behind Wolves, we would have been 2 points ahead of Derby (or third place) and 9 points ahead of 7th place.

I looked at the table just after City scored yesterday and saw us with 50 points - safe before the year is out....

I reckon Woodrow will be given a chance today, he can't play in the cup games so it would make sense to use him now and give Pato a rest. I think he's shown a bit of promise, if he had a run of games he could still be useful to us, after all he was playing in the same England under-21 team as Tammy recently

20 hours ago, Port Red said:

I’d send Leko back first.

With the Matty Taylor rumours and the fact that the others will take a couple of weeks to get back up to speed we would have very few options for a while.  

If we send him back i would hope an arrival was imminent.

so do divulge what are the Matty Taylor rumours then ?

46 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I reckon Woodrow will be given a chance today, he can't play in the cup games so it would make sense to use him now and give Pato a rest. I think he's shown a bit of promise, if he had a run of games he could still be useful to us, after all he was playing in the same England under-21 team as Tammy recently

Assuming Woodrow and Leko are still here, and therefore here to the end of the season, would it seem logical that they can play in FA Cup. They cannot go back to Fulham or West Brom, so no issue with being cup tied. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming Woodrow and Leko are still here, and therefore here to the end of the season, would it seem logical that they can play in FA Cup. They cannot go back to Fulham or West Brom, so no issue with being cup tied. 

Wonder whether Leko might go back Dave

Sounds like LJ looking for a wide man in window which is slightly strange

WBA have a new manager , are staring at relegation if not careful , may want everyone back in and if they wanted him back and we and player agreed I think the loan can be cancelled 

14 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Nah disagree with this. Up top there's Fammy and Milan. Hegeler and GON to come back CM. COD as attacking option.

Only 2 of those (Fammy and COD) are anywhere near good enough for top champ / Prem.

Squad is thin of quality required to take us to the next level. 

And don't forget Pisano. I'd argue Djuric is good enough for top Champ. Anyway, a bench of Diedhiou, Djuric, Pisano, O'Dowda, Hegeler, O'Neil, looks a lot more like a strong bench than what we had on Saturday. Don't forget Wolves had most of their injuries fit again for Sat, and anyway they are a club that's spent what £50 mil in the summer?! 

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wonder whether Leko might go back Dave

Sounds like LJ looking for a wide man in window which is slightly strange

WBA have a new manager , are staring at relegation if not careful , may want everyone back in and if they wanted him back and we and player agreed I think the loan can be cancelled 

I don`t think it`s quite as simple as that due to the strict loan rules but I`m sure it could be done - we could probably all agree on a `disciplinary` reason or something.

A recall clause is built in (or not) at the start of the loan. It cannot be inserted mid-loan  

With Tammy there was nothing built in, so he was ours for the season. 

I still wonder whether Chelsea and ourselves could’ve done something mutually, eg, we’ll give you £m if you let us have him back for the second half of the season. 

I believe with Hamer we were still paying his agreed wages even though WE sent him back early. Happy to be corrected. 

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A recall clause is built in (or not) at the start of the loan. It cannot be inserted mid-loan  

With Tammy there was nothing built in, so he was ours for the season. 

I still wonder whether Chelsea and ourselves could’ve done something mutually, eg, we’ll give you £m if you let us have him back for the second half of the season. 

I believe with Hamer we were still paying his agreed wages even though WE sent him back early. Happy to be corrected. 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Section 53 deals with standard loans. You can only go back if it is mutually agreed (or there is a recall clause) in a transfer window. Leko and Woodrow are on season long loans, and if their respective clubs so unless either (a) have a recall clause and choose to invoke it or (b) mutually agree with City that the player should return to their parent club then nothing is going to happen.

From interviews when he came it is clear Fulham don't want Woodrow on their books, so won't be recalling him. And I don't see WBA wanting Leko back when he is far from being able to get a starting place in a depleted Championship team.

14 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Section 53 deals with standard loans. You can only go back if it is mutually agreed (or there is a recall clause) in a transfer window. Leko and Woodrow are on season long loans, and if their respective clubs so unless either (a) have a recall clause and choose to invoke it or (b) mutually agree with City that the player should return to their parent club then nothing is going to happen.

From interviews when he came it is clear Fulham don't want Woodrow on their books, so won't be recalling him. And I don't see WBA wanting Leko back when he is far from being able to get a starting place in a depleted Championship team.

Thanks mate, I was hoping someone could clear it up. There are so many conflicting views on this that it`s good to see it written down.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

And don't forget Pisano. I'd argue Djuric is good enough for top Champ. Anyway, a bench of Diedhiou, Djuric, Pisano, O'Dowda, Hegeler, O'Neil, looks a lot more like a strong bench than what we had on Saturday. Don't forget Wolves had most of their injuries fit again for Sat, and anyway they are a club that's spent what £50 mil in the summer?! 

Yeah agree. Didn't include Pisano as my original comment was about options going forward and in midfield. I think apart from a secondary RB we're very strong at the back.

No way are we going to spend what Wolves have, but they gave us an example of the strength in depth they've got, which we don't. Upgrades needed, and especially in CM I'd say. Said it on another thread, if we're even remotely considering spending big on a striker, I'd rather the money was spent on one or two top quality CMs instead who can help us dictate and control a game. Not necessarily to replace Marlon / Korey but to add to the core.

On 31/12/2017 at 12:49, Londoner said:

Incredible posts.

The kid hasn't had a run of games....and when he has played he has created and scored not to forget the crucial and excellent game against Derby.

The simple reason Taylor gets ahead of him Is his creativity. 

Woodrow is a solid championship player who would start for the majority of sides in this league.

is that why he was third choice at Fulham

On 31/12/2017 at 12:49, Londoner said:

Incredible posts.

The kid hasn't had a run of games....and when he has played he has created and scored not to forget the crucial and excellent game against Derby.

The simple reason Taylor gets ahead of him Is his creativity. 

Woodrow is a solid championship player who would start for the majority of sides in this league.

I tend to disagree. A good finisher but doesn’t do enough off the ball. Reading game was the only time I have seen him work hard off the ball so hopefully he gets better at this in the coming games.

Woodrows performance away at Hull was nothing short of embarrassing, he almost gave the ball away every time he got it. Little wonder he was taken off at half time. I actually thought he did pretty well when he came on against Reading, overall though I haven't been overly impressed with him. 

As for Matty Taylor, I really like him. I thought he fitted in really well the end of last season. 

Woodrow isn’t a bad player, but as someone who was really keen on him over the summer, it seems like "hands-up", he hasn’t worked out.  Don’t think he’s been given a run to be fair, but seems like LJ isn’t going to.

Still think he’s better than Taylor :P

Archived