IGNORED

Shoulden't have been a red card to the wolves guy

bristolcitysweden

Interesting freeze frame, but I don’t think you can take that one frame as context.  The launch and follow On was dangerous (reckless), and that is what got him his card.

Had Batth tried to block tackle like Mags, he wouldn’t have got to the ball when he did, and it might’ve ended up being a 50;50.  Instead Batth bottled it and jumped in, albeit one legged.  The jump gets him there quicker, with no danger to himself, and all the risk on Mags.

I can see how the freeze frame seems to make it look harsh, but it’s the follow-through that is reckless.

All in my opinion!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting freeze frame, but I don’t think you can take that one frame as context.  The launch and follow On was dangerous (reckless), and that is what got him his card.

Had Batth tried to block tackle like Mags, he wouldn’t have got to the ball when he did, and it might’ve ended up being a 50;50.  Instead Batth bottled it and jumped in, albeit one legged.  The jump gets him there quicker, with no danger to himself, and all the risk on Mags.

I can see how the freeze frame seems to make it look harsh, but it’s the follow-through that is reckless.

All in my opinion!

It's the jump that is the offence.  As someone who's had 2 broken legs it's something I hate seeing. Cowardice basically.

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

It's the jump that is the offence.  As someone who's had 2 broken legs it's something I hate seeing. Cowardice basically.

Couldn’t agree more.  Said on another thread that i got a big hole in my shin from someoneone jumping in over the top half of the ball.  My shin pad took the brunt, but got swivelled and his studs went through the fleshy parts.  Yes - you Stewart Jones of Yate Town - you complete @&%€

How our lads reacted was a big deciding factor IMO. Fourth official doesn't have a great view from behind, so don't think he had any impact. 

My first thought it was slightly harsh, but you see them given nowadays and as Douglas said post match, he gave the ref the opportunity.

3 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

How our lads reacted was a big deciding factor IMO. Fourth official doesn't have a great view from behind, so don't think he had any impact. 

My first thought it was slightly harsh, but you see them given nowadays and as Douglas said post match, he gave the ref the opportunity.

I think a bigger factor was the position of the ref and the Lansdown stand. The ref was looking at the incident and right behind it all of the Lansdown reacting to it. That must have an effect on his decision making,

Studs up, red card.

Fielding came out stuck a leg out, Wolves player goes down (maybe playing for it slightly), red card.

Both decisions IMO spot on. We were unlucky but as soon as Fielding was shown red, I thought Wolves had the better chances. Caballero? I thought was the difference then. 

No complaints, couldn't capitalise when we had the man extra, they're top and should be in the Prem next year. Hopefully we get a chance for revenge next season.

49 minutes ago, Super said:

Must just be me thinks it was a clear red in todays football.

Definitely a red for me as well. Even on that freeze frame above, I believe both feet are off the ground. Which ultimately means he isn’t in control, I think that’s the rule so to speak. He could of easily done some major damage to Magnússon on the follow through as well. Red all day for me. COYR 

He was never in control of that lunge, which makes his challenge dangerous, it was a needless and rash tackle, his stupidity gave the referee a decision to make and sometimes it's yellow and sometimes it's red.

I thought the real issue for me was the award of a free kick to Wolves that led to their winner, both players were wrestling, the only clear cut foul was by the Wolves player chopping Pack down in frustration.

Archived