IGNORED

Joe Bryan's instagram

RedNight

The players must have a right laugh at our fan base. 

Just posted on his instagram "We've enjoyed 2017. This time last year I was a fraud."

A little dig which I find quite funny. 

To be fair grown men verbally abusing people on social media is highly embarrassing. But all clubs are the same I guess. 

Probably a sour taste in the mouths of Lee Johnson and the players after the abuse last season. Some will say it 'was deserved'. I'm not sure anyone deserves some of the verbal attacks that the management and players got last year - especially over a game of football. 

Clearly Bryan hasn't forgot. All in good humour though I'm sure

2 minutes ago, RedNight said:

The players must have a right laugh at our fan base. 

Just posted on his instagram "We've enjoyed 2017. This time last year I was a fraud."

A little dig which I find quite funny. 

To be fair grown men verbally abusing people on social media is highly embarrassing. But all clubs are the same I guess. 

Probably a sour taste in the mouths of Lee Johnson and the players after the abuse last season. Some will say it 'was deserved'. I'm not sure anyone deserves some of the verbal attacks that the management and players got last year - especially over a game of football. 

Clearly Bryan hasn't forgot. All in good humour though I'm sure

7229556B-1858-48BD-B1E2-821AA7E5F457.png

Perhaps he would have been best of acknowledging that actually he was playing poorly at times last year and celebrate the hard work he clearly has put in to improve beyond all expectations. 

I don't like that post from him. It's less humble than I would come to expect, and as bolshy and outspoken as those who called him a fraud. 

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Perhaps he would have been best of acknowledging that actually he was playing poorly at times last year and celebrate the hard work he clearly has put in to improve beyond all expectations. 

I don't like that post from him. It's less humble than I would come to expect, and as bolshy and outspoken as those who called him a fraud. 

I'm not sure it's quite as outspoken as some of the abuse our fans gave players and Johnson. 

The players like Johnson too! And probably felt for him during last season. Some of the abuse at Johnson was sickening and unforgivable! 

Joe must have a sense of humour.  However, he is one of our most improved players this season. Beat left back in the league at the moment and premiership quality without a doubt.

Awesome going forward too. I would love to see him do more of that.

Last season, his defending was slightly lacking, but whoever taught him to defend has done a great job.

1 minute ago, Clarky89 said:

Took it down. 

Clearly some of our fan base can dish it out but not take it. 

It was on his instagram story. It's still up - he shouldn't take it down! He was having a laugh..

But I thought it was interesting that not all is forgotten. Maybe fans should remember that - because those calling him a fraud look like plonkers (to put it politely) now. 

Imagine Johnsons thoughts... 

2 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Took it down. 

This. It`s like those football fans who spend the whole game giving an opposition player dog`s abuse and then complain to the police when he scores and gives them the finger or something.

Suck it up. If you can`t take it, don`t dish it out.

10 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Took it down. 

But he should never be dishing it out to be fair. He is a highly intelligent, well rounded and decent young man. That was not his finest moment, seems he has had a change of heart - rightly I would say. 

Joe Bryan likes to play the long game......he single handedly made BCFC (both players and supporters) realise That we were good enough to beat Man Utd by scoring one of the most sublime goals I'e seen at the Gate.  He clearly puts in a shift every week and rightly deserves the praise heaped on him.

When my kids met him in the summer he was polite and seemed a balanced and thoughtful individual.

Ok..last season many on here were critical of LJ and City players (Joe Included) and I agree that some should count to 10 prior to posting. He and his team mates have worked hard, believed in the club and delivered some outstanding results. 

Irrespective of any results remaining this season I personally thank him and all the team for enthusing my children to support BCFC rather than the big premier league teams.

If we (as fans) can't accept a reverse dig from a player after being criticised (severely in some cases).....it's a sad state of affairs.

Joe....if you're reading.....have a great New Year and keep working hard.  ;0)

#citylegend

COYRs!!!!!!

Love that from Joe Bryan :clap:

Nice to see the players have a dig at our embarrassment of a fan base (minority; well maybe half).

Suck it up fellas. You dished it out, now take it on the chin.

Agree with original poster, some of the abuse (towards players and staff) last year was completely out of order. 

Well done Joey. It's all in good humour anyway! 

49 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Some people do need to count to 10 and think before they post personal abuse about players on forums and social media. Especially when it comes to an admirable young man like Joe.

Judging by some of the things Ive read on here, I worry that some posters might not be able to count that far!

30 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

Maybe he forgets that this time last year we were rubbish....

Exactly. Joe old buddy we were shite last year. You were shite along with everyone else. Fans on here can only dream of what you earn. Grow up and appreciate what you have. You have been a star this year but never forget where you came from and who ultimately pays your generous wages. I love you dearly but never become the big "I am" because it will come back and bite you 

Archived