IGNORED

Joe Bryan's instagram

RedNight

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Exactly. Joe old buddy we were shite last year. You were shite along with everyone else. Fans on here can only dream of what you earn. Grow up and appreciate what you have. You have been a star this year but never forget where you came from and who ultimately pays your generous wages.

******* hell. Are you serious?

I think many of us need to lighten up.

Good in him I say. We dish it out, we need to be man enough to take it.

Or don’t watch it, or read some of the bollocks thats posted on here.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Perhaps he would have been best of acknowledging that actually he was playing poorly at times last year and celebrate the hard work he clearly has put in to improve beyond all expectations. 

I don't like that post from him. It's less humble than I would come to expect, and as bolshy and outspoken as those who called him a fraud. 

But he has done previously…he said he had a poor season.

Perhaps he is being honest in his post…?

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he was good last year 

He was at times, but very inconsistant.

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Exactly. Joe old buddy we were shite last year. You were shite along with everyone else. Fans on here can only dream of what you earn. Grow up and appreciate what you have. You have been a star this year but never forget where you came from and who ultimately pays your generous wages. I love you dearly but never become the big "I am" because it will come back and bite you 

Him having some poor games doesn't make it OK for 'fans' to give him abuse.

The growing up needs to be done by the 'adults' who sent death threats at our manager last season and who screamed abuse during games.

6 hours ago, RedNight said:

It was on his instagram story. It's still up - he shouldn't take it down! He was having a laugh..

But I thought it was interesting that not all is forgotten. Maybe fans should remember that - because those calling him a fraud look like plonkers (to put it politely) now. 

Imagine Johnsons thoughts... 

Hold on a minute.

LJ and his coaches have been fantastic this season and deserve all the credit they are receiving, but, and this is a big but, when you are in charge of a team that goes on a record breaking run of losses you can expect a fair bit of grief at any level of football.

Most clubs would have fired him, SL didn't, and he was proved right, however if we were in the bottom 3 right now LJ would not be the head coach of this club.

LJ is young and inexperienced, but he is learning quickly, it is not correct to suggest he did not deserve the stick he got last year.

One very important point, any personal abuse WAS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, but questions regarding his ability were fair and completely justified.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Hold on a minute.

LJ and his coaches have been fantastic this season and deserve all the credit they are receiving, but, and this is a big but, when you are in charge of a team that goes on a record breaking run of losses you can expect a fair bit of grief at any level of football.

Most clubs would have fired him, SL didn't, and he was proved right, however if we were in the bottom 3 right now LJ would not be the head coach of this club.

LJ is young and inexperienced, but he is learning quickly, it is not correct to suggest he did not deserve the stick he got last year.

One very important point, any personal abuse WAS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, but questions regarding his ability were fair and completely justified.

"If we we were in the bottom 3 now" 

We're not. So what's your point? 

Hang on a cotton picking moment here. ... I flew over from ummmm Norn iron to see City play at Scunthorpe. Twice our Joe had a chance to score like he did as against Man wotsit and ummmm missed. Missed is being polite.

This year he has been a revelation on Sky. Well done Joe. Just goes to prove I know not a lot about football but Lee does.

Lee Johnson bigged him up at the start of last season, this put up our expectations of him and he didn't show he was a premier league quality left back.

The team were losing, mistakes were costing us, we were relegation bound and us as fans were right to question whether we can allow for Joe to develop in a broken team.

But oh how he has improved this year. Physically and mentally he seems light years from last year.

It's tongue in cheek, but I don't mind him having a little dig. He deserves to be able to and worked so hard on his game.  As long as it's not a "I'm off in January type post.. " 

As one that has come through our academy, been here for years, a Bristol lad - he is one of only a few that should be able to give as good as he gets.

It might be all tongue and cheek but why does he have to bring this up now..Last season was far from a joke(personal abuse by the way is going to far),The squad,manager deserved critisism..Us fans pay good money to see these players perform..ITs done with and we move on. We can laugh and joke now lets concerntrate on this season and not last.

15 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

******* hell. Are you serious?

I think many of us need to lighten up.

Good in him I say. We dish it out, we need to be man enough to take it.

Or don’t watch it, or read some of the bollocks thats posted on here.

Yes of course, it's my opinion and like everyone I am entitled to it in the same way that you are to yours (which I respect). He has been a star this year I agree and long may it continue. Last year, not so much along with many others.  However, I think we all need to move on, forget the past and enjoy this season. I don't care if we finish outside the playoffs (ok well  yes I do) but at least we have shown some determination and fight which was sadly lacking before. I have always been a proud fan of BCFC but this year has the added bonus of hope & excitement.

Fraud is a strange word to use, ‘not playing well’ would have probably been a better phrase!!

Its funny how football goes, he has been fantastic lately, but only last month at Sheffield United he had an awful game.

As far as I’m concerned, he can write whatever he wants on his status, I’ve not got a problem with it.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Fraud is a strange word to use, ‘not playing well’ would have probably been a better phrase!!

Its funny how football goes, he has been fantastic lately, but only last month at Sheffield United he had an awful game.

As far as I’m concerned, he can write whatever he wants on his status, I’ve not got a problem with it.

Fraud and similar words are used all all over social media.

It was just Joe’s sense of humour, it’s a slightly different one to most!

19 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

,,I think he's a right arrogant little shit top player though

As somebody who has had the pleasure of meeting Joe, introducing young players to him and seeing him present awards at a junior club end of season presentation I would say the man is a credit to his parents who raised him, and to Bristol City who he was representing. Arrogant he was not.

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fraud and similar words are used all all over social media.

It was just Joe’s sense of humour, it’s a slightly different one to most!

The way I decipher fraud in football speak, is someone not trying. I don’t believe for one moment he wasn’t trying.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Do people think he is referring to 'fraud' comments on this forum? Or rather what I think, that he is taking the piss out of himself for how he played last season. I doubt he ever reads this forum. He seems too sensible to bother wasting his time on here.

It’s not the first time that he’s made reference to negative social media comments etc....so I think he’s certainly talking about the stick he got from fans. 

14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

He was at times, but very inconsistant.

Him having some poor games doesn't make it OK for 'fans' to give him abuse.

The growing up needs to be done by the 'adults' who sent death threats at our manager last season and who screamed abuse during games.

Spot on James.

A bloody disgrace. And as for those cocks who wasted good paint on their bed sheets....

Where are those ******* now?

53 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The way I decipher fraud in football speak, is someone not trying. I don’t believe for one moment he wasn’t trying.

I think it was meaning fraud for taking a wage as a professional footballer.

I’d also like to think people post such things on social media with tongue as firmly in cheek as Joe’s reply. Throwaway comments when someone has a bad game. 

Archived