IGNORED

Hope its the Purple and Lime kit on Monday evening

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

When we had the original purple kit in the 90s, a green shirt had to be made for our away match at Crystal Palace. I was at the game and it looked ok. The match itself wasn't ok!

1A24FCCA-7623-4502-B64F-5140A76DAD1D.jpeg

On 02/01/2018 at 00:49, Red Right Hand said:

Perhaps we`d have to wear Villa`s away kit.

Now when has that ever happened before and if it has, how did the away team do?:shifty:

Got a feeling we wore Stockport County's yellow & green at Edgeley Park back in the mid 80s. Might have been the start of the yellow/green era. Think it was a draw.

When I first starting going to AG in the 60s we wore red shorts and struggled every season.

Ever since Ive associated red shorts with bad results and the Villa game bears that out.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I was at Orient for a cup game, wore their away shirts, blue ! Lost 4-1 and I got thrown out. Coincidence? I think not.
Also it was nothing to do with being in their section where they had a bar open all game :whistle:

Went 1 up too. Peter (?) Johnson, a left back we had on loan from Newcastle with a thirty yard screamer if memory serves.

On 01/01/2018 at 13:24, Tomarse said:

1A24FCCA-7623-4502-B64F-5140A76DAD1D.jpeg

Sorry Tomarse but having thought about it, this wasn't the one off away shirt at Crystal Palace that season. The reason? The sponsor would've been the same as the purple kit which was Thorn Security.

27 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Sorry Tomarse but having thought about it, this wasn't the one off away shirt at Crystal Palace that season. The reason? The sponsor would've been the same as the purple kit which was Thorn Security.

I have the purple and lime kit with Blackthorn on it. I think we had it for two seasons one with Thorn Security then one with Dry Blackthorn Cider.

Archived