IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

Logged on this morning to buy my ticket and surprised to see so many seats available in areas normally dominated by season ticket holders - hundreds still available in every block of the Dolman and South Stands.  That means a lot of STH haven't bought.

Which of you hasn't bought?  Curious to know why?  Is it the fear that game will be over after the 1st leg?  Is it simply a lack of finances?  Are people taking the huge risk of waiting to see the first leg score, to then buy on the third day of general sale (if indeed it makes it that far)?

Have to say I'm amazed.  This is a major cup semi final, our first in a generation, against one of the best teams on the planet, but it just doesn't seem to have captured the imagination in quite the same way as the United game.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Logged on this morning to buy my ticket and surprised to see so many seats available in areas normally dominated by season ticket holders - hundreds still available in every block of the Dolman and South Stands.  That means a lot of STH haven't bought.

Which of you hasn't bought?  Curious to know why?  Is it the fear that game will be over after the 1st leg?  Is it simply a lack of finances?  Are people taking the huge risk of waiting to see the first leg score, to then buy on the third day of general sale (if indeed it makes it that far)?

Have to say I'm amazed.  This is a major cup semi final, our first in a generation, against one of the best teams on the planet, but it just doesn't seem to have captured the imagination in quite the same way as the United game.

Unfortunately already had a holiday booked. Had to take the day off to go Manchester for the away leg.

Poor effort. This is a once in a generation game for us. 

I understand the Christmas argument, and people having forked out for half season tickets and the Utd tickets in the last month. But there is no way I’m waiting till the end of the 1st leg and risking missing out on the game at AG if we are still in the tie

2 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

I’ve bought mine. Doesn’t matter the 1st leg score to me.

very brave of you, even the most optimistic part of me says we will lose at least 4 nil, apart from seeing some famous faces it would be just too much of a disappointment after that to go down to just see us restore a bit of lost pride, fair play to those going to either match.

I'm going to the away leg. Genuinely not sure on the home leg at the moment. I'm already spending £130 once train and hotels are factored in and would need to spend £30 to £60 on trains to Bristol and back for the home leg. Potentially over £200 for the two legs is a fair whack of money just after Christmas. And, to be honest, the second lot would be a sucker punch if we had lost heavily in the first leg. I go to more away games than home games so can't actually buy a home ticket until Thursday but still not quite decided what to do...

10 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Poor effort. This is a once in a generation game for us. 

I understand the Christmas argument, and people having forked out for half season tickets and the Utd tickets in the last month. But there is no way I’m waiting till the end of the 1st leg and risking missing out on the game at AG if we are still in the tie

Well you obviously dont understand the christmas argument then. I know people who have kids that just cant afford to go to this match sadly.

I only bought my tickets at the last minute this morning and put them on my ever growing credit card. And I dont even have kids!

I wonder what score would people consider to be game-over after the first leg?

A two goal deficit? Three?

Personally I’d take a one goal deficit if offered now. But the game is still just about alive if we’re two down - the first goal then becomes absolutely crucial. Three or more is surely curtains.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm going to the away leg. Genuinely not sure on the home leg at the moment. I'm already spending £130 once train and hotels are factored in and would need to spend £30 to £60 on trains to Bristol and back for the home leg. Potentially over £200 for the two legs is a fair whack of money just after Christmas. And, to be honest, the second lot would be a sucker punch if we had lost heavily in the first leg. I go to more away games than home games so can't actually buy a home ticket until Thursday but still not quite decided what to do...

my train ticket from Paddington to TM was £8 each way. Might have gone up now

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Mostly the same reasons as I told you before to many negative reactions,  waiting to see the first leg score instead of attending a glorified friendly. I have however now purchased tickets.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

That could make a difference. Will see what train tickets are doing once I know I can get a ticket on Thursday. Sounds promising at least...

I've got half day off work each day. Train from Paddington at 2pm and back at 9am the next morning…then back to work.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I've got half day off work each day. Train from Paddington at 2pm and back at 9am the next morning…then back to work.

Much of my problem is that I don't currently have access to my work calendar and won't til I get back into the office. I've taken a bit of a risk with the Manchester leg. Reasonably certain it is clear but could get awkward if I'm wrong on that...

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mostly the same reasons as I told you before to many negative reactions,  waiting to see the first leg score instead of attending a glorified friendly. I have however now purchased tickets.

As discussed previously many of us felt it was a hugely dangerous assumption to think you could make the decision to buy after the first game, by which time it could have sold out.

But, to be fair, there is every indication that it will make general sale - although even then, the tickets would have to survive two days before we know the result!

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much of my problem is that I don't currently have access to my work calendar and won't til I get back into the office. I've taken a bit of a risk with the Manchester leg. Reasonably certain it is clear but could get awkward if I'm wrong on that...

I had a similar problem last week but I thought as the train tickets were so cheap, I'd take a risk. (It was only if someone else was on holiday to be fair, not a business meeting)

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As discussed previously many of us felt it was a hugely dangerous assumption to think you could make the decision to buy after the first game, by which time it could have sold out.

But, to be fair, there is every indication that it will make general sale - although even then, the tickets would have to survive two days before we know the result!

With regular ticket updates and the ease of seeing how many tickets are left, many people are biding their time. If sales rise then those waiting around will jump in there I am sure.

Archived