IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I will be there. But I do think we could have done with having the first game at home. I know some will disagree. 

I tend to agree. Technically they say it’s an advantage to play at home second, but from the point of view of selling out the game and ensuring another massive occasion, I think I’d rather be starting at 0-0 in front of our own fans. But then if we are going to win the tie, you really want to win it at home!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I tend to agree. Technically they say it’s an advantage to play at home second, but from the point of view of selling out the game and ensuring another massive occasion, I think I’d rather be starting at 0-0 in front of our own fans. But then if we are going to win the tie, you really want to win it at home!

Funny one isn`t it? Say we go up there and are three down by half time and they take their foot off so it finishes like that. They then send the kids down to AG and we get one early doors and you could end up seeing a great game as we really go for it.

That`s what I`m hoping anyway!

Personally, I think the club have over-priced this one. Man U are always a bigger draw, there is the risk of it being a pointless game, and there has been a lot of expense lately with Christmas and football. I also think they should have applied the members discount on this occasion, just for once accept that fans don't have an endless supply of money! Mainly because some of us have spent so much of it watching City for the past 40 years.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Funny one isn`t it? Say we go up there and are three down by half time and they take their foot off so it finishes like that. They then send the kids down to AG and we get one early doors and you could end up seeing a great game as we really go for it.

That’s the other thing isn’t it. We could be 3-0 down after the first leg and then by some miracle get it back to 3-2 with 15 minutes to go. You’d want to be there for that 15 minutes. It could be a huge mistake to not go based on the first leg result.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They have Burnley in the FA cup this weekend then Liverpool in the league, I could easily see Pep putting out the reserves in the first leg hoping to come away with a win and re-evaluate for the second leg. Could mean game on at Ashton Gate. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s the other thing isn’t it. We could be 3-0 down after the first leg and then by some miracle get it back to 3-2 with 15 minutes to go. You’d want to be there for that 15 minutes. It could be a huge mistake to not go based on the first leg result.

As long as it`s not six from the first leg! The way I look at it 3-0 is the sort of score where they might take it easy in the second half and feel confident they could see the second leg out with a weakened team but, as we know, we never know when we`re beaten. The strange thing is though, if we did get one back up there and it finished 3-1 it could be worse for us as they would go a bit stronger in the second leg.

Great this football lark isn`t it?

1 minute ago, hodge said:

They have Burnley in the FA cup this weekend then Liverpool in the league, I could easily see Pep putting out the reserves in the first leg hoping to come away with a win and re-evaluate for the second leg. Could mean game on at Ashton Gate. 

The strange thing is they are so far ahead in the league it’s feasible that they could put more priority on our game than we might expect - especially if they’re serious about the “quadruple”.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The strange thing is they are so far ahead in the league it’s feasible that they could put more priority on our game than we might expect - especially if they’re serious about the “quadruple”.

Think Pep won't ease up on the league so they can try and have it wrapped up asap so to focus on the latter stages of the champions league. I think we'll get a hint of his intentions for the first leg by who he plays against Burnley in the cup.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I agree.

I believe pep will play a similar team to previous rounds the likes of yaya etc however if we get a draw or even a Win at the etihad there is a chance pep would then put out a stronger team second leg.... I would honestly take a 1 goal defeat in the first leg and hope that pep sticks with a "weaker" team. Then get the gate rocking and game on.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So, would we want Burnley to turn them over in the FA Cup this Saturday?

I wouldn't want that.  Wouldn't want them to experience the feeling of a domestic defeat (yet) as could lead to a backlash/reaction in their next match

Already bought mine and my 2 mates at £38 each, which does seem expensive given I can see us getting spanked by 5 or 6 up there, as Pep will play a strong team to get it over and done with, to rest players in the second leg. Will be delighted if only 2 down as he will then have to play a strong bench incase we get the goals back.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s the cost, pure and simple. Man City are charging us £15, there’s no reason why we can’t do the same.

They have to fill a 55,000 stadium which their fans don't think they'll do for a semi final, we're selling out for regular league games. Do people honestly think Man City in a semi final isn't worthy of being a gold tier price?

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

They have to fill a 55,000 stadium which their fans don't think they'll do for a semi final, we're selling out for regular league games. Do people honestly think Man City in a semi final isn't worthy of being a gold tier price?

Think the issue is more to do with the gold tier price being too much.

I stand by what I said before that was rubbished at the time

On 12/23/2017 at 14:00, tommy_b said:

Atyeo Tickets on sale last suggests that we have doubts over selling out the rest of the stadium and will give that back over to Man City if demand doesn’t require it for Home fans

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm going to the away leg. Genuinely not sure on the home leg at the moment. I'm already spending £130 once train and hotels are factored in and would need to spend £30 to £60 on trains to Bristol and back for the home leg. Potentially over £200 for the two legs is a fair whack of money just after Christmas. And, to be honest, the second lot would be a sucker punch if we had lost heavily in the first leg. I go to more away games than home games so can't actually buy a home ticket until Thursday but still not quite decided what to do...

Similar story for me. I have just bought the away ticket and cannot buy the home one until Thursday. However I have done this by taking a risk that I do not have any new year hidden work commitments. The cost for both trips is also weighing on my mind as I also have a ticket for Watford this weekend. I don't think I have attended so many games (taking pre Christmas games also into account) in such a short space of time in many many years. Hey ho :city: 

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It’s the two legs that’s killed the excitement.

Let’s hope there is a bow wave of tickets purchased after a draw or narrow defeat in the first leg as I have got my Home ticket and can’t say I would enjoy a dead rubber second leg 

55 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Personally, I think the club have over-priced this one. Man U are always a bigger draw, there is the risk of it being a pointless game, and there has been a lot of expense lately with Christmas and football. I also think they should have applied the members discount on this occasion, just for once accept that fans don't have an endless supply of money! Mainly because some of us have spent so much of it watching City for the past 40 years.

Yeah, this one is a bonus. I’m sure the club didn’t really expect us to beat United (where they already made lots of money) so would’ve been nice if they’d reduced prices here and/or given free/reduces travel for the awsy leg. 

46 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not at all but it’s just a little bit of common sense. It’s the time of the year, we’ve had near on sell outs for the past few weeks, maybe the club could help a little and reduce the prices for this game.

Clearly it’s proving too much for some people.

18 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I don't feel as excited for this game as I did for the Utd one.

There is a strong chance the tie could be over by the time we play this game.

As these games are a 'bonus' to the club, plus extra TV money and sponsorship, I would have thought ticket prices could have been cheaper.

real shame it wasn't the home leg first, agree with you could be just a pride restoring game second leg.

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not at all but it’s just a little bit of common sense. It’s the time of the year, we’ve had near on sell outs for the past few weeks, maybe the club could help a little and reduce the prices for this game.

Clearly it’s proving too much for some people.

Which is a fair reason for not purchasing a ticket, but hard for the club to know this given we sold out the Utd game easily and league games are selling very well. Tbh I still expect this game to sell out its just a case of whether it takes general sale for it to do so. We don't get these games often, given our recent streak of being knocked out in the first round and the FA cup not being much better I don't feel the club should be criticised for finally having a cup run to make something from. 

Archived