IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Think the issue is more to do with the gold tier price being too much.

Actually I don’t think the gold tier price itself is too bad in and of itself. £35ish for a cup semi final against a top class side isn’t outrageous. You’d pay more than that for Premier League games, West End theatre, pop concerts, etc.

I think the problem is the timing - so soon after the United game, post Christmas, away leg first. Under the circumstances perhaps a slight reduction to acknowledge that would have been appropriate.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Actually I don’t think the gold tier price itself is too bad in and of itself. £35ish for a cup semi final against a top class side isn’t outrageous. You’d pay more than that for Premier League games, West End theatre, pop concerts, etc.

I think the problem is the timing - so soon after the United game, post Christmas, away leg first. Under the circumstances perhaps a slight reduction to acknowledge that would have been appropriate.

Point for me is it's supposed to be a game accessible to everyone, regardless of income. £35 is a lot of someones wage.

West End Theatre and Pop Concerts are also not something you do every week, and are not usually attended largely by the working class, in the way football is.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes, just wonder if we should ever get promoted if these will be more or less default prices.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Point for me is it's supposed to be a game accessible to everyone, regardless of income. £35 is a lot of someones wage.

West End Theatre and Pop Concerts are also not something you do every week, and are not usually attended largely by the working class, in the way football is.

Nor are cup semi finals and its why we have different tiers of pricing for league games. 

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Very fair points, I don’t disagree with you.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

But gold ticket pricing comes around quite often, doesn't it?

Norwich - Silver, QPR - Silver, Sunderland - Gold, Fulham - Silver. 

So the only gold tickets able to purchase atm that are gold tier are a cup semi final and a relegated premier league team. 

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

So the only gold tickets able to purchase atm that are gold tier are a cup semi final and a relegated premier league team. 

Silver is also too much, I'd say. I don't think theres actually an argument for tickets being as expensive as they are.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wolves, United and Middlesborough were all gold too. All in the last few weeks.

The club's bean counters must be perfectly aware that it's difficult to sell products in January when a huge amount of people these days are reliant on borrowing just to get by.

So some consideration of this and cheaper ticket prices would've course been welcomed. 

As it is I think the game will sell-out as these prices so I suppose they will be justified to an extent. 

The reason it'll definitely sell-out imo is because I'm very confident (seem to be one of only a few) that the tie will still be alive as I think the game at the Etihad will be tight. 

Hope club put them straight out for general sale , season ticket holders have had long enough and then if the un thinkable happens and we win those who bought semi tickets first for final bearing in the final you only get your average gate in tickets 20000 would leave a lot of season ticket holders sucking a lemon serves them right for not buying 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Hope club put them straight out for general sale , season ticket holders have had long enough and then if the un thinkable happens and we win those who bought semi tickets first for final bearing in the final you only get your average gate in tickets 20000 would leave a lot of season ticket holders sucking a lemon serves them right for not buying 

I don’t even know where to start with this.

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Works the same the other way. Serves non-season ticket holders right for not buying a season ticket...

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Hmmm. Doesn't sound like you forked out £400 odd quid on a season ticket at the start of a season, when we had no idea how the team were going to perform.

23 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Works the same the other way. Serves non-season ticket holders right for not buying a season ticket...

It doesn’t work either way. Some season ticket holders will not be able to make the game for very legitimate reasons - not least of all financial ones. And not everyone can commit to a season ticket - again for legitimate reasons.

The process of season ticket holders first, then members next, is quite clearly the fairest way of selling tickets. We don’t need to be saying “serves them right” to anyone.

On 31/12/2017 at 14:03, Red Army 75 said:

Only reason Jesus was in tears. Was because he’s missing the two biggest games of his career 

7 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I expect it being Xmas and lots of games recently has made a difference, not a surprise to me

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Logged on this morning to buy my ticket and surprised to see so many seats available in areas normally dominated by season ticket holders - hundreds still available in every block of the Dolman and South Stands.  That means a lot of STH haven't bought.

Which of you hasn't bought?  Curious to know why?  Is it the fear that game will be over after the 1st leg?  Is it simply a lack of finances?  Are people taking the huge risk of waiting to see the first leg score, to then buy on the third day of general sale (if indeed it makes it that far)?

Have to say I'm amazed.  This is a major cup semi final, our first in a generation, against one of the best teams on the planet, but it just doesn't seem to have captured the imagination in quite the same way as the United game.

Man City away cost me £15 + 1 for booking whereas my Season Ticket Seat cost £38 so that’s probably why as pensioners especially hit with the huge increase on their usual seat cost as I know a few who simply couldn’t afford or justify that.

7 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

The chance to City in a semi-final of a major cup competition and people are debating whether to go!??

It will be a sell out, but yes I'm surprised as well that some aren't sure. As much as it pains me to say it, your players deserve a full house even if you get done 10-0 in the first leg, they've beaten 4(?) Prem teams on the way FFS.

Going to both legs. For folk looking to make the Manchester trip a little cheaper I managed to get Megabus to Manc land for £7.50 each way and Easy Hotel (twin room) for £37.

i will probably curse these decisions when I’m stuck on a coach going nowhere and get a terrible nights sleep but you gets what you pay for! 

Archived